CS6R midi clock problem

Posted by: Kevan Staples

CS6R midi clock problem - 04/29/00 01:19 AM

Hello fellow yamahahas

I recently purchased a CS6R synth module and it's fantastic but I'm having a small problem getting it to lock to midi clock. It works fine but it's not in time. I must advance all notes by a 16th note triplet to get it in time with the clock of my sequencer. I also have a Roland JP8080 locked to clock and it's perfectly synced. Does anyone know of or have the same problem with respect to clocking on the CS6R or even a CS6X?

Kevan

Mac PPC 9500 Newertech G3 400/200, Mac OS 8.6, Cubase VST 4.1r2, OMS 2.3.8, 2 MOTU Midi Timepiece II.

Re: CS6R midi clock problem - 04/30/00 11:10 PM

After testing two CS6Rs and a CS6X on two computers with both Logic and Cubase I can now confirm that there is a problem with the arpegiator in these units. It is quite simply unable to lock accurately to midi clock and that's quite disappointing.

Kevan

Re: CS6R midi clock problem - 05/02/00 11:47 AM

Just want to update all CS6 users on the arp sync bug. I have received word from Yamaha Japan (design department) that they are "aware" of the arp sync delay but are unsure if they can fix it. I suggest we raise a large stink about it until they do or make some ammends.

Kevan

Arpegiator is out of sync with itself regardless of midi clock being set to internal or external.