Amplifier and Speakers

Posted by: Joe Baron

Amplifier and Speakers - 10/24/05 03:05 PM

Hi Folks.
I have sold one of my KN7000's!!
I have bought another KN2000.
I am speaking to both sides of the pond!
I am at present using an Alesis Microverb 3,
Mic in to Alesis 3 and Alesis 3 line out to Line in on KN2000. (There is no Mic input on the KN2000) The sound is of good quality really good!!! The Alesis has a good preamp
and puts a strong signal into the KN2000.
It is quite loud! However I am scared of overloading the KN's speakers.The Alesis does not make the KN2000 any louder of course, But the voccals sound great, and powerful
I am thinking in the near future of doing some charity playing and singing in the main, to elderly people (I am one)
My question is!!!
I want a very light amp and speakers.
Something similar to the Tyros 2 set up.
I heard it a couple of weeks ago and it is quite loud, and very small speakers. I need a similar setup.My 500 watt amp and 15" speakers are too heavy. Any idea's anyone.
Kind regards.
Joe. ps Nigel kindly let me use my own name
Joe Baron instead of phil Lynch (stage name)
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: Amplifier and Speakers - 10/24/05 04:11 PM

Hi Joe,

I have recently taken delivery of a setup exactly as you describe. It is called a Clarifier RS501 and consists of 2 x 15watts RMS Satellite speakers and a 30watts RMS Sub-Woofer. Although I have used it several times at my usual venues, last Saturday I played for a large Diamond Wedding Anniversary party in our local very large hall. (120-130 people) This hall has recently had a complete surround sound system put in which includes four speakers at 150 watts each. I was told I could use that if wanted but like you, I was afraid of blowing out my KN7 so I declined the offer and took along the Clarifier which can be used either through the Main Output on the keyboard or through the Phones socket. It was absolutely brilliant. Whilst the guests were eating I played soft background music, whilst the tables were being cleared to make room for dancing, I played singalong music, finally finishing off with dance music covering the 60 years. As the evening got noisier, I changed the reverb to Large Hall and upped the volume which if connected to the Output can be controlled by the keyboard, but you do have to watch the volume a bit more if connected through the Phones socket.

I bought this from a company called BCK so if you want to check it out, their web address is
www.bck.co.uk or, clarifier@bck.co.uk

Hope this helps, it really is worth checking out.

Aud (U.K.)
Posted by: kn7

Re: Amplifier and Speakers - 10/24/05 05:24 PM

Hi Joe,

I am very surprised that the KN2000 doesn't have a mic input because I had a KN1000 and it had one. You would think Technics would have continued with this feature up the ladder to the KN7000. Most surprising!!!
Posted by: Jack Docters

Re: Amplifier and Speakers - 10/25/05 01:50 AM

Hi Joe,
Last month I bought me a Logitech Z 2300 for 126 euro
Thats a subwoofer 120 watt and 2 satelite speakers 80 watt and I must see it works
excellent.

Jack

Re: Amplifier and Speakers - 10/28/05 10:01 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jack Docters:
[B]Hi Joe,
Last month I bought me a Logitech Z 2300

Hi Young Jack.(What about young Joe)
Glad to hear from you. Jack! can you say the size and weight of the System?
Keep well old friend.

Hi.KN7
I double checked KN2000 for a mic input, Nope, none showing. I had a KN1000 but I can't think if it had an input for mic.
I will take your word for it though.
Regards to all.
Joe.
Posted by: kn7

Re: Amplifier and Speakers - 10/28/05 10:47 AM

Hi Joe,

I have given more thought to my saying the KN1000 had a mic input. Now that I think back, it didn't. Since your KN2000 doesn't have a mic input, I am unsure just when the mic input was incorporated into the KN boards. The 6000s have one and probably the 5000s.

Re: Amplifier and Speakers - 10/29/05 10:37 AM

Hi! to my best friend young Joe
the measurements of the Logitec Z 2300 are
Subwoofer 11 inch square and 14 inch long
The Satelite speakers, 3,5 inch square and 6,75 inch high
The weight of the subwoofer is about 8 kg
So Joe buy it and be supriced, you could't
believe your ears.
I hope you doing well

Jack
Posted by: technicsplayer

Re: Amplifier and Speakers - 10/29/05 02:15 PM

The mic input appeared first on the KN5000 if my memory isn't playing tricks
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Amplifier and Speakers - 10/29/05 02:21 PM

It isn't

Re: Amplifier and Speakers - 10/29/05 03:45 PM

Thanks to all for your help!!
Regards.
Joe.

Re: Amplifier and Speakers - 10/30/05 02:17 PM

Hi Folks.
I am at a loss which to pick, the Logitech Z-2300 or the Clarifier RS501.
What is the opinion of Members who have had experience in amps and speakers.
Any help would be great.Please read other posts.
Regards.
Joe.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Amplifier and Speakers - 10/31/05 02:43 AM

Hi Joe
I used the Z2200 and Z5500 at gigs, including fairly large venues, with great results.If you do a search on the Arranger forum, you will see many favorable threads by pro players.

The only reason I am not using mine is that I went beserk and bought the Bose PAS. It is superior,IMHO, to anything out there but it ain't cheap.
Bernie

Re: Amplifier and Speakers - 10/31/05 07:55 AM

Hi Joe
Why should you buy the Clarifier RS 501, its indentical as what the KN7000 has on Watts. 30 and 2x 15 Watt
Take the Logitech Z 2300 and you have 120 and 2x 80 Watts extra and that sounds much better.

Jack

Re: Amplifier and Speakers - 10/31/05 12:02 PM

actually the z2300 satellites are 2x40W and the 7k 2x18W, but watts in themselves mean little without taking the efficiency of the speakers and amp eq into account.
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: Amplifier and Speakers - 10/31/05 04:17 PM

Hi Jack,

I tried the Logitech and the Clarifier. They were both good, but because the Clarifier has wooden cabinets, it not only looks good, I think the sound is better too.

It's a matter of choice I guess.

Aud (U.K.)
Posted by: D.Munson

Re: Amplifier and Speakers - 11/01/05 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Docters:
Hi! to my best friend young Joe
the measurements of the Logitec Z 2300 are
Subwoofer 11 inch square and 14 inch long
The Satelite speakers, 3,5 inch square and 6,75 inch high
The weight of the subwoofer is about 8 kg
So Joe buy it and be supriced, you could't
believe your ears.
I hope you doing well

Jack

Hi Jack,
I have had the Logitech Z 2300 speaker system since February this year and they're great,infact I have to turn the volume down when my wife is around!!!
Derek Munson

Re: Amplifier and Speakers - 11/01/05 05:49 AM

Hi Folks.
I am still making my mind up,and thanks for all the posts,it has helped.
One issue I would point out is, Some Countries have differant values when decribing Watts, as in output.
The UK and USofA use RMS, Japan use MPMS.
or MPMO. and if listed as 40 Watts per channel refer to it as 80 Watts output.
I am sure I am right in saying,40 Watts per channel is only 40 Watts total output.
Dose anyone dissagree?
Regards to all.
Joe.

Re: Amplifier and Speakers - 11/01/05 06:38 AM

no, 40 Watts per channel, however you define the Watts, is 80 Watts total output from two channels converted into sound. The various peak methods of defining Watts are pretty meaningless since that peak might only be able of being maintained for a microsecond with no regard for frequency, load impedance or more importantly load reactance. RMS reflects the sustained capability of the power supply to allow the amp to go continuously loud, whereas MPMO and the various peak advertising "ruses" can virtually be invented on the spot with little regard for actuality.

Re: Amplifier and Speakers - 11/01/05 07:16 AM

the same happen to me Derek

Jack

Re: Amplifier and Speakers - 11/02/05 04:57 AM

Hi folks.
Logitech Z-2300 or the Clarifier RS501.

I chose the Logitech Z-2300. i purchased from Amazon, £87.00 including P&P.
Sorry Aud!!! I hope you are still my friend.
Regards.
Joe