Yamaha PSR S900

Posted by: moldmaker

Yamaha PSR S900 - 08/05/07 05:54 PM

For Sale: Yamaha PSR S900.
1 week old. I took it out of the box & played it a few times, put it back in the box & decided to sell it & get a Midjay (which should be here next week). So, if you want a great deal, here's your chance. $1450 shipped to your door.
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Yamaha PSR S900 - 08/08/07 09:26 PM

May I ask what you didnt like about the psr900 ?

I also enjoyed the Midjay...great unit.

Re: Yamaha PSR S900 - 08/09/07 05:25 PM

Donny,
It's not that I don't like the keyboard, as a matter of fact I think it's wonderful. The reason that I'm selling it is because I am an accordion player & as you know, the left hand on the accordion is quite different than playing a piano keyboard. It was just one of those "I've gotta have" items & found out rather quickly that "I shouldn't of"!
Wally
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Yamaha PSR S900 - 08/09/07 06:10 PM

Wally, My best friend who has past on was an accordion player. He started with using midi and the keyboard and his accordion. Later he started playing the keyboard on a regularly, he did struggle a bit with his left hand, but his right made up for it. Every time I meet an accordion who has made the change he is normally outstanding because of that right hand.

He carried his keyboard in his trunk, said he would not live without it.
Wally, get over the learning curve you’ll never regret it.

Trying to help, John C.
Posted by: abacus

Re: Yamaha PSR S900 - 08/10/07 12:35 AM

Most European keyboards and modules are designed to allow easy use with a Midi Accordion; in fact most of the keyboards are available with Accordion keys. (The Accordion is Very Big in Europe)
Hope this helps

Bill

Re: Yamaha PSR S900 - 08/10/07 08:18 AM

John, thanks for the words of encouragement! You've almost got me convinced to keep the PSR S900 & learn how to utilize the left hand.

Bill, I also have a Ketron X8 Chromatic keyboard that has the accordion layout. But I don't know of any other Accordion Keyboards that you mentioned. Can you explain? Thanks
Posted by: abacus

Re: Yamaha PSR S900 - 08/10/07 09:08 AM

Hi Moldmaker
If you contact any European manufacture, (Orla, Bohm, Wersi, Ketron etc) you will find that although not widely advertised, they all produce versions of their keyboards with Chromatic keyboards.
Also the Italian manufacture MusicTech also produces Chromatic Midi Master keyboards. (They even show one fitted to a Tyros)
Hope this helps

Bill
Posted by: Taike

Re: Yamaha PSR S900 - 08/15/07 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hi Moldmaker
If you contact any European manufacture, (Orla, Bohm, Wersi, Ketron etc) you will find that although not widely advertised, they all produce versions of their keyboards with Chromatic keyboards.
Also the Italian manufacture MusicTech also produces Chromatic Midi Master keyboards. (They even show one fitted to a Tyros)
Hope this helps

Bill

Tyros 1 as well. Don't know about the Tyros2, though, but I assume there is. After all, they're custom made. A pity that I no longer have the link but I remember that it was in Belgium.

Taike