Bose speakers

Posted by: D.Munson

Bose speakers - 06/23/10 07:45 AM

I went to a concert given by Brian Hazelby, his setup was Tyros 3 and his speaker system was a Bose set up consisting of a tall treble unit (about 8ft high)and a combined bass unit. Very impressive sound system

Derek
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Bose speakers - 06/23/10 01:03 PM

Derek,
How many people would you say were present at the concert?

John C.
Posted by: D.Munson

Re: Bose speakers - 06/24/10 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:
Derek,
How many people would you say were present at the concert?

John C.

Hi John,
About 40+ which is about the club's (Barnstaple Keyboard Club)average attendance.
Brian gave a stunning performance which was enjoyed by everyone present. Derek

Re: Bose speakers - 06/24/10 04:28 AM

Derek,
I too was impressed when I played my Tyros3 into the Bose system. Did you get to hear a Kn7000 played through the same system, when I did I knew I had found a near perfect match – awesome. People/musicians who have heard my Tyros3 and loved it were amazed when I played the Kn7000 through the system. The only word that seems to fit here is Reality.

John C.
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: Bose speakers - 06/24/10 07:32 AM

What is the price of the Bose system John?

I heard it is very expensive.

Audrey

Re: Bose speakers - 06/24/10 08:30 AM

Audrey,
Bernie on our forum bought the larger Bose sysytem and I am guessing it was somewhere near $2300. But he now owns the smaller Bose Compact at a cost of $999, that is what I also paid.

From what I understand he is using the Bose Compact most of the time now. I am guessing here -- the sub and amp (one piece) is about 28 pounds and the speakers about 19 pounds.
I feel the compact could handle a room of 150. I have heard of people using two compacts for a room of 300 to 400 people. All hear-say.

John C.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Bose speakers - 06/24/10 03:11 PM

That's close enough. I have both and would use nothing else.
http://worldwide.bose.com/axa/en_au/web/l1_compact/page.html
Posted by: roger brandon bradbury

Re: Bose speakers - 06/27/10 12:47 PM

Hi ! I use the Bose L1 Compact with my keyboard and paid £810.00. I notice that in the U/K Bose sell at a high price. Set up 2feet away from keyboard and 2 feet back. Sound is wonderful. Roger