please help pretty please

Posted by: rotty

please help pretty please - 07/11/05 03:04 AM

Hi ,
There are so many clever , helpfull, kind members read this surely some one can help me.if memebers of this forum don't know the answer who does?
I load a midi file and then like to convert it to my own spec i.e change the key change speed set pedals to carry out various funtions and then I save to another disc when I reload it every thing has gone back to the original settings. I have tried and tried again putting filters on and off and looking every where to see what's doing this but it;s beaten me. Can anybody advise please Thanks Joe
on a pr 604

[This message has been edited by rotty (edited 07-11-2005).]
Posted by: technicsplayer

Re: please help pretty please - 07/11/05 04:03 AM

the exact procedure depends on the era of operating system, the 604 should be the same as the 7k, and the exact functions you want to alter, earlier boards need a different procedure:

Load the midi, play a few measures, change voices, transpose etc, go to the sequencer page and press panel write and ok it, now save as a technics file, page 2, all off, seq only.
If you also want foot controllers or other technics features save the panel memory with your preferences set too.
Posted by: rotty

Re: please help pretty please - 07/12/05 02:36 AM

Thanks you very much.At first it did not work so after making the alterations I set them to the panel memory and then carried on with your instructions and it worked a treat.
Thank you very very much for your help.

kind regards
Joe
Posted by: technicsplayer

Re: please help pretty please - 07/12/05 02:38 AM

very welcome