PA3X songs on my website

Posted by: DonM

PA3X songs on my website - 05/20/13 10:27 PM

I have updated my site. Most of the songs on there now were done on PA3x, including all the videos.
Check it out if you have nothing important to do!
www.donmasonmusic.com

Thanks,
DonM
Posted by: Hal2001

Re: PA3X songs on my website - 07/29/13 04:46 PM

I checked out your website and it has a real nice wide variety of music styles. Excellent singing voice. Rock on. Hal

Re: PA3X songs on my website - 11/23/13 10:20 AM

Beautiful songs on your site Hal. I forget to monitor this forum sometimes.
DonM
Posted by: Kytrinh

Re: PA3X songs on my website - 11/23/13 12:57 PM

Hello DonM
The Guitar you have next to you in the vids.. Is that the sound engine of those guitar runs you pulling out?? smile very sharp Mr. Mason, very sharp. Loved it and thanks for the link.
Regards
Ky
Posted by: billyhank

Re: PA3X songs on my website - 11/23/13 02:20 PM

Don,

Some fine playing and singing there my friend.

I do love your guitar playing on these keyboards.
I notice you are using the Korg EC5 pedal with the Pa3X - do you use it much?
Also - it looks like you use the ribbon Controller in some of your videos?

Bill G
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: PA3X songs on my website - 11/26/13 09:27 AM

Don ... great stuff ... what guitar sounds do you use on "Always On My Mind" and "Margaritaville" ?
... and is that the on board VH? ... it sounds great

Hal ... as Don said, you have some beautiful music on your site ... I really enjoyed the vid and music of the horse riding on the Jersey shore ...
Posted by: Jonesy

Re: PA3X songs on my website - 12/13/13 08:47 AM

Love the songs Don, some lovely playing and what's great on the videos you're having an absolute blast! Really enjoyed watching....Best wishes, Mark

Re: PA3X songs on my website - 12/26/13 12:03 AM

Thanks for the nice comments. I need to check this page more often. Tony, it is the on board harmonizer, set to one voice, a third above, female gender.
The guitar sounds are the factory STS settings for the styles I used.
Bill, I use the fc5 a lot, mostly for vocal harmony on/off, break/fill and variation.
I have started using the ribbon quite a bit. Sometimes it is easier than joystick for certain things.

Re: PA3X songs on my website - 12/26/13 07:13 AM

Don,

I finally got the Pa3X and was worried the smaller display might be a problem, but it seems to be more accurate and sensitive than the one on the Pa900. I must say the Pa900 touch display was never a problem for me, but I sure was afraid to go to the smaller one.

Haven't had much time to explore the new keyboard with the holiday goings on, but I can see this one is a long time keeper.

Now everyone can thank me because I know Korg will release it's replacement within the next three months - it always happens that way. ;-)

Bill G

Re: PA3X songs on my website - 12/29/13 08:04 PM

Congratulations Bill. You will love it.
DonM

Re: PA3X songs on my website - 12/29/13 08:37 PM

Thanks Don - it was your videos that encouraged me to get the keyboard and I am glad I did.

I really like this keyboard, but I have to say the Pa900 is one hell of a good keyboard for the money.

Bill G
Posted by: zuki

Re: PA3X songs on my website - 02/04/14 06:44 PM

Hey Don, enjoyed your songs. The melodic PA styles are something very special. Whoever does their styles is classically trained, symphony I'd say. Yamaha has beauty but lacks the drums/bass combo. Roland will always think young. IMO

Re: PA3X songs on my website - 02/05/14 09:57 PM

I agree Jim, it has great realistic bass lines. I miss my PA3x but I'm enjoying the little brother too.
Seems to have everything I need except extra foot controls.