CS2X + external sequencer

Posted by: Anonymous

CS2X + external sequencer - 03/06/02 06:52 AM

Hi
Has anyone already worked with those two combined ? I use a CS2X and an Alesis mmt8 external sequencer. I want to know how to assign the midi channels on the devices in order to be able to sequence a performance combined with other "PRE voices" or XG voices (as i can do with logic audio...) thanx !
pfeleep@swing.be
Posted by: Xenox.AFL

Re: CS2X + external sequencer - 04/02/02 10:35 PM

Well, I worked a long time withe the CS1x which it's nearly the same and I never had problemes using it withe an external Sequenzer or Logic Audio for example...! You have to know, that, if you using the Cs1x/Cs2x in the performance mode, you can't play any sounds on the Midi channel 2 to 5, put the next sound in your external sequenzer to midi channel 6 and everything is working...! From channel 6 to 16 you can only use XG-Sounds!!! This is because the first midi channel can play 4 Voices simultaneous. On the other parts from 6-16 are only one voice! This is hard to understand for some people, I know! If you want to use on every Midi Channel 4 parts simultaneous then you have to buy the Cs6x, which is able to do that and I am happy with that!!

Frank