" CASATSCHOK"

Posted by: Giovanni

" CASATSCHOK" - 12/27/06 01:47 AM

Hi Folks ,can anyone help with a suggestion for a style suitable to play this Russian / Hungarian sounding tune .

It was popular around 1967 ,

Wishing you all a Happy New Year

Giovanni
Posted by: Bud Whipple

Re: " CASATSCHOK" - 12/27/06 10:20 AM

Giovanni, I've never heard of that particular song, but then I've never heard of a lot of things. I'll see if I can google it. Still, you might want to check out some of the Gypsy styles found on Gunnar Jonny's website and elsewhere on the net. Most have a lively rhythm.
Look at Casatachan at http://www.biggestdutch.org/german_kar_index.htm

[This message has been edited by Bud Whipple (edited 12-27-2006).]
Posted by: Jack Docters

Re: " CASATSCHOK" - 12/27/06 11:23 AM

Yes I know this song, it is from Iwan Rebroff at 1969.
I will look for you if I can find a suitable style

Jack
Posted by: etwo4788

Re: " CASATSCHOK" - 12/28/06 07:02 AM

This one "moves" nicely..... I like the SIRTAKI under Latin & World on the 7K....R1/Music Box..R2/Accom. Drawbars... or a Polka would work too....

Does anyone have the sheet with chords notated? It would be fun to play!

ELIZABETH
Posted by: Giovanni

Re: " CASATSCHOK" - 12/28/06 09:28 AM

Hi Folks , thanks everyone for your help .
it is most appreciated !!

Jack Doctors , Thanks for the e mail unfortunately my firewall blocked some of the style parts , but you have been very helpful with the style type and put me on the right track .

Bud Whipple , this music has it's roots in a russian folk tune and was a novelty number and was in the charts around about 1969 .
On a more serious note if anyone has seen old pathe news reels on the final days of the 2nd world war where the American and British armies link up with the Russian army , a Russian soldier is playing on the Piano accordion "Cataschok" .
It is a simple but very effective lively piece of music .

The 1969 version even had a few bars of the "volga boatman" and then speeds up to the polka/russian style of which we are all familiar.

I used to regularly perform the tune in my youth !! and is great for audience participation !!

Lets move forward 30 plus years I'm asked to play at a retirement home and a lady came up to me and said she had seen me and remembers a russian tune I used to include in my act !!
I thought is it the Sabre dance and played a few bars , is it Czardas , no the lady said it is the one where you get everyone singing and clapping their hands and joining in !!
So I played it and it went down a storm !!
so the tune is going back into the repetoire .
In those days I had no midi / keyboard/ expander hooked up to the squeeze box !!!

I was not sure of the style to use so thanks to everyone .

Elizabeth .. if you want the sheet music I'll gladly get it scanned and sent to you ! early in the New year !!

Best wishes to you all in 2007

Giovanni
Posted by: etwo4788

Re: " CASATSCHOK" - 12/28/06 12:10 PM

GIOVANNI.... Yes! I will look forward to having the sheet with chord notations....Many thanks! Have you tried some of the polka rhythms with the Sirtaki? I also use the Party March.... My elder audiences enjoy all these neat tunes that move.... they stay awake better while listening!

Have a happy & prosperous 2007!

ELIZABETH
Posted by: Walt Meyer

Re: " CASATSCHOK" - 12/30/06 06:01 AM

Giovanni,
Me too, Please.
"---if you want the sheet music I'll gladly get it scanned and sent to you ! early in the New year !!---".
Thanks, and Happy New Year to All.
Walt