How are you playing ...with your psr9000/9000 pro

Posted by: Alain

How are you playing ...with your psr9000/9000 pro - 06/01/02 02:53 AM

I have just received my yamaha psr9000 pro and I am wandering how you pro's are playing with it.
I have a lot off styles made specialy for the psr9000. (some with OTS)
I want to play with a certain style made for a certain song. I want to change during the song the pattern....A-B-C... and I also want the lead voice to change when I change the patterns .
How are you doing this...what is the best way to perform ?
Do you play with midifiles, built in styles or commercial styles ?

Thanks for the advice,
Alain
Posted by: Graham UK

Re: How are you playing ...with your psr9000/9000 pro - 06/01/02 05:09 AM

Alain.....I have recently been discussing just this point with the Yamaha Factory demonstrator staff. Select a style suitable for the song you wish to perform with right hand voice..s. Save into a Reg Bank 1 with name of song. Duplicate this into Banks 2. 3. & 4 or up to bank 8 if you wish. Each with a different right hand voice to suit different parts of the song. You can even mute some of the style backings in Bank 1 and add them back by un-muting as you save into Banks 2. 3.& 4. I set my right hand sustain pedal to trigger the Bank Registrations and just press it as I move though the song. You have over 600 Registrations, so plenty of room for a load of songs settings. You could select any suitable ones from the Music Data Base and convert to your liking and then save into the Registration Banks.

Graham UK
Posted by: Alain

Re: How are you playing ...with your psr9000/9000 pro - 06/06/02 08:40 AM

Still problems playing with the psr9000 pro.
I want to play for instance Strangers in the night....I have the style for this song and I have copied this song to my hard disk.
So I load the style....but then what do I do next.
I want to play with the four variations...and I want the right hand voice change when the variation changes...how can I save this to the hard disk that the next time I want to play this song everything is ready to play....no time wasting.

I am new to the yamaha keyboards...I also have a technics kn6500 ....

Please give me advice how I can solve this problem...because for me this is a problem...I want to load the style and get started....

Thanks a lot,
Alain