Sheet Music Question

Posted by: Glen Coyne

Sheet Music Question - 02/01/09 08:20 AM

Does anybody know of a website I can download sheet music suitable for keyboard playing i.e. not full orchestrated but chords and melody style. The trouble with buying music books is a bit like CD's, very often you only like some of the content and disregard the rest which you unfortunately have to pay for.

Thanks

Glen
Posted by: D.Munson

Re: Sheet Music Question - 02/01/09 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Glen Coyne:
Does anybody know of a website I can download sheet music suitable for keyboard playing i.e. not full orchestrated but chords and melody style. The trouble with buying music books is a bit like CD's, very often you only like some of the content and disregard the rest which you unfortunately have to pay for.
Hi Glen, Look no further than Synthzone, just put your request for the music you would like and sure enough someone will oblige! Derek
Thanks

Glen
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Sheet Music Question - 02/01/09 10:04 AM

For starters:
http://search.sheetmusicplus.com/enter.h...ist=S&SR=c02a9a
http://www.musicnotes.com/
http://www.sheetmusicdigital.com/

Just 'Google' "Digital sheet music" or "Sheet music"

t.

Re: Sheet Music Question - 02/01/09 02:20 PM

Derek / Tony

Thanks for the help.

Its a good idea requesting music from this very helpful forum, but as I'm fairly new to keyboard playing I would like to build up a small collection.

Tony, Thanks for the links to the sheet music sites, I'll check them out.

Glen
Posted by: Frank Bez

Re: Sheet Music Question - 02/01/09 04:00 PM

Hi Glenn,
Here is a free site with very clean notation and a nice selection of music.
Frank
http://www.wikifonia.org/sheet

Re: Sheet Music Question - 02/01/09 09:21 PM

Frank ... that's a great site .. and you can transpose the song to whatever key you want ... GREAT ...
thanks much ...
t.

Re: Sheet Music Question - 02/02/09 12:29 AM

I totally agree with Tony - Thanks Frank excellent site.

Glen
Posted by: Giovanni

Re: Sheet Music Question - 02/02/09 02:20 AM

Hi Frank , i hope you are keeping well and still making wonderful CD's .
thanks for sharing this site !!!

regards ...Giovanni
Posted by: jd5live

Re: Sheet Music Question - 02/02/09 04:35 AM

Hi Frank, Wow what a site thanks for sharing it with us, shows how great SynthZone is.
Thanks again John.
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: Sheet Music Question - 02/02/09 10:43 AM

About a year ago somebody put up an address where you could download fake books. I downloaded 5 of them that have most of the songs I know in them and once in your computer you can print out any song you want. they are big files about 25 plus MGs. Too big for emails but does anybody still have the address for the URL to download these.
If nobody puts up an address for you send me an email and I will try to hunt up the URL address so you can download the fake books. I am starting income taxes today so don't get impatient if you email me . I also have a large musicians email list that takes a couple hours or more a day to deal with.
Best regards,
Bebop
Posted by: casarosa

Re: Sheet Music Question - 02/02/09 12:48 PM

Is this the site that you are looking for
Regards
http://www.4shared.com/network/search.jsp?searchmode=2&searchName=Ultimate+Fake+Book

Re: Sheet Music Question - 02/02/09 04:49 PM

No, that is not the one but looks to be a good one.
Thank you,
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 02-02-2009).]

Re: Sheet Music Question - 02/02/09 05:10 PM

Are those fake books free???
t.

Re: Sheet Music Question - 02/02/09 07:34 PM

the six I downloaded were but I can't seem to locate the url for them, yet
I just learned that they are no longer on that website due to some copyright problems.
Bebop

Posted by: John Barr

Re: Sheet Music Question - 02/03/09 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
the six I downloaded were but I can't seem to locate the url for them, yet
I just learned that they are no longer on that website due to some copyright problems.
Bebop

Hi Bill, the site is no longer available, I downloaded so many of these books, they came in 1st. 2nd. and 3rd. editions, so very handy books to have, I think that the only way to Email them is to use 4Shared, although at one time Scott Yee sent me a few by Email, don't ask me how he managed to do it. Johnny

Re: Sheet Music Question - 02/03/09 08:25 AM

How about in a 'zipped' format?
t.

Re: Sheet Music Question - 02/03/09 10:40 AM

they are in PDF format, and way to big for most people to even receive them in their email box. Most are limited to 10 MB.
I see some other places where you can buy them pretty cheap if it isn't a fraud deal.
In your Google search bar just type in "Free Music Fake Books" with the marks for and aft and you will see all those that are available to buy as well as the one that had them removed from where I got them.
Bebop