Unusual sounds

Posted by: RMepstead

Unusual sounds - 01/12/20 09:36 AM

Hi all - trying to work out how to make the sound of a gun being cocked and then saving that as a performance pad - any ideas for achieving this - it's part of a Dire Straits song...
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: Unusual sounds - 01/13/20 04:37 PM

Hi Rog,
A couple of suggestions....

Go to SOUND EXPLORER > SOUND EFFECTS > Page 5 Tap Dancer

or

Go to SOUND EXPLORER > SOUND EFFECTS > Page 2 Slap Bass Dead NS
and use for example keys C#3 to D3 in rapid succession i.e. hit C#3 and slide off to D3, or use another 'Black to White' key combination to provide different pitches.

Note you can also follow this Gun Cocked sound with a Gunshot (Page 5) LOL

Have Fun...

Re: Unusual sounds - 01/14/20 11:57 AM

Brilliant as always Willum - cheers.. Rog
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Unusual sounds - 01/15/20 12:56 PM

Bill, Roger, this sounds like old times, oh how I miss it.

John C.

Re: Unusual sounds - 01/16/20 05:29 AM

May be we need to think up some further discussion points - like Bill Forrest in California has just bought himself a KN7000 because he missed his previous one so much...
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: Unusual sounds - 01/17/20 12:37 PM

This is Bill Forrest in California. I finally found a KN7000 to buy in Virginia and had it freighted to me and trying now to learn it all over again after all these years. I sold my Technics keyboards when Matsubishi shut down the keyboard division to Walt Tenay. It is hard for me to remember because I am 88 now and it has been a long long time since I had my first KN7. I know there is a lot to learn here and get questions answered. In fact Roger helped me with a problem already this morning. Thanks Roger. so Hi to all you old timers and happy to see all you new people here. Bill

Re: Unusual sounds - 01/17/20 03:36 PM

Welcome back Bill ! Long time no see ole buddy....Great to know you've got yourself another KN7000.. Still in my opinion, the best one ever produced. I still have both my KN7000s and will never part with them as long as I'm able to play them. Don't do so many gigs now just mainly play at home. Keep plugging on and re-learning the beautiful machine - I'm sure it will gradually come back to you and there is always plenty help on this forum should you need it.
Cheers and all the best for 2020

Bill

Re: Unusual sounds - 01/20/20 02:10 PM

Hi Bill,
Hey it's good to have a Kn7 again and be back in this group. Thanks for your kind welcome.
so now I got a keyboard with out a manual, I just turn it on and stare at it. I try to remember how to do things but my ancient memory stays blank. The manual I bought is supposed to be here tomorrow. It was also supposed to be here last saturdy. HOpe it does get here this time. I'll be talking and asking questions from Y'all soon. Best to all old and new. Bill Forrest
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Unusual sounds - 01/20/20 10:21 PM

Hi Bebop

The user manual for sxKN7000 is also downloadable as pdf here at SZ:
http://www.synthzone.com/midi/technics/kn7000/SXKN7000.pdf

Have fun. 👍😊

Re: Unusual sounds - 01/21/20 10:41 AM

Thank you Gunnar Jonny. It is good to see you are still here and participating in this group. Thanks for the advice. Bill

Re: Unusual sounds - 01/22/20 12:34 PM

Bebop, Bebop, Bebop, a name from the past. You were a big part of what I was doing during the Technics days. I would like to say thank you again. I wish you the best with your Kn7000, it is still a winner.

I bought a Kn7000 last year, after three days it stopped working. After two months of trying to find someone to repair it, I had to give up. The gentleman that sold me the Kn7000 wanted to return my $1,000. He brought the keyboard down to Florida, and delivered it to my house. I could not accept his offer, so we agreed to split the money, he returned $500.

I am playing a Yamaha Sx900 now, I find it to be the closest keyboard to the Kn7000. Bill, after playing the Kn7000 for three days, I still feel it s the best one to have in my home.

Take care, and good health, John C.
PS, we are the same age.
Posted by: RC

Re: Unusual sounds - 01/24/20 11:02 AM

John C.- Like the old Budweiser commercial LOVE YOU MAN. I STILL FEEL BAD EVERYTIME I THINK ABOUT IT.RC

Re: Unusual sounds - 02/11/20 12:29 PM

ok, I got a manual in the mail and one on line so I am relearning a bit at a time. Slow process and memory not so good anymore so it isn't easy like it used to be. I be 88 years this month so slowing down but still at it. Good to see all the old friends here. Bebop Bill

Re: Unusual sounds - 02/11/20 12:32 PM

John C. I still have that beautiful keyboard stand your built and shipped to me. I have kind thoughts of you everytime I look at it. I say thanks again. smile Bebop

Re: Unusual sounds - 02/11/20 12:39 PM

I bought a Roland E80 to replace my kn7000 but it was just too complicated to program so I just play what programs are built in. It is the top of their line and was really costly. Mostly I play the Tyros 2 that I had to move into the living room to make room for the KN7000. After moving all the stuff around to make a home for the KN7, I have one left over bass woofer and don't remember what to hook it up too. Any ideas? Best to all, Bebop

Re: Unusual sounds - 02/12/20 02:55 AM

Bass woofers usually link up to Tyros keyboards Bill.

Re: Unusual sounds - 02/12/20 06:28 AM

Bill, sending you a keyboard stand was my pleasure. You did so much for so many Technics users.

I had a small Bass Woofer connected to my Kn7000. On a job I used and larger one. Technics was 99% in every way – but it was a thin sound. (Opinion) I had a BBE and an EQ I used, but the easiest way, for my home, was a small Bass Woofer.

Bill, give it a try, we all hear differently.

Take good care of you, John C.

Re: Unusual sounds - 02/12/20 04:11 PM

Roger The Tyros already has it's own bass woofer hooked up to it. This one must be for the KN7. Thanks Bruno yours makes sense smile
Posted by: hbinfo2001

Re: Unusual sounds - 02/16/20 03:16 PM

Hi Bill I have send you a full sdcard of sequencers ,styles
midi file etc....they are 99 folders x20
can you check your email its from by WEbTransfer
Howard

Re: Unusual sounds - 02/16/20 04:58 PM

Wow Howard, that is a lot of good stuff. I will watch for it. thank you a ton smile That will get me going again.
I hooked up the base woorer to the KN7 but can't tell it is doing anything. plugged it in at three different places. Bummer frown
Bill

Re: Unusual sounds - 02/17/20 09:25 AM

Try the headphone socket Bill - don't know if it will work but worth a try...

Re: Unusual sounds - 02/25/20 10:10 AM

Hi Howard.
Have not received yet??? Bebop

Re: Unusual sounds - 02/25/20 02:33 PM

Hi Bill I tought you have receive
I had send you the folder Private so you can download direct
to your kn7000
Its from WE Tranfer
When you receive a email from me you have to press on the
web site WE TRANSFER and you will have a zip file
I will try again
Howard

Re: Unusual sounds - 02/25/20 03:21 PM

Hi Bill I Wonder if your email adress its the right one

The private folder is 106 mo zip

Re: Unusual sounds - 02/25/20 03:53 PM

Hi Bill Can you send me your email
because I thing I dont have the right one
By
Howard

Re: Unusual sounds - 02/25/20 04:06 PM

Hi Bill is your email adress by Hotmail?
if its Hotmail the folder was send to you by We Transfer web site
to download
So check your email and click download on We Transfer=106mo
Howard

Re: Unusual sounds - 03/03/20 09:14 AM

Hi Bill the sdcard should not have more
Than 2gig If you have one dont forget to format in the kn7000 before you download my folder Private direct to the sdcard
Do you have the software SD Explorer
Bye
Howard

Re: Unusual sounds - 03/09/20 02:22 PM

Thanks Howard, I got the SD card with all the files on it. Some really good stuff on here. Your a prince. appreciate you. Bebop

Re: Unusual sounds - 03/11/20 12:13 PM

its a pleasure for me

Re: Unusual sounds - 03/16/20 04:02 PM

Hi Howard.
I found the songs from Green but they are on a floppy. I only have one computer with a floppy drive so can't access them at this time. As soon as I get my recording studio main frame going again I will sent you a copy. I am afraid it will have to go to the shop. It weighs over 50 pounds and I can't even lift and carry it.
Bebop

Re: Unusual sounds - 03/16/20 06:24 PM

Hi Bill Like I told you in previous post that my Kn 7000 crash
and I had exchange for the ketron sd60 and $4,000 can.
So I had kept all my back up from the kn7000 ,you never know if I will
come back with another kn7000
So Bill you dont have to send me the Alex sequencers
If you need more files ,let me know
Enjoy
Thanks
Howard
Posted by: HarryG

Re: Unusual sounds - 03/19/20 07:38 AM

Hello Howard,

I read that your KN 7000 crashes.
Which operating version do you have on the KN 7000?
1.3; 1.4. or 1.6?
With version 1.6 the crashes are usually fixed.

Display of the installed version:
1. Turn off the keyboard.
2. In the SOUND GROUP, press the [PIANO] - [GUITAR] - [MALLET & ORCH PERC] buttons and hold them down while switching on.
3. After switching on, you will see the version number at the bottom right of the display.
4. If the version number is the same or even higher than the one offered here, an update is not necessary!

greeting
Harry

Re: Unusual sounds - 03/19/20 03:54 PM

Hi Harry,thanks for your post
the kn 7000 was 1.6 and when I done the check it was 1.6
When I say the kn 7000 crash it was the sound module and the screen
was dark could not control the contrast and the sounds was to clear
I have to put -octave for a good sound like piano,strings ect
So thats why I exchange the kn7000 and the sound module ketron sd1000
for the ketron sd60 that cost me $4600 can.with the exchange
and when I receive it the bottom cover was dammage by the transport
coming from Italy Now I can play with it and waiting for the new
part that I will install my self
Thanks again Harry
Howard
Posted by: pratzert

Re: Unusual sounds - 11/30/20 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By BEBOP
This is Bill Forrest in California. I finally found a KN7000 to buy in Virginia and had it freighted to me and trying now to learn it all over again after all these years. I sold my Technics keyboards when Matsubishi shut down the keyboard division to Walt Tenay. It is hard for me to remember because I am 88 now and it has been a long long time since I had my first KN7. I know there is a lot to learn here and get questions answered. In fact Roger helped me with a problem already this morning. Thanks Roger. so Hi to all you old timers and happy to see all you new people here. Bill

Hi Bill. That's the first time I heard that Technics sold to Walt Tenay. I thought they just closed up shop.

Can anyone add more to that story?

Thanks.

Re: Unusual sounds - 11/30/20 04:46 PM

It's the way you read it....... Bill sold his Technics keyboard to Walt Tenay smile
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Unusual sounds - 11/30/20 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By Bill Norrie
It's the way you read it....... Bill sold his Technics keyboard to Walt Tenay smile

Just a couple more commas needed there.