SD Jukebox for KN7000

Posted by: RMepstead

SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 07/23/13 08:01 AM

Wow - my Windows XP version desktop computer with Avasti Anti virus no longer allows me to use SD Jukebox to convert MP3s into audio files for use in my KN7000. sdguiresus.dll is the file in SD jukebox that's causing all the trouble apparently!!!
I'll have to try my laptop and see what happens - I'll keep you all in the picture as things progress..
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 07/23/13 09:05 AM

Hi Rog,
Ditch Avast and download the free version of AVG - never had any problem with it......
Posted by: jd5live

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 07/23/13 09:37 AM

Hi Rog, Agree dump Avast as it's been not much good since ver 4.also try getting hold of SD Jukebox ver 5 This has non of the limits to the number of transfers back and for to the SD card also you can edit some of the sound effects such as reverb and surround sound simulation. I have found it works very well with the KN7 even as it was set to work with Panasonic's SD type of IPod,and it is much easier to use than the one supplied for the KN7000 I believe ver 2.4
One bonus is that it works with any type of SD card reader.

Best regards John.

PS. this version also will export WAV. files to the KN without prior need to convert to MP3

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 07/23/13 03:12 PM

Thanks fellas - John any idea where you got your SD Jukebox version 5 from?
Posted by: jd5live

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 07/24/13 05:25 PM

Roger PM sent. regards John

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 07/25/13 12:53 AM

Thanks John - not seen anything yet. My addy is rmepstead@btinternet.com
Posted by: etwo4788

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 07/27/13 11:48 AM

John or Roger.....

How about sharing that source for the version 5 of SD Jukebox with the rest of us right here on the forum?????

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 07/30/13 07:23 AM

Hi Elizabeth - source didn't work so John kindly sent me a copy.
Rog
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 07/30/13 04:33 PM

Hello Roger,

This could have something to do with the big changes that Microsoft are making at the moment, one of which is the support for XP has, or is about to be discontinued. The idea of course, is to make you update which according to the "Windows Secret" website is completely unnecessary right now. Their advice is, if you're happy using it, stick with it.

My computer magazine has also mentioned that it is Microsoft's intention to update their systems more frequently, possibly every 12-18 months and start charging for supporting software. They are also now accepting adverts which I really hate, any idea how to stop these? Despite having un-ticked the relevant box, my Home Page is still full of them.

By the way, my grandson Marcus Barnes is on the 'Linkedin' site, and I noticed your name mentioned - or am I mistaken.

Regards to all - Audrey

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 07/31/13 01:29 AM

Thanks for those thoughts Audrey - you may well be right.
Yes I'm on Linkedin but I've no idea what happens if anything on there...!!!
Posted by: abacus

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 07/31/13 05:49 AM

Support for XP ends next year, and what this means is that there will be no more updates available, INCLUDING security updates.
What this means is that should vulnerabilities be found in the OS (By Hackers for example) they will not be plugged by Microsoft, however providing you have good security software installed then this should not be too much of a problem in the near future. (Unless you regularly frequent dodgy sites)

With Windows 8 Microsoft is moving into providing the same time of update method as Apple provide for their computers. (A BETA version of the first update is already available from Microsoft (Free) with the completed version of it being scheduled for the end of August)

XP is over a decade old so it’s hardly surprising that Microsoft is dropping support for it, (Most other manufactures would have killed off support for it years ago) therefore moving on to a new OS is now a good time. (I would suggest Windows 7 Pro as Windows 8 is still pretty new and quite different OOTB then other Windows OS, plus Win 7 Pro has Virtual XP available for it which means in the unlikely event of something not working after upgrade, you can load in this software that will enable 99% of XP software to work OK on Win 7, however in most cases it will not be needed)

As to the adverts displaying then that has always been a problem, however do a search for Ad-Block software and it will solve most of the problem for you. (I suggest www.download.com as a good source)

Hope this helps

Bill

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 07/31/13 09:27 AM

Thanks for all that Bill - looks like what with Avast software too I'm heading down a slippery slope...
I guess I could update from Windows XP...

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 07/31/13 10:21 AM

Hi Rog,
You certainly could upgrade to a later version but if you go with Windows 7, you would need the Professional, Ultimate or Enterprise editions, to install and use the XP Mode mentioned by Bill above.
The Song Manager supplied with the KN7000, program will not run on 'Bare' Windows 7 or Windows 8 (Euch! I hate Win8) neither will SD Jukebox.
Also, your current XP PC or laptop may not be suitable for installing and running these later OS versions. Nowadays, you will be lucky to find a PC or Laptop with Windows 7 installed - most have the dreaded Windows 8 installed frown

Why not just keep one of your XP PCs as a dedicated PC for your KN7000, but install the FREE AVG as your virus protection, if that is the only thing causing a problem.

I have Windows 7 on my main laptop, and I really like that OS, but I bought a small ACER 10 inch Netbook with XP installed and it is permanently connected via USB to my KN7000 and has wireless Internet access. It sits nicely on the music stand - since I have no other use for the stand laugh

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 07/31/13 10:43 AM

Good thinking Bill - I'll do that and see where I go from there...many thanks
Posted by: Bob Hendershot

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 07/31/13 12:07 PM

I certainly agree with Bill Norrie. Windows 8 changes literally everything! It is the future though, and is oriented toward touch screen tablets. I will wait as long as I can before using Windows 8. I'm not all that sure I want my stuff stored in the "clouds". I use Windows 7 Professional, and use the XP mode for a lot of stuff. I also keep a laptop with XP for all the software that needs to interface with the KN7000. It has wireless internet capability but I don't use it. I'm not concerned with loss of support for a computer that doesn't access the Internet.
Posted by: Nigel

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 07/31/13 11:07 PM

I had to buy a new PC recently and had no choice but to buy a Windows 8 PC. After some setup I have it looking and working much like my old XP PC. It wasn't that big of a deal to do that.
Posted by: Bob Hendershot

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 08/01/13 08:00 AM

You're a lot more computer savvy than most of us, Nigel. Maybe I'll buy a cheap laptop and experiment. For my first Windows 8 experience, I helped a friend (computer novice) move from XP to Windows 8 and couldn't get several programs to work properly. Also had to switch her email from Outlook Express to web mail. I decided I didn't want to do all of that for myself. There is no doubt that there was some confusion involved, and maybe I didn't give it enough time . . .
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 08/01/13 03:56 PM

Hi Roger,

According to my grandson who works for Barclays Bank, Linkedin a place where you can "sell yourself/abilities" as he put it. I have to admit, I rarely look at it as I've better things to do than spend hours on the internet/emails. I'd much rather be experimenting and playing my keyboards as I am sure you'll agree.

"Happy playing"

Audrey

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 08/02/13 02:57 AM

I agree with you Audrey - I've just joined a band for the first time in my life (67) and enjoying the new challenge of playing the keyboard as if it were an organ - see www.flyingmonkband.com

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 08/04/13 07:04 AM

Problem solved - now using my laptop instead...Tain't right though is it !!!

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 08/04/13 03:38 PM

It's called 'PROGRESS' Rog smile

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 08/05/13 11:48 AM

Like it Bill...

Re: SD Jukebox for KN7000 - 08/06/13 04:27 AM

So you've lost the white plaster on your leg and taken holy orders then Rog ???? laugh laugh