sleepy shores

Posted by: rotty

sleepy shores - 11/20/10 01:30 AM

Hi,
I read a posting a few weeks ago where a member asked for the music to :-sleepy shores.
Another member said he/she had a midi file of it.
I have tried to find that posting again so I could ask if I could please have a copy of the midi file but can't see it.
could some one please point me to that posting or the original poster could I please have a copy?
thanks in advance JOe
Posted by: Bob Hendershot

Re: sleepy shores - 11/20/10 06:16 AM

Try this link. http://www.4shared.com/document/5MblvAlK/Sleepy_Shores_-_Johnny_Pearson.htm

There are several MP3's at this link. http://search.4shared.com/q/1/Sleepy%20Shores.mp3

[This message has been edited by Bob Hendershot (edited 11-20-2010).]

Re: sleepy shores - 11/20/10 07:16 AM

Hi Bob,
Thank you so much for the info.
I do need it on midi file.
Is it possible to convert from mp3 to midi file?
If so how do I do it?

Thanks Joe
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: sleepy shores - 11/20/10 04:05 PM

Hello Rotty,

Try Bill Norrie's website. I'll be very surprised if he hasn't got this topic covered there. The address is:-
www.willumspages.co.uk

Good luck!

Audrey
Posted by: Bob Hendershot

Re: sleepy shores - 11/20/10 04:23 PM

Joe, it's been over 25 years since I last worked with midi so I can't be much help. There is a MP3 to MIDI converter at http://search.4shared.com/q/1/mp3%20to%20midi but I have no idea if it works. At one time I had found a midi version of the song but have not been able to find it today. I only work with sheet music and do not play with MP3's or MIDI.

Maybe someone else . . .
Posted by: RMepstead

Re: sleepy shores - 11/21/10 01:56 AM

You can buy it here for a few quid... http://www.karaokeisland.com/Midi/Johnny-Pearson/Sleepy-shores/IT11578.html
Rog

Re: sleepy shores - 11/21/10 02:33 AM

I searched everywhere for this and could not find.
I have now purchased from Karaoke island.
Thank you all so much for your help

regards joe
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: sleepy shores - 11/21/10 04:37 AM

I'm afraid you won't find anything on my website about converting MP3 files - or indeed any other Audio file - to MIDI format. In most cases, it's a total waste of time even trying It's true that you can convert a very simple monophonic melody line to a MIDI file, but that's about it!
To try to create a MIDI file from an Audio file which has several different instruments playing, is a bit like trying to extract the original ingredients from a cake, after it has been baked

Conversion of a MIDI file to Audio format is easy but the other way around - forget it!!
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: sleepy shores - 11/21/10 04:05 PM

Love your 'description' Bill.

You'd have a hard time trying to figure out what's in my cakes. I am prone to them turning out with a hole in the middle which, needless to say, is a great joke in our family.

Hope you're keeping well.

Audrey
Posted by: Nigel

Re: sleepy shores - 11/22/10 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:

You'd have a hard time trying to figure out what's in my cakes. I am prone to them turning out with a hole in the middle which, needless to say, is a great joke in our family.
Audrey

You just gotta convince people you really meant to make a giant doughnut lol
Posted by: peter b

Re: sleepy shores - 12/24/10 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:

Hope you're keeping well.

Audrey.
It's the balance of you recipe that is wrong.
You're probably one of those people who just guesses the amounts each time.
The usual cause is to much sugar or baking powder.

Regards
Peter B

Audrey
Posted by: Giovanni

Re: sleepy shores - 12/26/10 12:51 AM

hi Rotty , I have a PDF of the sheet music if you want a copy I'll be pleased to e mail it to you just let me know .

regards ..Giovanni