KN7000 newbie

Posted by: CoasterTim

KN7000 newbie - 05/27/03 12:03 PM

Dear Folks,

I've owned my KN7000 since October and just yesterday got the courage to go "public". It was merely a family get-together, but the first time I attempted playing for anyone else but myself. My relatives were wowed! Not so much by my playing, but by the keyboard! I've come to the realization that most people don't know that something like this even exists and it blows them away when they hear it! I certainly enjoyed showing it off for my extended family and now see why many of you find so much fulfillment in playing out at different venues. I need a lot more time to learn fingering for chords. My biggest problem is that I can hear the chord in my head, but I can't instantly reproduce it on the keys. I think this is where you guys will tell me that the answer is practice, practice, practice! Right? I'm working at it and someday I hope to be able submit one of my arrangements for you to hear. I love this forum and appreciate reading all your posts. You certainly are a great bunch!

Tim Schaeffer
Allentown, Pa
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: KN7000 newbie - 05/27/03 01:24 PM

Hi Tim
I am happy you are enjoying you 7000,I sure am.As far as chords are conscerned,you may not have discovered the "chord Finder". This is covered in "Getting the Most From Your KN7000" available through Technics. To find the chord finder,hit 'Mode" under the Autoplay Chord and then chordfinder on the lower right.

This may or may not be of help, but good luck with your 7000

Bernie
Posted by: Bud Whipple

Re: KN7000 newbie - 05/27/03 01:40 PM

Tim, you could also use the one finger chord technique while you practice your fingered chords. It's quite easy to learn, so you can get right back into public playing in no time.
Posted by: AlexGreen

Re: KN7000 newbie - 05/27/03 01:49 PM

Hi Tim;

Enjoy some of the best keyboard music on the internet.

Bill Forrest has this forum swinging with all the good music he sends out.

I do hope one day you be become one of our Technic performers.

Welcome aboard.
Alex
Posted by: lahawk

Re: KN7000 newbie - 05/27/03 02:05 PM

Glad to have you aboard, particularly since your from Allentown, Pa.

Larry Hawk
Allentown, Pa.
Posted by: Douglas Dean

Re: KN7000 newbie - 05/27/03 04:05 PM

Tim, do you read music at all or do you only play by ear? Knowing this will help us a great deal to help you. And welcome abord!

Grandpa Doug
Posted by: Ted Rose

Re: KN7000 newbie - 05/27/03 08:51 PM

Hey Tim! Welcome to the greatest Forum for all of us Technics "aficionados"! I think you will find here a wealth of information to help you as you progress in using your fabulous 7000. Don't hesitate to read older messages on previous pages, or click on the "search" button to find specific information you may be seeking. I am an "ear-player" and have no formal music training. I cannot sight read music, but I have learned, after much practice, how to read single notes individually. Like you, I hear chords in my head but, unlike you, I AM usually able to transfer those sounds to my fingers and they seem to fall on the right keys. Sometimes,however, the chords are strange and have nothing to do with the original music, but they sound fine to me. The suggestion to use the Chord Finder on the 7000 is a good one and, as time goes by, you will be amazed how many chords seem to come naturally within each key. For a long time, my preferred key was F, but I was determined to learn others and now I have "mastered" Eb and Ab and the chords within those keys come easily and I can now even transpose from one key to the other. So, keep playing and trying; the magic of the instrument itself will more than compensate for any shortcomings you think you have in your playing technique. Don't be shy asking questions here on the Forum, Tim. Even if they have been posted or answered before, the members of this great Forum are always willing to reply again, if necessary, or refer you back to previous message threads. So, again, welcome, my friend! You are now a member (or at least a junior member ) of the great Technics Forum! We look forward to hearing more from you.

Ted

Re: KN7000 newbie - 05/27/03 09:03 PM

That has got to be the shortest message ever from Grandpa...
maybe it's window cleaning time and Ruthie has the bucket and rags ready for him...

Do you do windows Doug ?

Re: KN7000 newbie - 05/28/03 10:19 AM

Ruthie does a window when she can't see out of it anymore. Some windows we never look out of.

Grampa Doug

Re: KN7000 newbie - 05/28/03 10:25 AM

Ruthie did a window the other day. She said we should look into replacing them. I asked why. She said after she cleaned it, it was still fuzzy when looks out. I said maybe we should do something about your cataracts.

Grandpa Doug

Re: KN7000 newbie - 05/28/03 10:27 AM

I clean the window on my computer. Still seems to help a little.

Grandpa Doug

Re: KN7000 newbie - 05/28/03 05:13 PM

There is something about a window-washer that makes people stop and look. His work is so basic and manual and yet draws attention from anyone passing by. if only for a few seconds at a time, window-washers regularly have audiences of one or two, like some kind of street-performer.

I wonder why ?

Re: KN7000 newbie - 05/28/03 06:05 PM

Maybe it’s like paperhanging. I watch paperhangers and window washers because they make the job seem super simple. Me? It takes me twice as long to cleanup the mess I make than to do the job. Come on Larry, how did you ever get me so far off subject?

Grandpa Doug
Posted by: CoasterTim

Re: KN7000 newbie - 05/29/03 08:01 AM

Hmm...let's see...paperhanging, window-washing, or keyboarding...tough choice!

(You know the topic's taken a turn south when a guy replies to his own post!

I still like you guys, though!
Tim

Re: KN7000 newbie - 05/29/03 11:51 AM

I'm just trying to get Doug going on one of his "Rants" and I'm not having much luck. I was hoping he would at least give you a little bit of his famous writings on the virtue of life.

AND speaking of wallpapering...guess what I do for a living ?

Hey that would be an interesting subject..to find what all our members do, or did to put food on the table. My guess for Gramps was Salesman of some kind... .

Maybe this would be better as a new topic.."My Job"

SeeYA
Larry Hawk
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: KN7000 newbie - 05/29/03 12:35 PM

Hi Larry,
Quote "Hey that would be an interesting subject..to find what all our members do, or did to put food on the table. My guess for Gramps was Salesman of some kind..."
Click on the profile Icon

------------------
Willum

Re: KN7000 newbie - 05/29/03 12:57 PM