Favourites

Posted by: D.Munson

Favourites - 07/03/12 09:14 AM

When I loaded mmmy sd card and click on favourits,there was nothing shown, although I had several registrations I had previously loaded in favourites.Any suggestions why these registrations had disapeared?
Derek
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: Favourites - 07/03/12 04:30 PM

Hello Derek,

Two things I can think of:-

1) If someone else has played your keyboard using their own SD Card, they may not save in quite the same way as you do, thus your own sets could have been over-written.

2) If you failed to name your sets before saving, then the display will be 'blank' but your sets should still be there. Press the 'Favorites' button to turn it on and explore the various options, you'll probably find there is a simple solution.

I always work with the EXPAND MODE switched to 'ON' because if you don't, the keyboard only see/save what is highlighted at the time of saving. I made that mistake when I had my first Technics keyboard and have used the Expand Mode ever since. Of course it does take up more memory, but that is nothing compared to losing sets that you've spent a great deal of time on.

Hope this helps - Audrey
Posted by: RMepstead

Re: Favourites - 07/04/12 01:42 AM

Hi Derek
For some strange reason Technics placed two completely seperate systems on the KN7000 both called 'favorites'.
The one you do NOT want is the one obtained by pressing the button on the bottom righthand side of your keyboard in a circle of three along with 'customze' and 'custom panel' buttons.
The one you do want appears when you press the yellow SD Load button and it comes up on the left hand side of the screen and is called 'favorite songs' - press that ands you'll find what you're looking for.
Rog
Posted by: D.Munson

Re: Favourites - 07/05/12 08:50 AM

Thanks Audrey for your comments.No one other than myself has used my keyboard, I have since loaded another set of registrations in favourites and they are still there.

Derek
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: Favourites - 07/05/12 04:03 PM

That's good news Derek.

Although we occasionally experience these little 'glitches' with the KN7, it is nothing compared to the numerous 'glitches' that the Yamaha OTS system causes believe me! This is why I keep my trusty KN7. I can go weeks without taking it to a 'gig' but when I do, I set it up, switch on, insert the SD Card with the day's programme on it and by the time, I've opened the music book, the keyboard is ready to play for several hours without complaint. I really wish some enterprising manufacturer would produce another keyboard based on the Technics system - it is so simple to use and very reliable, unlike some other makes I've played recently. I am sure it would be a sell-out.

Have fun!

Audrey