New Songs

Posted by: Bill Norrie

New Songs - 05/31/08 06:41 AM

Hi Folks! I've just posted Songs4U Volume 12 on my website. They are all Beatles songs and are in KN7000/2400/2600 format, on the 'KN7000 downloads' page and also in WMA format on the 'WMA File Downloads' page (137 - 156).

Hope you enjoy them
www.willumspages.co.uk

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
Posted by: RMepstead

Re: New Songs - 05/31/08 11:15 AM

Hi Bill - I just know these are going to be great - can't wait to play them...
Best wishes
Rog
Posted by: Fran D

Re: New Songs - 06/01/08 03:59 AM

Bill,

Thanks for WMA format for we foreigner's.

Fran in SC

Re: New Songs - 06/01/08 06:07 AM

Bill - they are works of art - sheer genius...
Best wishes
Rog
Posted by: Mike Aviv

Re: New Songs - 06/01/08 08:33 AM

Bill,

You have a unique talent and quality, the arrangements,taste and execution are great, this work is superb. My humble opinion, you should produce this as a commercial CD so the rest of the world can enjoy this interpretation of The Beatles.
Thanks for sharing
Mike
Posted by: Bob Hendershot

Re: New Songs - 06/01/08 10:01 AM

Thank you, Bill. Great work! I think I liked "And I Love Her" best. Time for me to make another CD of your work to add to the others that I keep in the car for my trips.
Posted by: larry gosmeyer

Re: New Songs - 06/01/08 12:39 PM

Bill,

Utterly fantastic songs and site.

Thanks

Larry Gosmeyer
Posted by: D.Munson

Re: New Songs - 06/02/08 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Hi Folks! I've just posted Songs4U Volume 12 on my website. They are all Beatles songs and are in KN7000/2400/2600 format, on the 'KN7000 downloads' page and also in WMA format on the 'WMA File Downloads' page (137 - 156).

Hope you enjoy them
www.willumspages.co.uk
Bill, Great stuff, very authentic setups, I have edited some of them, so that I can play them live. Thank you so much, you're a clever old stick aren't you. Derek

Posted by: casarosa

Re: New Songs - 06/04/08 01:09 AM

Superb Beatles arrangements must have taken many hours and patience to program these styles.
Just wondered if you are allowed to edit some of these styles if so is there a tutorial on how to edit.
Many Thanks

Re: New Songs - 06/04/08 03:02 AM

Wow fellas - why would you want to edit these styles they are incredible. You might want to change the right hand sounds and volume levels but not the styles shirley.
Rog

Re: New Songs - 06/04/08 03:46 AM

No way would I wish to edit these syles Bill as done a great maybe Bill will tell us how many hours he spent doing them Phew!! it was just the previous post mentioned editing some of them so he could play them live so just wondered what he meant
Cheers
Posted by: D.Munson

Re: New Songs - 06/04/08 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by casarosa:
No way would I wish to edit these syles Bill as done a great maybe Bill will tell us how many hours he spent doing them Phew!! it was just the previous post mentioned editing some of them so he could play them live so just wondered what he meant
Cheers

Casarosa, I didn't edit the styles, what I did was just take the sequencer off, so that you can play them live. Derek

Re: New Songs - 06/04/08 11:07 AM

Many thanks Derek for the explanation
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: New Songs - 06/04/08 04:16 PM

Thanks to all who posted, for your kind comments - they are very much appreciated and make the effort worthwhile

Most of the styles took a few days to build - some quite a bit longer ...........

What I normally do is, extract a track from a CD/LP/MP3 and put it on my KN dedicated PC, so that I have easier access to it. I then play it over and over, listening to the arrangement and trying to determine what instruments are playing in the singer's accompaniment and what they are playing and make lots of written notes. Most of these songs - like many western songs - are based on either 8,12 or 16 bar phrases, so the style variations which I build, are generally 8,12 or 16 bars in length. Intros and Endings, can vary considerably in length..........

Some of the parts within the phrases (variations) have Figures or 'Licks' incorporated within them and unless they are treated in a certain way, would be played incorrectly, as the Left hand chords were changed. This applies particularly, to the Bass part, in most of the songs. Luckily, the excellent Composer editor within the KN7000, allows the user to configure a part, or parts, within a style, to play exactly as 'written' when entering the notes in the part, irrespective of any chord changes in the Left hand, during playback. This option can be found in the Composer Editor and the option is called 'Special - Through'. The option can be applied to just a single note or the entire part.

Instead of trying to do everything in the Composer, I could have used multiple tracks in the sequences - for example - I could have left the Bass line blank in the Style and recorded a complete Bass track on say Part 4, using the Real Time Record method. However, this would mean that if anyone wished to use the Style, they would have to use the Sequence, rather than just the Style itself. Having said that, it should be realized that by their very nature, these styles are all very 'Song Specific'.

It is often difficult to decide which instruments or sounds to use, to replace the normal Vocal parts in the original recording. I can sometimes spend days on this part of the sequence, trying different combinations, maybe leaving the sequence for a day or two and coming back to it and trying something else. However, with the KN7000's extensive sound canvas, plus the ability to create/edit 'new' sounds, the choice is virtually endless.

Thanks again for your interest

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

Re: New Songs - 06/05/08 04:09 AM

Thanks Bill
Most interesting explanation and like I said before PHEW!!!!!
Posted by: Fran D

Re: New Songs - 06/05/08 04:31 AM

Bill is the Master of the 7000. Wish I had a smidgen of his keyboard knowledge.

Great job my friend,

Fran in SC
Posted by: fredyfr

Re: New Songs - 06/05/08 04:50 AM

Hello Bill,
You must have worked a lot on this material but the result makes up for it, SUPERIOR, the kind of music I love. Thanks for sharing.
Fredy (from Spain)

------------------
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: New Songs - 06/05/08 07:25 AM

Bill is the "Arranger/Conductor" and the KN-7000 is his orchestra ... it is as simple - and as complex - as that ...
Thank you Bill,
t.

Re: New Songs - 06/05/08 09:27 AM

Listen to all 20 of Bill's Beatles recordings on www.Swindon1055.com next monday between 2.00pm and 3.00pm UK time.
Roger M