MP3

Posted by: ogre

MP3 - 02/04/03 10:16 AM

Here's another silly simple question but if you don't ask, you don't learn.
I've downloaded MP3 tracks,listened to them via the PC, and know that the sound reproduced is as played, say via cassette or CD altho' not necessarily of same quality. But how would I go about recording an MP3 song from my Kn7K? What extra gear is required and what would be likely cost?
How would I send it off via the PC?
Ogre
Posted by: cees

Re: MP3 - 02/04/03 10:32 AM

Hi Ogre,
A. You can use the program SD-audio which was delivered with your K7 (recording from K7 via USB-cable to PC, with SD-audio/program' (you can save the recorded song as wav or MP3 file). You can, if you want, download the handout from the TechnicsKN7000.com as a pdf-file.
B. Otherwise you need software called SD Jukebox to handle MP3/Wav on the SD-card/K7.
This software can copy a MP3/file on the SD/card an played-used on the K7.
Accidently see my post beneath your post 'inventory of K7-software'.
Greetings,
Cees.

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 02-04-2003).]
Posted by: ogre

Re: MP3 - 02/05/03 09:40 AM

Many thanks, Cees.

Gotta problem tho' in that computer is in one room and keyboard in another and no space to put them together - unless I can persuade my wife as Grandpa undoubtedly could with Ruthie.
Is there no way that I could record a song on a floppy and use the PC to convert it to MP3 format?

Ogre
Posted by: cees

Re: MP3 - 02/05/03 10:38 AM

Hi Ogre,
you had a chance (or is it 'change', difficult language that english ) at valentines day to kill two birds with one stone ...
But in fact it is unfortunately not possible to record your mp3 on a floppy on the KN7. Other options/suggestions:
A. A longer USB-cable (only you have to run to the other room or with help of your partner put at the same time on the buttons );
B. using a cassettedeck to record (only than you must have a connection after recording on your PC).
C. persist on getting a great room for yourself, the K7 and the computer
But as you see I have no idea how you home-situation is, good luck
Cees

Quote:
Originally posted by ogre:
Many thanks, Cees.

Gotta problem tho' in that computer is in one room and keyboard in another and no space to put them together - unless I can persuade my wife as Grandpa undoubtedly could with Ruthie.
Is there no way that I could record a song on a floppy and use the PC to convert it to MP3 format?

Ogre