What went wrong??? Please

Posted by: Anonymous

What went wrong??? Please - 01/30/05 12:14 PM

Hi Folks.
First let me apologise for losing my cool. I forgot my traditional British stiff upper lip, but I was in some despair. I am now in a better frame of mind. I refer
To my post in “Memories” I do thank all the people
Who emailed to give me encouragement?.
------------------------------------------------------------
I have a question concerning the KN2600!
This was brought on by the result of an action by me.
I was switching on the KN2600.My finger slipped off the switch and I flicked it rather the pressed it.
The keyboard came on for a fraction of a second and then switched off when I tried to switch on the panel lights were all off. But the LCD screen was on.
The message in the screen was.
“Error in CPU Data transmission” I tried again but got the same error. I tried a factory reset. It is different than the KN7000. But the same principle.
Three rhythm styles pressed and switch on.
I tried and got the same error, I then looked at a recent post "Reference (Alec and Bill)" they had described a diagnostic test for the KN7000.
First hold down C3 D3 C4. when I switched on it
Loaded the LCD as normal, I thought I had sorted it.
But I noticed, still no panel lights!! I switched off
When switching on again, the error message was back. I then went through the diagnostics shown in http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/002383.html
I did not do Number six. Because there is no floppy drive in the KN2600.I got different messages in the LCD But I could not respond to the requests.
No panel lights were on at all!!
It was late at this time, and I went to bed.
When I got out of bed this morning. My wife was sleeping. With continuity tester and screw driver in hand, I went to find out if in fact the PCB board was protected by a fuse. I was hoping it was.
I switched on and the “blasted thing operated as normal”. So what had I done?. I don’t know is the answer. It would seem an overnight shutdown had reset something What does “Error in CPU Data transmission” Relate to?. Anyone know please?. anyone got a clue as to what happened? I know most of the members have the KN7000. But someone may know
Sincerely.
Joe.

[This message has been edited by Phil Lynch (edited 01-30-2005).]
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: What went wrong??? Please - 01/30/05 12:51 PM

I Have done it again.I thanked Alec before getting his answer.Are you there "John North and Barry Woods"?

Posted by: technicsplayer

Re: What went wrong??? Please - 01/30/05 12:52 PM

the voltage surge must have confused the micro and it was just not left off long enough to recover. Power supply and other components can retain low level energy for some time after switch off keeping the micro in it's invalid state. Switching off long enough, sometimes with the mains lead disconnected, can guarantee a fresh boot up.

Re: What went wrong??? Please - 01/30/05 12:53 PM

you're welcome

Re: What went wrong??? Please - 01/30/05 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil Lynch:

I Have done it again.I thanked Alec before getting his answer.Are you there "John North and Barry Woods"?

just goes to show Einstein was right, time is relative!
Posted by: RMepstead

Re: What went wrong??? Please - 01/31/05 01:26 AM

Einstein - Brilliant series on Tele at the moment...!
Yours E = MC squared