Music and Feelings

Posted by: bruno123

Music and Feelings - 08/18/07 03:27 PM

Music – Feeling – Styles – Keyboards – sequencing –
Sound system – Technical Data – Wires and Wires

I need to go back to simplicity, to music and the feeling it creates in me. I find myself lost in style changes, variations, fill ins, instrument changes and buttons and more buttons.

Before I go further let me say that those who enjoy all the above should not take my remarks personally, this is all about me and how I feel.

Many, many, many years ago (I hate saying that) I started playing Guitar, my reason -- I love music. Each new song added something special to my enjoyment. I am saying this with humility – I’m losing a great deal of that beautiful feeling I had at the beginning. In 2005, 2006 and part of 2007 my attention has gone to Midi Files, Karoake and loads of technical stuff. All done to please the audience, the people who pay me. It’s over, I am going back to where I started, music and the feeling that music give me. My desire, to play those feelings.

I sent five songs to Cees site, http://www.keso.nl.
The Summer of 42 has pictures of part of my life. Who 123Bruno is – My wife Phyllis -- Our vacations – Roger, whoever he is – Me and my Guitar – and my motor home.

Thanks for reading, John C.

And now we know the rest of the story –
Why I purchased a KN7000 after selling the original one I had.
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: Music and Feelings - 08/18/07 04:45 PM

I know exactly what you are saying Bruno. My first love is the piano and although I love and find the technology of the KN7 and my Tecnhics PR900 piano a pleasure to play, sometimes I just want to play straight piano and this is why I haven't got rid of the piano. I can turn off all the gimmicks and just play it as a straight piano and it is very theraputic to do this, particularly if I'm feeling low, to play naturally sort of takes you out of yourself. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Anyway, everyone should play however and whenever they feel the urge, there is absolutely nothing like it. Music speaks all languages.

You keep at it and enjoy!

Audrey
Posted by: Walt M

Re: Music and Feelings - 08/19/07 05:51 PM

John,
I really enjoyed your posting of music on Cees' site.
Your use of the pads and the muting of some of the busy parts of the KN7000 styles made for a very nice relaxing feeling. I learned something new from your sequences. I can't figure for the life of me why I haven't used the "Chords on Four" loop before.
Please keep on and post some more of your work.
Walt
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Music and Feelings - 08/19/07 07:57 PM

John.. where on keso do I find your somgs?
t.
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Music and Feelings - 08/20/07 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
John.. where on keso do I find your somgs?
t.

Tony, Click left top corner “players”
A list of players is displayed – click on my name, John Cintorino.

Thanks for asking, John C.
Posted by: RMepstead

Re: Music and Feelings - 08/20/07 12:44 PM

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments John - I use one finger chords with the left hand just so that I can put more feeling into the right playing cos I don't have to think about the left hand at all...
Equally I use technicord, for the same reason, just one finger on the right hand produces 3 harmonised notes.
Again all my changes of variation for each song are panel memoried sequentially and linked to my foot pedal so that a tick on my sheet music tells me to merely tap the foot pedal and the variation changes through the panel memory.
All part of your keep it simple philosophy so that I can concentrate completely on - I believe the word is - expression.
Rog
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: Music and Feelings - 08/21/07 03:53 PM

Gee Rog!

I hope you're making notes of all these little 'gems' for our Keyboard Capers in November.

Got your email, will do and let you know the outcome.

Audrey
Posted by: fmlk

Re: Music and Feelings - 09/04/07 02:23 PM

In the past I even managed to play church organ on the KN7000, despite all gadgets and features. Take a listen on my website. Like Benedictus of Francois Couperin, or the Psalms 23, 84 and 91. Even "Cantus firmus"