Happy Independence Day to all our American Friends

------------------
Willum
Posted by: Joan

Re: July 4th - 07/04/06 10:30 AM

Hi there - I second that greeting.....Joan
Posted by: Giovanni

Re: July 4th - 07/04/06 11:06 AM

Well said folks , to a great Nation and wonderful people .

Giovanni
Posted by: nsr007

Re: July 4th - 07/04/06 04:24 PM

Hi Bill et al -

Thank you for the well wishes. It has been a glorious day, as I look out from my deck to a lake and mountains filled with pine trees and cedars. I live in Northern California.

Best to you all -

Scott
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: July 4th - 07/04/06 07:42 PM

.. thank you all ... it has been a great day even here on the East coast of the US of A ....
t.

PS ... funny thing ... at the annual July 4th barbeque at my daughter and son-in-law's house, there were some friends of theirs from Spain, decked out in red, white, and blue ... someone commented "who doesn't celebrate Independence Day"? and someone else answered "the British"!!! ...
thnx again ....
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 07-04-2006).]

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 07-04-2006).]
Posted by: Walt Meyer

Re: July 4th - 07/05/06 05:00 AM

Thanks Bill,
We had a nice quiet 4th here in Silver City, New Mexico. There has been a fireworks ban because of the danger of fire due to the extreme drought for the past year.
We live near the southern border of the Gila National Forest and Wilderness area where about 50,000 acres have burned during the last month, some started by careless campers leaving campfires unattended, but most started by lightning. We get a lot of "dry lightning" here - lots of thunderstorms but no rain - up at the 5,000 to 7,000 foot elevations.
All are now under control and last night we had a gentle rain all night. The monsoon moisture finally arrived from the south so we should be all right for the rest of the summer.
Best regards to all,
Walt

[This message has been edited by Walt Meyer (edited 07-05-2006).]
Posted by: technicsplayer

Re: July 4th - 07/05/06 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
[B].. someone commented "who doesn't celebrate Independence Day"? and someone else answered "the British"!!! ...
B]

that's because the last Independence we had to celebrate was from the Romans circa 400AD...

nevertheless I hope the descendants and heirs of the Boston Tea Party have a good time
Posted by: etwo4788

Re: July 4th - 07/05/06 06:47 AM

ZONIES..... Many thanks to all you well-wishers....We Yanks are a proud bunch of patriots for the most part.

Over here in the South East Corner of New Mexico, U.S.A. The community of RV'rs here at "The Ranch" enjoyed Barbeque Chicken cooked on our outside grill....And a great selection of veggies & deserts.....We all ate too much food as usual & enjoyed every morsal!

Our Discovery space vehicle was successfully launched as well....An all around great day for the U.S.A.!

ELIZABETH