KN7000 Value

Posted by: fmlk

KN7000 Value - 10/18/05 02:42 PM

Hi All,

Of course I have a Technics KN7000, incl. all four Sound Wave Expansion boards!, multi-footpanel, SD Jukebox CB-7K, SDExplorer and lots of software (Styles and sequences). But suppose I want to sell it to go for a Tyros2, what could I ask as price for the KN7000 plus accessories? Just curious!
Posted by: Bazz Woods

Re: KN7000 Value - 10/18/05 02:50 PM

Hi,
Unless you check the Tyros out and it
dosent have a lot of what the Kn7000 has.
I would stall your sale

Cheers Bazz
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: KN7000 Value - 10/18/05 04:23 PM

Hi Fred,

If I were in your shoes, I'd stick with the KN7. Two of our keyboard members sold their KN7s complete with stand, floppies, some SMF files, SD cards, Foot Controller, Expression
Pedal, carrying case, cover and 2 small amplified speakers - all for £800. They rushed out to buy the Tyros 1 because of the preset songs (one is also a singer) but are both disappointed because, firstly it isn't as User Friendly as the Technics and secondly some of the sounds are nowhere near as good as the Technics (like for like that is). In fact, one of them has now bought another KN7 which was advertised locally but what he paid for it, I've yet to find out.

I cannot pass comment on the Tyros 2 as I haven't even seen or heard it yet, but again one of these men who now has the Tyros 1 said when he had a demonstration, there was not enough extras to warrant the cost in changing from the 1 to the 2. However, I
think that is the individual's choice.

I know at some stage we will be forced to look elsewhere but think about your SD KN Explorer Tool, it works so well with the KN7 but will it work with other keyboards? Only you can answer that.

All the best.

Aud (U.K.)
Posted by: kn7

Re: KN7000 Value - 10/22/05 07:16 PM

Hi Guys,

Better think twice about selling your KN7000 cheap. Check out the latest listing on eBay and get a grip in your shoes. The seller is asking almost $4,000 for one plus added features.
Posted by: Johnnie.c

Re: KN7000 Value - 10/23/05 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kn7:
Hi Guys,

Better think twice about selling your KN7000 cheap. Check out the latest listing on eBay and get a grip in your shoes. The seller is asking almost $4,000 for one plus added features.

The KN7000 that you refer to on Ebay @ http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Technics-KN7000-...1QQcmdZViewItem

is listed as new when in fact it is pre-used for $3989 (£2255) which is a buy now price with a starting price of 77$ BUT there are as yet no bids
The $1000 of extras is also dubious the 128 meg sd card of styles for the ex models was available to everybody free on the Technics.com and makes up for almost half of the $1000
I would not be surprised if it is still unsold at the end of the listing.

The KN7000 has been selling on Ebay in the UK for between £800 & £1000 ($1415 & $1769) pre-used without the 4 expansion boards.
The 4 expansion boards together (when you can find them) have been selling for £250 ($442)

The most expensive I have seen by a dealer is £1200 used ($2122)
The going rate for a trade in against a Tyros 2 is £1000 approx

Re: KN7000 Value - 10/23/05 09:53 AM

Johnnie,

Check the eBay auctions ended. You will see that there were 25 bids of a KN7000 and it sold for $2,550.00 plus shipping. Another one, badly broken AND I MEAN, BROKEN sold for $803.55 plus shipping. These were sold in the US. I think they go for considerably more here.

Re: KN7000 Value - 10/23/05 12:44 PM

Quote:
Johnnie,

Check the eBay auctions ended. You will see that there were 25 bids of a KN7000 and it sold for $2,550.00 plus shipping. Another one, badly broken AND I MEAN, BROKEN sold for $803.55 plus shipping. These were sold in the US. I think they go for considerably more here.

The last two KN7000 on ebay UK pages were £980 & £950 used with no extras, the last broken KN7000 for spares (main board kaput) went for £200

It is realistic for private sellers to put up their keyboards for auction with a bigger price tag than the market say's the item is really worth in the hope of realising the highest price possible
I.E.recently a seller put up a KN6000 with a reserve price of would you believe £800 I expect he is still the owner
You would be very fortunate to sell a KN7000 for £1000 plus in the UK

Re: KN7000 Value - 10/23/05 02:00 PM

Hello All,

Thanks for all your replies.
I have decided to stick to my KN7000 for the time being and at least not "rush" to get me a Tyros and pay $1000-$2000 extra....

Why? Well, yesterday I went to Andijk, in the north of our country where is the headquarter of Dorcas Aid International and Dorcas Hulp Nederland. I am volunteer for them and was invited on the open day/celebration of 25 years jubilee. It was agreat day with a lot of impact. I saw a DVD about street children in Ethiopie and Russia: one made a cearton box to a house, others live in a concrete "ruin" in Moscow without decent toilet and heating.
On the other hand we also received email last week from a young woman who we sponsored for the age of 8 until she became 19. Now she is 23 and found my email address and sent all her diploma's. She lives in Ghana and because of our sponsorship she could go to school and stidied computer science. Temporarily she has to work some time to dela with some financial problems, but will continue with VB.NET. This email with all the attachments was of course a deligth for us and opened my eyes:

A better world... starts with us ....ALL

With only little money you can make a difference in the life of poor children and grannies in Russia, Eastern Europe, North, East, Sout Africa....

I don't tell this all to boast about it. Just to show all is so relative and I reset priorities. For example there is a Dutch site http://www.voedselhulp.nl (foodhelp) where you, by clicking on the butoon of one of the sponsor businesses/organizations you open their website, but also donate a meal to the poor in those countries. This meal is paid by the sponsoring business. More info about Dorcas: http://www.dorcas.net

Regards, Fred

Re: KN7000 Value - 10/24/05 09:40 AM

As if to illustrate my point
This KN7000 ended this afternoon on USA Ebay the winning bid was $790 £446
So your keyboard is only worth what somebody is prepared to pay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7360308145&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Re: KN7000 Value - 10/24/05 09:58 AM

Well, that is not much. As seller I would never agree to that price. But even such low price a child in Africa could have food, clothes and education for one and a half year !!!!

Re: KN7000 Value - 10/24/05 10:04 AM

Johnnie,

That KN7000 that just ended is a VERY DUBIOUS LISTING. This seller SOLD this last week for $2,550. and now it was back on for a day listing. (?) Very odd. Under the circumstances, I wouldn't buy it for the opening bid for I don't believe the seller can be trusted. The seller is in Germany and the keyboard is in the US. As I said, very odd.

Re: KN7000 Value - 10/24/05 10:36 AM

Quote:
Johnnie,

That KN7000 that just ended is a VERY DUBIOUS LISTING. This seller SOLD this last week for $2,550. and now it was back on for a day listing. (?) Very odd. Under the circumstances, I wouldn't buy it for the opening bid for I don't believe the seller can be trusted. The seller is in Germany and the keyboard is in the US. As I said, very odd.

You don't get 100% good feedbacks if you are doing something dubious

Re: KN7000 Value - 10/24/05 12:55 PM

Then explain why this seller had this on before and supposedly sold it for $2,550.? This latest listing is listed EXACTLY like the other. 100% feedback sooner or later isn't. This seven hundered plus is a long way from the other price.

Re: KN7000 Value - 10/24/05 01:48 PM

Quote:
Then explain why this seller had this on before and supposedly sold it for $2,550.? This latest listing is listed EXACTLY like the other. 100% feedback sooner or later isn't. This seven hundered plus is a long way from the other price.

Perhaps he felt it was not making enough so he bid it out himself but then he would have to pay ebay some 3.4%
of the winning bid price but who knows.??? I don't
Either way you would still be hard pushed to get anything like £1000 for a KN7000 I saw one today from a dealer Whitley Bay for £1100 so what do you reckon they bought that one for?????
I only wished they were worth more but alas I fear they will go lower unfortunately

Re: KN7000 Value - 10/24/05 05:46 PM

"Perhaps he felt it was not making enough so he bid it out himself but then he would have to pay ebay some 3.4%
of the winning bid price but who knows.???"

And you don't find this dubious, if indeed this is the case? There is so much fraud on eBay. Trust me, I know. I am a seller that not only sells but buys and I have been stiffed several times. I stand by that this is a most unusual listing with seller being in Germany and the item being in the US.

You said, "I only wished they were worth more but alas I fear they will go lower unfortunately" - I truly believe the KN7000 will only go up, up, up. It becomes a supply and demand thing. When something is no longer made and in this case, no future model to replace a "last year's model" and this keyboard having the capabilities it has, well...

Re: KN7000 Value - 10/24/05 11:47 PM

Quote:
[B Trust me, I know. I am a seller that not only sells but buys and I have been stiffed several times.

I truly believe the KN7000 will only go up, up, up.[/B]

1. If you have allowed yourself to be stiffed several times on EBay then you are obviously not very clever at it because all the protections are there to be used
2. I think that this is wishful thinking on your part; it looks like you have not owned a KN7000 since new but you obviously love it and feel passionate about it but you have to be realistic
I already know of four people that have traded (committed) their KN7000 against a Tyros 2 it is a fact of life as good as the KN7000 is people move on and the same will repeat itself when the next generations of Korg or Yamaha appear in the coming years and who knows maybe Roland might get their act together.
I won’t be buying a Tyros 2 but who knows a Tyros 3 I may be tempted only time will tell never say never

Re: KN7000 Value - 10/25/05 07:12 AM

Johnnie,

I am not going to tit for tat with you but will say this and move on. Your negative attitude and remarks have gotten you in trouble with others on the forum. You clearly no nothing about being a seller on eBay. If you think sellers are protected, you are suffering from being delusional. If some buyer stiffs you, don't plan on eBay coming to your defense. At best, they will give you your final value fee back - not even the money you lost for listing the item. They will do nothing to the buyer. The seller can give a negative feedback to the buyer and this buyer can retaliate by giving the seller a negative when the seller has done nothing wrong. Ebay will NOT remove unwarranted feedback. Know what you are talking about before you make statements about someone "not being very clever."

Re: KN7000 Value - 10/25/05 09:48 AM

Quote:
Know what you are talking about before you make statements about someone "not being very clever."

I have sold 172 and bought 19 items on EBay and I am yet to be as you call it stiffed so I guess that makes me a bit cleverer than you.
The best defence and protection is yourself and the way that you handle your transactions,if you leave yourself open to abuse then you will be abused.
If being negative means telling you that in my opinion you won't realise more than £1000 for your KN7000 if you wanted to sell it now, and that it will depreciate in time and not become a classic then I am as you put it negative

I can't exactly say that you have been particularly positive in your 35 posts so far since joining the forum on the 2nd October so perhaps you are not the best person to talk of negativity.

Talking of others on the forum I can't say you have been that friendly

Oh! and by the way before I go I thought you might like to know about a SZ-CB7 SD audio writing kit that is up on EBay at the moment http://musical-instruments.listings.ebay...ListingItemList
Posted by: Joe Baron

Re: KN7000 Value - 11/03/05 10:17 AM

Hi Johnnie C.
Just a matter of interest.
100% good feedback on ebay can be manafactured by the fraudsters.
Sell a fair amount of small items legit'
plead for good feedback and I will leave you good feedback. You must have had that message with all your dealings on ebay.
My friend was defrauded £850.00 buying a KN7000. The fraudster put in his/her add
Paypal accepted. After the auction ended,
the seller asked to be paid by check,paypal
too expensive was his/her reason.So even paying by cheque is now dissturbing. Thats a new one on me.
Kind regards.
Joe

Re: KN7000 Value - 11/03/05 10:33 AM

Hi Joe
paying by any means other than paypal especially cheque on ebay is a bit of a lottery you are completely dependent on the seller being honest it is not such a problem with a retailer who are usually quite reputable.Of course paypal is more expensive they need their cut as does ebay that is why you should have a starting bid or reserve to reflect your lowest price plus the % charges

To be honest feedbacks can only be described as a guide if somebody has say 300 good feedbacks then they must be doing something right
Posted by: technicsplayer

Re: KN7000 Value - 11/03/05 10:51 AM

sorry, but how does paying by cheque give you any kind of protection? paying by anything other than paypal to a complete stranger over the net is a risk. Credit card to a secure site business is another matter since you have protection in the card. Sure good feedback can be manufactured but it needs a different identity for each feedback, and if each of the identities is new with no feedback, or if the feedback goes in identity circles it is a dead giveaway.

I won a couple of concert tickets for £100 that had been sold out, the seller in the auction said tickets available to send, then after immediate payment said he was still waiting for them to be posted to him from the box office. The concert was 4 months away and checking with the box office confirmed his story that the tickets still had to be sent out. Nevertheless I was unhappy about the original description of ready to be sent out which was not true, so went through paypal complaints, got all the money back, and bought tickets from another auction later. The seller had good feedback and may well have come up with the tickets nearer the time but should have posted a more accurate description in the first place to engender trust in the buyer. Paypal came up trumps in the only case where I have had to complain so far.

[This message has been edited by technicsplayer (edited 11-03-2005).]