SD Card for KN-7000

Posted by: Mike2

SD Card for KN-7000 - 07/27/10 03:51 AM

Anyone know which program is out there so that I can download MP3 files, and midi onto the SD so that I can use it in the keyboard. I use to use Realplayer Jukebox, but that doesn't seem to be around anymore.
Tks...Mike
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: SD Card for KN-7000 - 07/27/10 05:25 AM

Hi Mike,

The program you need, to transfer MP3 files to an SD Card is called 'SD Jukebox' and it was included in the 'Audio PC Writing Kit SD-CB7', together with a suitable SD Card Reader/Writer module. As far as I am aware, the kit is no longer available from Panasonic, however, the kit does occasionally appear on eBay. Another possible source is Walt Tenay in USA : http://www.wtenaykeyboardstudios.com/main.html

Midi files can be saved to an SD Card but NOT just by copying from a folder on your PC to a card. You don't need any special software to do this and if you care to email me, I'll send you the procedure. My email address is in my profile.

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 07-27-2010).]

Re: SD Card for KN-7000 - 07/27/10 07:06 AM

I tried those pages nothing. I have the pnansonic disk that came with the KN7000. Not worried about midi files. Just downloading MP3 backing tracks onto the SD card. Any program I can purchase?
Tks.. again.

Re: SD Card for KN-7000 - 07/27/10 08:39 AM

As I said in my earlier post, the only program which will allow you to transfer MP3 files to an SD Card, for playback on a KN7000, is the Panasonic SD Jukebox and you will also need the SD Reader/Writer module which comes with the SZ-CB7 kit. Alternative Card Reader/Writer modules do not seem to work with the Panasonic SD Jukebox software.

You can leave a request on Walt's website and if he obtains a kit in future, he will email you.
Posted by: RMepstead

Re: SD Card for KN-7000 - 07/27/10 09:31 AM

Mike - are you in the UK ?
Posted by: Walt Tenay

Re: SD Card for KN-7000 - 07/27/10 01:32 PM

Hi,

I have two PC writing kits with reader left.

Contact me at; keyboards@bellsouth.net for more info.

Walt

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike2:
I tried those pages nothing. I have the pnansonic disk that came with the KN7000. Not worried about midi files. Just downloading MP3 backing tracks onto the SD card. Any program I can purchase?
Tks.. again.

Re: SD Card for KN-7000 - 07/27/10 01:33 PM

No I am in the USA.

Re: SD Card for KN-7000 - 07/27/10 03:32 PM

You have your answer Mike