New Songs4U

Posted by: Bill Norrie

New Songs4U - 09/07/18 03:15 PM

It seems ages since I last added any new songs to my website - other things have kept making demands on my time. I've also had a long fight with Cancer for the past three years but thanks to the excellent care from our NHS and wonderful support from a Lovely new Lady in my life, I have now been declared free from the Big 'C'.

I've added the 'Songs4U Volume 17' to my website www.willumspages.co.uk on the 'KN7000 Downloads' Page.
It contains a collection of Shadows numbers and some other songs which have been suggested / requested by other KN7000 players and friends - 18 songs in all.

Judging by the number of KN7000s I've seen on eBay, it would seem that quite a few players have 'moved on' from the wonderful Technics keyboard.... Sad indeed! I still have my 2 KN7000s and wouldn't part with them! One stays at home in my music room and the other I use for occasional gigs. Both are still in full working order and in good condition - not bad for keyboards which are 16 years old !!

The songs are available as a single Zipped download in Technics KN7000 format and for those who do not have a compatible keyboard (KN7000 / KN 2400 / KN2600) they are available in WMA format on my WMA Downloads Page - files 237 - 254.

Since PCs with a Floppy Disc Drive are becoming increasingly 'rare', if anyone would prefer a file which can be copied directly to a BLANK SD Card, then I can provide an alternative to using the Floppy Disc transfer.
The file will be sent as a ZIP attachment to an email with appropriate instructions for use. Anyone who would like to have the alternative file, please contact me via the Private Message (PM) facility on this forum.
I no longer use the email address on my webpage since it has been hacked and is being used for loads of Junk.....
Posted by: jd5live

Re: New Songs4U - 09/09/18 07:54 AM

Great as ever Bill, the KN7000 is as great a sound as ever.
Thanks John.
Posted by: RMepstead

Re: New Songs4U - 09/09/18 08:07 AM

Well done Willum.
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: New Songs4U - 09/09/18 09:26 AM

Great to see you're still going strong.
Keep on the good work, enjoy and have fun!
keys
Posted by: hbinfo2001

Re: New Songs4U - 09/09/18 02:02 PM

Hi Bill Thank you for your new styles
Well done like always
Thanks again
Howard
Posted by: The Saint

Re: New Songs4U - 09/09/18 09:35 PM

G'day Bill,
Good to know you are still at it (the keyboard)!!.
Not familiar with some of the new ones, (closeted society down here), But it always urges me to do more with mine.

Many Thanks

Ray dance

Re: New Songs4U - 09/13/18 08:18 AM

Hi Guys, Thanks for your kind comments... Not many of us now keeping the KN7000 alive..... Shame! it's still THE BEST!
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: New Songs4U - 09/13/18 09:52 AM

Originally Posted By Bill Norrie
Hi Guys, Thanks for your kind comments... Not many of us now keeping the KN7000 alive..... Shame! it's still THE BEST!

Yeah, at least it's one of the best, and the OS (Pan.mem & Composer) is great. wink

I had 7K for a week or two, but I did not like that the keys dropped so low that it got a 'wall' at each side.
Keeping my eyes open for a KN6500 w/HD in reasonable good condition, but it's rare and very hard to find.
Too much Technics stuff unused, so maybe one day in the future.. then it will be nostalgia BIG time.

All the best.
Posted by: tassiespirit

Re: New Songs4U - 09/14/18 04:32 AM

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
[quote=Bill Norrie]Hi Guys, Thanks for your kind comments... Not many of us now keeping the KN7000 alive..... Shame! it's still THE BEST!

Yeah, at least it's one of the best, and the OS (Pan.mem & Composer) is great. wink

I had 7K for a week or two, but I did not like that the keys dropped so low that it got a 'wall' at each side.
Keeping my eyes open for a KN6500 w/HD in reasonable good condition, but it's rare and very hard to find.

In OZ there is a KN7000 for sale $1799 and a KN6000 for sale for $750 in and around Brisbane Queensland on Gumtree. Not mine but just wanted to share it with you guys.
They do come up every now and then....... if it helps

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/highland...izer/1194006424

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/chermside/keyboards-pianos/technics-keyboard-sx-kn6000/1192652813

Allan

Re: New Songs4U - 09/14/18 06:10 AM

Hi,with my kn2600 I try to download the Vol 17
direct to t he sdcard but no luck
althought I have the exexploer software
can you help me
thanks
Howard

Re: New Songs4U - 09/14/18 10:36 AM

Hi Howard,
Copy the ZIP file attached to this post to your PC - for example to your Desktop.
Then, unzip the PRIVATE folder to your desktop.
Insert a BLANK SD Card in your SD Card reader or PC Card slot and COPY the PRIVATE folder to the SD Card. Remove the SD Card and insert it into your KN2600.
I know this procedure works because I have just tested it.
You must use a standard SD Card with a capacity of 1GB or less NOT SDHC or SDXC.

Re: New Songs4U - 09/14/18 03:05 PM

Hi Bill
Well everything work fine A chance your there
What I have done:
Create a folder on my desktop (Bill)
Download Song4U 1 to the folder
De Zip the file
Open the SDExplorer soft
Create a new folder in the soft
Go back to my folder Bill and press CTRL+A =copy
And paste to my folder in the sdexplorer soft
And voila
So I done all the song4U from 1 to 17
Bill What give me a chance to do this Is because I start
your song 4U 17 with PRIVATE and paste directly to the SDExplore

The only thing I have to do ,is to tweak some pads from my kn700
backup that I have save a long time again
Thanks a lot
Bye
Howard

Re: New Songs4U - 09/14/18 06:36 PM

Hi Howard, I can see that your method works OK, but not everyone has a copy of SD Explorer....
The method which I described does not need SD Explorer....

Re: New Songs4U - 09/14/18 08:21 PM

Hi Bill,I had foolow your procedure=Private to the SDCard
I took off the sdcard from my laptop and when I put back the
sdcard its the software sdexplorer thats open and I see
Song4U Vol17
But when I download song4U Vol 16 and I unzip in your folder
theres only the sequencers No folder PRIVATE
I know what you told me =Always copy the folder PRIVATE in
the sdcard and it always work
If I copy the sequencers direct to the sdcard it dont work
Thats why I purchase the SDExplorer and its quick
You can have the demo sdexplorer But you have to re start the
software at every 5 songs
https://software.technicskn7000.com/

Thanks again Bill
Bye
Howard
Posted by: Nigel

Re: New Songs4U - 09/15/18 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By Bill Norrie
Since PCs with a Floppy Disc Drive are becoming increasingly 'rare', if anyone would prefer a file which can be copied directly to a BLANK SD Card, then I can provide an alternative to using the Floppy Disc transfer.
The file will be sent as a ZIP attachment to an email with appropriate instructions for use.

Bill can you attach the zip file to this thread using the forum File Manager? Maybe include the instructions in a file that has been added to the zip.

Re: New Songs4U - 09/15/18 06:03 AM

Howard,
You said "But when I download song4U Vol 16 and I unzip in your folder theres only the sequencers No folder PRIVATE"

That's because the files for volumes 1 to 16 are only suitable for downloading to FLOPPY DISC, which until recently, was the method used for transfer to KN7000. Volume 17 is also in Floppy Disc format on my website to maintain compatibility with the earlier volumes.
I will think about converting Volumes 1 to 16 to the 'PRIVATE' format but it will involve quite a lot of work and at present, I just don't have the time to do so...

Nigel,
The ZIP file is already attached to this thread together with instructions - see my post dated Friday Sept. 14th. However, If you would like me to make an additional post, it's not a problem smile

Re: New Songs4U - 09/15/18 07:21 AM

Hi Bill,your right ,because when I had the kn7000 I had to copy
them to the floppy disk and after in the SDcard
I can tell you I have a good time with your styles and sequencers
because the intros and ending and the panel memories
When you play a intro ,the peoples knows the title right away
You have done a great job with all the music you gave us
I had follow you since 2003 when I had the kn7000
with my kn2600 and audya5 Its a happy couple
I enjoy every moments
Thanks again