TechnicsTechnology

Posted by: dpeisic

TechnicsTechnology - 01/02/07 02:03 PM

Hi All,

Does any one is aware of the Technics technology to be incorporated in a future brand.

Happy 2007!

Regards,
Doron
Posted by: cees

Re: TechnicsTechnology - 01/02/07 02:31 PM

Good question, Doron. I guess it certainly will/is, but that will belong to 'industrial secrets' ?
To my humble opinion if it is (or if not) it doesn't matter. Each brand has to develop it's own product, with or without products of other manufacturers (a Renault, Mercedes or whatever is nowadays constructed too of a collection of various manufacturers. I wouldn't be surprised if a Mercedes has something in it of a Skoda. The astray, maybe )
When Technics decided to stop producing musical instruments I had reliable inside information of the reason why.
In short: the company couldn't develop/improved the KN-range anymore as they did in former years. With the last version: the KN7000 the final product was 'at the end of technical possibilitie's. It was finished. Even a KN8000 was not a option. So the only choice was to develop a complete new concept with all new technology etc. As musicinstruments was a very minor product (less than about 1 percent) it would be to expensive to make profit of that new one, I guess.
Just my thoughts,
greetings,
Cees
Posted by: dpeisic

Re: TechnicsTechnology - 01/03/07 10:39 AM

Thanks Cees for your insight.

I hope that the sound system and the user interface be incorporated in the fuftur. I do know that whoever will be interested in the idea will have to be licensed by Technics/Panasonic
Posted by: RMepstead

Re: TechnicsTechnology - 01/05/07 04:53 AM

Psst....Keep your eye on Korg....