Getting my CSX1 to talk to SBLIVE! w/midi ports on front using CAKEWALK

Posted by: Anonymous

Getting my CSX1 to talk to SBLIVE! w/midi ports on front using CAKEWALK - 01/16/02 10:39 AM

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone out there has experience in dealing with sound cards and synths. My soundcard has midi ports on the front.. (SBLIVE! w/live drive) Anyway, could also use some info on getting different bass sounds and other percussion and sound effects, so that I may load into the synth. And how would I go about loading them into the CSX1 through the midi cords. thx guys! let me know!
Posted by: grahawk

Re: Getting my CSX1 to talk to SBLIVE! w/midi ports on front using CAKEWALK - 01/18/02 12:16 AM

You connect the midi out on the SBlive to the midi in on the CSX1 and the midi in to the midi out on the keyboard using standard midi leads. You can't load sounds through midi leads - midi is for data transfer for recording and editing and for control.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Getting my CSX1 to talk to SBLIVE! w/midi ports on front using CAKEWALK - 01/18/02 10:02 AM

So,
with that in mind. Would you suggest you using that "XGworks 3.0" program? Also, If I did want to load sounds into my csx1, how would I go about doing that? Give me a list of the top 3 editing software if you could. ex:cakewalk, cubase, etc.
Posted by: grahawk

Re: Getting my CSX1 to talk to SBLIVE! w/midi ports on front using CAKEWALK - 01/18/02 11:33 AM

The top three are Cubase, Logic and Cakewalk which come in various forms. The one to cghoose would be the one which has the best support in term of environments/instruement defintions for the CSX1 which makes it easier to interact with the synth. You'll have to search for CSX1 resourses to find out. As for loading sounds it if hasn't got a sampler function then you can't.