Working on a song, what is most important to you?

Posted by: Nigel

Working on a song, what is most important to you? - 01/26/11 12:08 AM

I put this poll togther based on the responses to John's thread. There are 10 choices but I limited the number you can vote on to 5 so we can get a good idea of what is most important to people. Please put in your votes.

Re: Working on a song, what is most important to you? - 01/26/11 12:16 AM

I have kicked it off with my votes but I am interested to see how the rest of you vote on it. And like any other thread you can reply to give your comments on it as well as voting in the poll.
Posted by: Bob Hendershot

Re: Working on a song, what is most important to you? - 01/26/11 05:29 PM

Thank you, Nigel. I believe I took the wording of John’s other post too literally.

Although I don’t consider chords to be the most important to me, without a doubt I spend much more time on chords than any other aspect of a song when I am creating a lead sheet for a song new to me. It is not uncommon for me to change chords with almost every note of the melody. I am sure that if I were a vocalist, I would spend more time on lyrics, and in that case, chords would take a back seat.

Re: Working on a song, what is most important to you? - 01/27/11 02:12 AM

I just tried to distill the comments that were made on John's thread into a real poll. I just thought it may be fun seeing as we have the ability to do that now.
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Working on a song, what is most important to you? - 01/28/11 07:48 PM

Nigel, One more time, Ya done good real GOOD.

You turned the idea into something very nice.

John C.