SDExplorer for 98/ME

Posted by: Brian Goodison

SDExplorer for 98/ME - 12/08/04 12:44 PM

Hi All

I have now received the full version of SDExplorer V1-10 from Fred Mellink and I have got it up and running on my Microsoft ME system. I don,t think it as got all the "Bells and Whistles " of MicrosoftXP, but who cares as long as it does the work. It is good and it is fast. Well done Fred.
I was talking to Chris Whitehead at the Technics launch of the KN7000 and I asked him about the drag and drop file transferof songs from the computer to the keyboard using the then new SD Card and he stated that Technics were working on it for a future upgrade and we all know that will now not happen. So I think that with Fred Mellink and his partner developing the same sort of program for us all, at reasonable price , they deserve to be supported, Otherwise they might decide to go the same way as Technics and that would be a crying shame. So come on all those who have not got the program treat your self for Christmas you won't be sorry and it will give them a chance to develop it further

Regards

Brian

[This message has been edited by Brian Goodison (edited 12-08-2004).]
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: SDExplorer for 98/ME - 12/08/04 12:55 PM

Brian,

I second the motion.

Fran in Florida
Posted by: Joan

Re: SDExplorer for 98/ME - 12/08/04 01:13 PM

I agree, it's a great tool - you did us proud, Fred and Gert-Jan.

SD manipulation problems are now a thing of the past. Joan
Posted by: bruno123

Re: SDExplorer for 98/ME - 12/08/04 04:57 PM

Hi Brian, I to have windows 98 amd Me. Are you saying you have loaded the program into both your computers and it works. (Me and 98)
I want Fred's product, it sounds great.
Brian, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks, John C.
Posted by: RJB

Re: SDExplorer for 98/ME - 12/12/04 12:13 PM

SD Explorer works great on my XP notebook, but would like to know where do I get the version for win ME to use on the desktop ? Dick Bergin
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: SDExplorer for 98/ME - 12/13/04 06:52 AM

John,

I have two computers 98SE and XP. I cannot get the program to work on 98. Fred is trying to get the necessary info from Microsoft to make it compatible but 98 is an old OS and data difficult to get.

Dick,
If you cannot load the program on your ME,
there'only one update that I am aware of (1.1.0). Do you have the update? If not, and you are a registered user, download the update.

Fran in Florida
Posted by: Brian Goodison

Re: SDExplorer for 98/ME - 12/14/04 09:05 AM

Bruno
I am just referring to Microsoft ME and I proceeded as follows:-
I downloaded Freds demo version 1-10 and installed to my desktop. altered the default SD reader/writer drive (E) to the letter of MY reader drive (G).
Inserted an Empty SD card into the KN7000 ,which I formatted in the KN7000 and clicked load and named folder 99 "last folder".
I then took the SD card out of the KN7000 and put it in the card reader on the computer.
Clicked on drive "G".on the desktop folder "PRIVATE"appears.
RIGHT click on the "PRIVATE" folder and a menu appears with "Explore KN7000 SD Card" in its contents. left click on this and the main "SDExplorer " sceen appears with all folders from 1 to 99.
Now you are ready to go using the programs help files

Regards

Brian
Posted by: RJB

Re: SDExplorer for 98/ME - 12/14/04 06:11 PM

Thanks Fran for the help, but where do I get the SDExplorer version 1.1.0 update for Win Me ? I am a licensed user on my XP computer Dick Bergin