Vocal harmoniser

Posted by: RMepstead

Vocal harmoniser - 09/21/18 11:19 AM

Of all the things I use on my KN7000 I have never used the vocal harmoniser facility as I don't sing. And then earlier today someone was asking about whether I could achieve this effect through my keyboard. I remembered that I could BUT I can't remember what buttons to push to get there. I've read right through both manuals but I'm none the wiser...
Is it really simple?
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: Vocal harmoniser - 09/21/18 05:55 PM

Press and hold the MIC button (Top Right of panel)
Display screen will cahange to 'MIC REVERB AND EFFECT'
Press 'MULTI EFFECT SET' and scroll all the way down in the middle part of the screen. Second from last option is 'VOCAL EFFECT'. At the top left of the screen is 'VOCAL HARMONIZER'....

Have Fun Rog !!!

Re: Vocal harmoniser - 09/22/18 12:25 AM

Bless you Bill - thanks.
Posted by: kitkat

Re: Vocal harmoniser - 09/23/18 09:30 AM

Wasn't this discussed early when the KN7000 came out that it was pretty bad and useless? I have never tried to use it. Thanks Bill for saying how to bring it up.

Mark

Re: Vocal harmoniser - 09/23/18 02:41 PM

I seem to remember that conversation KK - well I guess I may well find out shortly. Keep you posted.

Re: Vocal harmoniser - 09/23/18 04:02 PM

You're right Mark.. The 'Harmonizer' is one of the less successful facilities in the otherwise superb KN7000.....
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Vocal harmoniser - 09/23/18 05:36 PM

Bill, it has been a while, hope all is well with you. I am no longer playing out, the time has come. I have a S975 and a Korg Pa4x, AND I am tempted to sell both and buy a Kn7000; my old love stills remains.

Take care, John C.

Re: Vocal harmoniser - 09/24/18 04:52 AM

Well Well J.C. I wondered how long it would be before you bought yet another KN7000 LOL!! Will this be your Third or Fourth ??
Perhaps premature - but welcome back to the fold John.....
Like you, I don't do any gigs now except for the odd 'retirement home' session but still play at home most days just to keep the old fingers and grey matter working.

Hope you are keeping well too.

Best Wishes
Bill
Posted by: The Saint

Re: Vocal harmoniser - 09/24/18 05:30 AM

Hey, Bruno, Give me a call.

Mine is for sale at a bargain price......

One Genos + one Pa4x straight swap, (plus a good speaker system) HAHAHA!!

I am continually looking to upgrade, BUT.........I think of all the data/registrations I have created and collected over the years, and then consider how long it would take to emulate all of that on another board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would have to live another lifetime! ( this one was/is great)
If you really want to know what I have found that could please me more in another KB is "weighted keys", I recently played a Genos, the feel was so different,I could have played all night.
Having originally started on piano at age 9, I continually find "MY" timing is wanting on the KN7, and it annoys my attitude to better playing .
I spent my return to keyboards with organ playing, at (50) and this was not such a crucial feature then.
Enough!!!! Be off with you!!! back to practice !!!!!

Ray ( the frustrated one) juggle

Ray dance
Posted by: tassiespirit

Re: Vocal harmoniser - 09/26/18 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By bruno123
Bill, it has been a while, hope all is well with you. I am no longer playing out, the time has come. I have a S975 and a Korg Pa4x, AND I am tempted to sell both and buy a Kn7000; my old love stills remains.

Take care, John C.

You may have to buy two, one to play and one for spares/ backup. They are getting thin on the ground now; but still nice keyboards.

Allan taz

Re: Vocal harmoniser - 09/26/18 01:58 PM

Hi Allan,
KN7000s appear quite regularly on UK eBay... They vary in price between £550 and £1000 ( 998 Aus$ - 1814 Aus$ )
Posted by: tassiespirit

Re: Vocal harmoniser - 09/29/18 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By Bill Norrie
Hi Allan,
KN7000s appear quite regularly on UK eBay... They vary in price between £550 and £1000 ( 998 Aus$ - 1814 Aus$ )

Hi Bill,
Yes it is good to still see them, and the price here is around that top figure as they are not as common. But you can get a KN6500 for $750 AUD

Allan
Posted by: kitkat

Re: Vocal harmoniser - 10/05/18 09:54 AM

I have been meaning to get back to the forum regarding the perfectly AWFUL Harmonizer in the KN7000. I tried it out and the sound...............well, think of David Seville and the Chipmunks with sound quality. The sound is about like sound coming through a Dixie Cup and String.

Mark
Posted by: Mike Aviv

Re: Vocal harmoniser - 01/18/19 07:29 AM

The KN7000 harmonizer is not very useful, in the past I used a Digitech harmonizer with my KN1000 for singing and it worked very well, recently I got a "TC Helicon harmony singer" around $200 its designed to be used with a guitar but it works very well with the KN7000 for vocals, it creates harmonies that follow the chords played with the left hand. It has 8 different types you can choose from plus reverb effects.

Re: Vocal harmoniser - 01/19/19 06:56 AM

Agreed.
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Vocal harmoniser - 01/19/19 10:26 AM

Mike, I also used a Digitech harmonizer with my KN7000 for singing and it worked very well. I never found an answer to my question: How could they put such a poor volicalizer into such a great keyboard?

John C.