NEW RYTHUMS

Posted by: TOMMAW

NEW RYTHUMS - 11/02/02 04:46 AM

DEALER RECEIVED THE CHIP WITH THE NEW 69 RYTHUMS YESTERSDAY. SOME NEW BIG BAND AND BALLADS, BUT NO NEW JASS. YOUR DEALER IS SUPPOSED TO GIVE EACH 7000 OWNER ONE FOR FREE
Posted by: Lloyd Erickson

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/02/02 06:16 AM

You mentioned "chip". Doe's this mean you have to open the case and replace a chip?
Can you elaborate on this? Interested.
Lloyd

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/02/02 05:15 PM

NO...I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE SAID SD CARD
Posted by: Ted Rose

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/02/02 09:03 PM

I'm confused. My dealer says he knows nothing about a FREE SD card. Do you refer to the new EW-03 and EW-04 cards? If so, I believe they are free (or included in the 7000 package in the UK) but not in the USA. Pleae clarify for us. Thanks.
Posted by: Tom Cornish

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/03/02 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ted Rose:
I'm confused. My dealer says he knows nothing about a FREE SD card. Do you refer to the new EW-03 and EW-04 cards? If so, I believe they are free (or included in the 7000 package in the UK) but not in the USA. Pleae clarify for us. Thanks.

Hi Ted if I may clarify this thread. Following the purchase of my KN7000
My dealer sent me an 8mb SD Card which contained a total of 80 new styles which loaded into the Custom Rhythm section
these styles use about 39% of the useable memory on the card Thereby allowing a considerable additional amount of files to be saved. The card was free gratis and for nothing and I presume other KN7000 owners in Australia where I live have had the same bonus.

It has nothing to do with the EWo3 or Ewo4 which are expansion cards for the KN7000 which when installed expand the sound capacity of the Keyboard. In any event I doubt that the expansion cards would be free anywhere as I have bought them here and they cost me even when discounted $700 Aust dollars
Hope this clarifies things for you
Tom Cornish
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/03/02 02:10 AM

It would seem that depending in which part of the planet you live, different 'Freebies' are being supplied with the KN7000.

In UK, the KN7000 comes with an SD card interface module, which allows direct connection to the USB port on a PC. This module allows you to back-up and restore the SD card data directly to PC, using the 'Song Manager' software supplied with the KN7000. Also included, is a software package called 'SD Jukebox'.

We now learn that in the USA and Australia, that instead of the SD card reader package, purchasers are being supplied with an extra SD memory card, with new styles already stored on it.
The EW-xx series 'Cards' are really small plug-in modules, which fit inside the KN7000, via a removeable panel on the underside of the KN7000 - just like the KN6xxx. As far as I am aware, EW-01, EW-02 and EW-03 are now available and EW-04 is about to be released. I doubt if an dealer will supply them as 'Freebies'

------------------
Willum
Posted by: Bob Hendershot

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/03/02 06:20 AM

I got the Song Manager, the little audio recorder and a USB driver with my KN7000 here in the US. I did not get the Jukebox software nor any 8 meg card with additional styles. I did get an 8 meg card that was empty. It is possible that my dealer (in North Carolina) was not aware of the additional styles that were available. It wouldn't surprise me if the styles involved are the same World styles that are at the KN7000.com site.
Posted by: Bud Whipple

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/03/02 11:39 AM

Bob, the dealer we know here in NC only knows what Technics sends him info on, or what I find out from this forum. He isn't connected to the internet. I will see him probably next week when I take him kn7000 styles and ask him to call Technics about the card. He can ask about which styles they are, also. They may send it directly to you and save you a trip - it should be an automatic perk for the registered owners, anyway.

[This message has been edited by Bud Whipple (edited 11-03-2002).]

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/03/02 02:19 PM

Thanks Bud, Sorry I missed you the last time I was there.
Posted by: Teemark

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/03/02 07:51 PM

received my SD card with 80 new stlyes from my dealer in Ohio Tuesday. Anyone who bought a KN7000 to my knowledge was to get one. To my ear these new styles have more punch than the ones on the 7000. I don't mean volume either, they just seem to have a "meatier" sound.

Mark
Posted by: ogre

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/04/02 11:20 AM

My dealer in the UK has no knowledge about these additional styles and promised to contact Technics but heard nowt since.

Peter
Posted by: Frank Bez

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/04/02 04:46 PM

Well Mark,
It’s interesting, my Technics contact in California doesn’t know anything about this card. Maybe when things settle down we can do some swapping.
Frank

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/05/02 12:24 PM

I wonder if the styles on the SD 'Freebie' are the New styles which are on the KN7000.com site. There are about 80 of them available for free download, in .CST format.
The styles names 'Various' are selections of the .CST files in .AST format - about 10 in each folder, which load directly into Custom memory.
Maybe TOMMAW or Teemark could confirm this.

------------------
Willum

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/06/02 10:35 AM

BILL....NOT THE SAME AS THE FREBIES

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/06/02 12:07 PM

Thanks Tommaw - was just wondering

------------------
Willum
Posted by: Mike Daniell

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/07/02 02:25 AM

If they are not the same as those on the kn7000 site then I have a suggestion. First of all, I should give you a sob story. The dealer I order my kn7000 from was shut down by their parent company. The parent company very gladly took my money for the kn7000, but now do not return phone calls about this SD card. As they are about 2 hours drive away I'm not going to drop in on them.

So, if the styles on this SD card are supposed to be issued free to kn7000 owners, and since these are just styles, can someone zip them up into a file and make them available?

Thanks,
Mike
Posted by: Ted Rose

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/07/02 09:14 PM

Ye gads, Mike, where is your dealer located??? Do you have any idea why the dealer was closed by the parent company? And yes, it would be great if someone could prepare a ZIP file of the new SD styles for download. Also the styles from the 6000/6500 are available on the 7000 site but how does one download them quickly, or do I have to download them one at a time????? Again a ZIP file would be great!!!!

[
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Daniell:
If they are not the same as those on the kn7000 site then I have a suggestion. First of all, I should give you a sob story. The dealer I order my kn7000 from was shut down by their parent company. The parent company very gladly took my money for the kn7000, but now do not return phone calls about this SD card. As they are about 2 hours drive away I'm not going to drop in on them.

So, if the styles on this SD card are supposed to be issued free to kn7000 owners, and since these are just styles, can someone zip them up into a file and make them available?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/08/02 03:39 AM

Ted,

I live just outside Brisbane in Australia, and my original dealer was in Brisbane but the parent company is in a town the opposite side of Brisbane to where I live. I was told by the owner of the parent company (when I bought my keyboard) that he shut down the Brisbane dealership because it was making massive losses. Still, the timing of it seems significant - he closed the Brisbane dealership less than a month before the KN7000's were due in, and Technics was the main selling line of that shop.

Downloading files one at a time from the KN7000 site is a bit of a nuisance, but I'm not complaining as I'm just glad to be able to get them. However, once downloaded I transfer them en masse to my SD card using the SD card reader attached to my PC. I just copied them all into the private \ technics \ kn7000 \ custom directory. I'm hoping that anyone with the new SD card and an SD card reader will be able to extract the new styles quite easily, and preferably zip them into a single file.

Mike

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/13/02 07:43 PM

Just wanted to say that despite not having heard anything about the SD card (or anything else) from the company I bought my KN7000 from, yesterday I received in the mail the SD card from them! I haven't checked out all the styles, but it does appear that at least some of them are the new KN7000 styles on the kn7000 site.

If anyone is having the trouble I had and hasn't receieved the SD card of styles, send me an email and I'll get them to you.

Regards,
Mike
Posted by: Bud Whipple

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/15/02 04:58 PM

A memo for Bob Hendershot....your SD card came into the dealership today from Technics and will be mailed to you. I couldn't load the contents because custom memory was already full, so I can't say how many styles were on the card. Dave didn't want to take the chance of losing his specials. Maybe he'll put the card in the mail tomorrow. Have fun.

Re: NEW RYTHUMS - 11/16/02 11:22 AM

Thank you Bud. Sorry for the delayed acknowledgement of your post. I’m afraid I am preoccupied with one of the few things that are more important to me than music. I doubt that I will be able to work with the styles for a couple of weeks. I’m already several days behind with email. I hope people will be patient with me. Tell David thanks for me next time you see him