"New" Improved Extended Music Rack

Posted by: kn7

"New" Improved Extended Music Rack - 10/25/05 09:55 AM

Hi,

Has anyone bought the so called "New" Improved Extended Music Rack? I received a brochure quite sometime ago. It looks quite nice and has a quality look that would certainly make the KNs look good. It fits the KN5000 - KN7000. It is advertised as "longer and taller." (36" wide and 10" high) It is also supposed to be stronger, which is a good thing. Anyway, I would like to hear from those that have it.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: "New" Improved Extended Music Rack - 10/25/05 12:39 PM

hi KN
Yes ,I bought the extended music rest for my Kn7000 and it very good. It enables you put several pieces of music on the stand and gives a much better look to the KN.
To fit it you have to take the original base off the wire support and then the new extended one slots over the top.
Regards
Peter B.
Posted by: Jack Docters

Re: "New" Improved Extended Music Rack - 10/25/05 01:02 PM

How does it looks like , do you have a picture of it?
I am be curious

Jack

Re: "New" Improved Extended Music Rack - 10/25/05 01:33 PM

It looks smart. It is black opaque in colour. It is almost as wide as the keyboard. It is about as deep as a Busker type book,i.e.just shorter than A4. There were several pictures in the techplus magazines. I'll try and scan one for you or maybe if my technology will allow I will try and send you a photograph of it as it is on my KN7.
Personally I think it is very good, but there again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Regards
Peter b

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Docters:
How does it looks like , do you have a picture of it?
I am be curious

Jack

[This message has been edited by peter.bentley@talk21.com (edited 10-25-2005).]

Re: "New" Improved Extended Music Rack - 10/25/05 01:49 PM

Hi Peter,

Thanks for explaining how it fits. So, as I understand it, you actually use the original wire and the new unit goes over it. According to what is in print, it is supposed to be stronger. I don't see how if you are using the original wire frame. As we all know, that isn't too stable. I have always been afraid when doing a gig that someone is going to come up and lean on it and it breaks out of the keyboard - God forbid. The way the wire sticks in the holes of the keyboard, it looks like there could be major damage done to the case if that happened. I was hoping this updated rack would keep this from happening.

Jack, I only have a poor sketch of it. Since Peter has one, perhaps he has a better image and can scan it and send it to you in your email.

kn7

Re: "New" Improved Extended Music Rack - 10/25/05 01:53 PM

Peter,

You beat my post.
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: "New" Improved Extended Music Rack - 10/25/05 04:18 PM

Hi All,

I too have this new music stand. It is made of some sort of plastic or for the older generation, something similar to perspex. I haven't taken my original grey stand off the support as it will slot onto the wires at the back o.k. without doing this. In fact if you leave the original stand intact, I think it gives added support. The thing I like about it most is although it is a shade of dark brown (similar to sunglasses) you can actually see through it which I find helpful when playing for dancing as I usually pick a couple to watch and when they've been around the hall three or four times, I bring the dance to a close. (A tip given to me by another musician).

The price in England is about £39.00 plus despatch costs.

If you are intereted, order immediately as the last I heard Technote were almost out of them and are unable to get anymore.

Aud (U.K.)

Re: "New" Improved Extended Music Rack - 10/25/05 04:54 PM

Thanks, Audrey

Technote America has a price of $49.99 which is roughly 28GBP. They state, "Made of high quality smoked plexiglas." Due to the price difference, I had better step on it, if indeed, they still have them.

Re: "New" Improved Extended Music Rack - 10/27/05 01:25 PM

Hi everyone,

I just ordered the music rack. It no longer is $49.99 in the US and is now $59.99. I was told that they have only 4 more and they won't be reordered. If anyone is interested, you better get one before they are no longer available.
Posted by: RonG

Re: "New" Improved Extended Music Rack - 10/27/05 01:49 PM

Would you tell me the website for Technote America?

Thanks,

Ron

Quote:
Originally posted by kn7:
Hi everyone,

I just ordered the music rack. It no longer is $49.99 in the US and is now $59.99. I was told that they have only 4 more and they won't be reordered. If anyone is interested, you better get one before they are no longer available.
Posted by: lahawk

Re: "New" Improved Extended Music Rack - 10/27/05 02:41 PM

From Technote USA:

This smart new music rest is longer & taller giving more room for your music books. Made from acrylic this new rest simply fits onto your existing wire frame. 36" wide x 10" high.

Technote America: http://www.technote.com/USAMenu.asp

SeeYa
Larry Hawk

Re: "New" Improved Extended Music Rack - 10/28/05 05:15 AM

Hi Larry
Well Done with the photograph, that shows it as it is.
There are probably some clever people on the forum who will able to do some adaptation to make it even stronger and more stable but is a great inprovement on the original
Regards to all
Peter B.
Posted by: lahawk

Re: "New" Improved Extended Music Rack - 10/28/05 01:04 PM

Thanks Peter,

With this, I might even be able to play a song on page 1, or page 637 of a Fake Book.

That's a diffucult feat with the factory supplied stands.

SeeYa,
Larry