My first concert with my Bose

Posted by: Jean Olivia

My first concert with my Bose - 12/01/11 06:08 PM

My first concert with my Bose L1Compact is coming up on the 6th dec. I would like your thoughts on a few things.

1 As the audience is seated around the sides of the hall and no one dances - all oldies - no one is at standing height, so I only intend to use one of the extension poles. I have noticed most singing guitarists dont use the full extension in a restaurant where everyone is sitting down.

2 Where is the best position for the keyboard in relation to the Bose. Distance etc?

3 Do you all put a jack in the headphone socket of the keyboard, so that you only hear what the audience hears? Seems like a good idea to me as you can then control the volume from the keyboard.

4 I am not using any mixer, but I have the equaliser on the keyboard - refer reverb and effect page, on MAKE UP with the treble and base just a little higher. And ON
Any thoughts on all of this appreciated. Cheers. Jean Olivia.
Posted by: RMepstead

Re: My first concert with my Bose - 12/02/11 01:24 AM

All sounds good to me Jean - you've tried it out at home already I trust...
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: My first concert with my Bose - 12/02/11 03:01 AM

Whether you use one extension or two is not critical in the situation you describe, as long as it reaches ear level in back.

I use a plug when using my KN7000 and position the Bose off to the side and slightly in back of me. This is the most common placement.

You should be fine. Good luck.

Bernie