Saving songs on the KN6000

Posted by: Tom NL

Saving songs on the KN6000 - 02/07/05 11:29 AM

Hello my friends,
Although I have my KN6000 for a year and a half now, I still find out something new every now and then.

A few days ago I saw that you can save up to ten songs (midi or sequenced by yourself) in the KN6000. I was delighted, because a like to play along with a midifile sometimes, but loading a file from a floppy everytime is a bit of a nuisance.

I turned off the unit and switched it back on after a few minutes and the songs were still there! Exactly one of the reasons for getting a new keyboard was no longer there.... But alas, the next day the memory was empty again, while the main power was still connected. I'm not sure how long it takes, so it could even be erased within an hour or so.

My question is: does the KN6000 have a battery on it's CPU to keep the user memory powered? And does the KN7000 behave in the same way? I guess it is not that big of a problem on the KN7 because of it's SD card storage.

------------------
Tom NL
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Saving songs on the KN6000 - 02/07/05 12:18 PM

Hi Tom.
The KN2600 does not retain it's memory for long periods.But I think the songs can be saved in the SD card.
Regards.Joe.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Saving songs on the KN6000 - 02/07/05 12:23 PM

Hi Tom.
It's a while since I had a Kn6000, but I think it retains settings only for about 80mins once you have switched off, so you must save them to floppie if you wish to keep them permanently.

Peter B
Posted by: Keyboardcapers

Re: Saving songs on the KN6000 - 02/07/05 03:10 PM

Good evening Tom

I downloaded and saved 64 midi files on to one floppy and I am sure it would of taken more. On the KN6000 recorded by yourself normally holds for about 80 minutes. On the KN7000 in which I have now it does'nt seem to hold at all.

Yours musically

Keyboardcapers
Posted by: Mark, Michie & Luce

Re: Saving songs on the KN6000 - 02/08/05 12:57 AM

A possible reply,

The 6K, as I'm looking at it, can save a maximum of 10 songs per file set. Multiply that by 20 sets and it makes 200. The only problem seems to be that if you send the files to a person with a different model it might not work.

Maybe, just maybe, those now redundant people at Technics didn't quite work that one out. For instance, Luce can send me a file set played on her 7K but I can't play it.

I wish you well, but remember your limitations.

Yours,

Mark
Posted by: Tom NL

Re: Saving songs on the KN6000 - 02/08/05 11:37 AM

Thanks a lot you guys!

It is obvious that there is nothing wrong with my keyboard. The manual just wasn't quite clear on this.

I know it is a luxury problem to wait a few seconds (!) for a song to load from floppy. But we are so 'spoiled' these days knowing that flash memory takes almost no time at all to save and load.

Regards,

------------------
Tom NL