file conversion

Posted by: kozykeys

file conversion - 04/13/18 06:47 AM

hi every one I have just taken a korg pa 1000 on trial and am trying to convert my kn 7000 gig disks to korg i have a full version trial of style works XT universal but there is no instuctions on how to use it /
can any one help me
thanks in advance
jan
Posted by: RMepstead

Re: file conversion - 04/13/18 07:29 AM

I don't think the trial version gives you a complete conversion - unless someone corrects me...
Trouble is the full version is a pretty penny or two to buy.
Sounds horrific but if I were moving from Technics KN7000 (which I will never do) to the Korgs I would start from scratch again...why, well because I've heard it said that you do not get a replica set of sounds/rhythms during the conversion process.
Finally, have a look at http://createsongstyles.com/index.php?board=5.0 because someone at some time in the past may have carried out this conversion on some if not all the built in rhythms in the KN7000.

Re: file conversion - 04/13/18 07:43 AM

hi roger how are you still gigging? this free trial is only for 2 days and it is a full version but no instuctions so rather useless. thanks for the 2600 unfortunatley ididnt survive the journey i was crushed . any way thanks for you help i will try the site
many thanks
jan

Re: file conversion - 04/13/18 07:59 AM

hi again roger forgot to say the only reason i went for the korg was its lightweight getting a bit long in the tooth to carry the 7000 and yes i think your right the korg will be a big learning curve which i am not sure i want ,maybe we should hire ourselves a roady LOL
take care
jan

Re: file conversion - 04/13/18 08:13 AM

Mine seems to be getting heavier each time I take it out on a gig but I put it down to adding new rhythms onto the SD Card...chuckle.
Yes I'm with:
www.theabbaholics.co.uk
www.sultansofswingers.com
www.beatelles.com
www.karencarpentertribute.com
www.olyalambourne.com ( James Bond themes)
currently.

Re: file conversion - 04/13/18 08:15 AM

I use the version of EMC Styleworks which converts other manufacturers rhythms to Technics fairly regularly so I assume that you can get the opening screen up on your desktop...?

Re: file conversion - 04/13/18 08:57 AM

Here you go - Technics to Korg
http://createsongstyles.com/index.php?topic=41166.msg82909#msg82909
Rog
Posted by: The Saint

Re: file conversion - 04/13/18 05:18 PM

Hi Rog, I solved the SD card problem. I carry it separately
Makes a big difference !!!!!!!!

Ray dance

Re: file conversion - 04/14/18 04:49 AM

Yea but which pocket Ray...? Doesn't it make you a bit lopsided?
Rog
Posted by: The Saint

Re: file conversion - 04/14/18 06:58 PM

Hi Rog, no, I am very well balanced with a "chip" on both shoulders !!!!!!

Ray