ps550 or roland EM 55

Posted by: Andrzej Nowakowski

ps550 or roland EM 55 - 12/08/01 07:46 AM

Hi

I would like to buy new keyboard. I can't decide wchich will be better: yamaha psr 550 or roland EM 55. Please, help me. Generally i'm looking for good performance styles.

Greetz for all!
Please send answer to my email address: nail@zin.pl
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: ps550 or roland EM 55 - 12/08/01 09:02 PM

Andrzej,
It's pretty difficult for many of us on this forum to compare these two boards at this time. The Roland EM-55 has not been released in the U.S. yet. Plus the only place it has really been seed advertised is at synthplanet. I haven't seen any user reviews for it yet. You can check with some people in the arranger forum like Goerge Kaye, who is a Roland dealer. He might have some info on the unit. The PSR-550 is a pretty decent keyboard. I honestly think it's the best one in it's class and price range. There are a lot of features packed into the unit. At one time I used my computer to translate the advertisement at synthplanet and the specs look really nice. There are WAY more sounds on the EM-55, but it's hard to say if they are better than the PSR-550 because the ad didn't list how many mb's were dedicated to the sounds. Also the EM-55 has a pitcbend stick with modulation. The 550 only has a pitchbend wheel with no modulation. Many of us are hoping the EM-55 is released soon...
Posted by: Andrzej Nowakowski

Re: ps550 or roland EM 55 - 12/10/01 03:36 PM

Hi!

Thanks for Your receive. I know differences between Yamaha psr 550 and Roland EM-55 (more sounds for EM55 but less styles - 64 + 64 on disk link, 8MB ROM for both boards), but I don't know which sounds better. EM-55 has not been released in U.K yet ? It's a little surprise for me In Poland this instrument is available from about a month, but is available to buy only for order. If You want more information about technical features of EM55, contact with me. Price for EM 55 is about 900 Euro. Thanks once again !

------------------
Yours
Andrzej N.
Poland