O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today

Posted by: BEBOP

O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 02/27/07 08:29 AM

I often wonder if I am the oldest dude in this forum or if there are any of you fine musicians older then me?
To any of you that are older then me how long have you been playing music and on what instruments?
I was started on Piano lessons when I was just passed 5 so it is 70 years of music for me. I have studied and played most all instruments over the years but worked only using Piano, Organ, Accordion, trumpet, Tenor/Clarinet and guitar.
I started out my big band life in the 5th grade playing Cymbals until I got my first trumpet, an OLDS Ambassador, because Charley Spivak played one and was my idol
I think this starts my 8th year in the Synthzone too
Best to all,
Bebop

------------------
BEBOP
Senior Member SYNTHZONE FORUMS Retired Moderator of Technics Forum. Starting member of Yamaha Arranger (tyros) Forum
Bill Forrest in Central CALIF. USA
ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/
Posted by: Walt Meyer

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 02/27/07 08:48 AM

<<<>>>
Not quite Bill, I'll be 82 in May.
Happy playing,
Walt
Posted by: Walt Meyer

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 02/27/07 08:51 AM

Oops, Forgot to wish you Happy Birthday!
Walt
Posted by: Giovanni

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 02/27/07 09:15 AM

Happy Birthday BEBOP .

It's the music in you that keeps you young!!

Best Regards ..........Giovanni
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 02/27/07 09:16 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and many, many, more BeBop ...
t.
Posted by: Bob Hendershot

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 02/27/07 09:22 AM

You're just a youngster, Bill. Lots of older folks here (including me). There's lots of birthdays still on the horizon with music in our hearts.
Posted by: Bud Whipple

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 02/27/07 10:10 AM

SmileyCentral.com
Happy birthday, Bebop!! You're 9 years older than me and Lord willing, you'll stay that way for many years to come. I'm shooting for 130 myself, so hang in there! I grew up in a home with music all around me, but didn't start playing until I bought a guitar and amp from a Sears catalog when I was 24. Never really developed any talent at music, but I keep hoping. There are a few people who can put up with my playing, so I'm happy. And, if playing music is all it takes to be happy, I'll play until my fingers fall off. Have a great birthday, Bill!!
Posted by: Joe Baron

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 02/27/07 10:34 AM

BEBOP:
I often wonder if I am the oldest dude in this forum.

I got you beat Bill you have posted three times about my age and say I am 75.WRONG.
I will be 79 in June.Thanks though for wishing me younger than I am.
Have a great day.
Regards.
Joe.
Posted by: Fran D

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 02/27/07 11:27 AM

Bebop,

You are a household word in this forum and not because of age, but your contributions. I am 80+ and a lot younger than Walt.
Started playing many years ago with a Hammond Chord Organ in Alaska. Can't say that I have improved much, but I have had a lot of fun trying without formal lessons.

I know that I and the other 40+ attending the Florida Keyboard Conference would love to have you attend. Maybe you can hitch a ride with Glen Smith in his motor home.

Fran in SC
Posted by: Fran D

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 02/27/07 11:30 AM

Walt and I suffer from that same disease (forgot). Maybe it starts at 80??

Happy birthday Bebop.

Fran in SC
Posted by: bruno123

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 02/27/07 05:55 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BEBOP:
[B]I often wonder if I am the oldest dude in this forum or if there are any of you fine musicians older then me?
To any of you that are older then me how long have you been playing music and on what instruments?
Well Bebop, I started sing and playing guitar at age twelve. Started playing professionally in my twenties I’ve been playing ever since.

And yes I do have you by a few months. It was not to long ago that I was one of the younger guys. On the bright side, it is a blessing to reach the age of 75 --- and feeling pretty good is an additional blessing.

Happy Birthday my friend
John C.
Posted by: etwo4788

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 02/28/07 06:00 AM

BEBOP.... Many happy returns & many more! I too beat you to 75 a few months ago.....

Although music/entertaining has always existed within I am self-taught. I have been playing keyboard for about 12 years. Learned to read only the treble clef at age 10...I wanted to sing & knew all I needed was the melody!

In the few years I have been playing, have owned 5 Technics...still have the 6K & the AWESOME 7K! Playing with & for others fills my soul with joy!

My only home for 23 years has been a Motor Home. I know you have one too! I don't know Glen Smith....who apparently also has a MoHo....

I would love to be at the KB jam in FL in March.....but way to far from S.E. NM to drive my MoHo for only a couple of days! For a week or two I might give it a go!

Y'all have fun!

ELIZABETH
Posted by: D.Munson

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 02/28/07 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
I often wonder if I am the oldest dude in this forum or if there are any of you fine musicians older then me?
I was started on Piano lessons when I was just passed 5 so it is 70 years of music for me. I have studied and played most all instruments over the years but worked only using Piano, Organ, Accordion, trumpet, Tenor/Clarinet and guitar.
I started out my big band life in the 5th grade playing Cymbals until I got my first trumpet, an OLDS Ambassador, because Charley Spivak played one and was my idol
I think this starts my 8th year in the Synthzone too
Best to all,
Bebop

Happy Birthday Bebop,from the replies you got it would appear that I beat the lot of you for age being 83 going on 84 come May.
I started my music on the piano when I was about 10 years old, and then onto accordions
of which I had about five over the years, finally switching to organs then keyboards from the late 70's

Derek
Posted by: casarosa

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 02/28/07 11:42 AM

Happy 75th Birthday and Best Wishes
From
Pete Dale
Costa Calida Spain

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 02/28/07 03:16 PM

Thank you to all you wonderful people that posted and/or emailed a birthday greeting to me for my 75th birthday. I was truly blessed by your kind remarks. I did receive over a hundred BD greetings on the Synthzone GA and Technics Forums including emails.
I will let you know when I hit 100 and maybe we can do it again
OLD Bebop loves all y'all
Best to all of you.
Bebop
Posted by: dpeisic

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 03/06/07 03:51 PM

Happy birthday from Doron.

I trust that music do work for us all.

Kind regards,
Doron

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 03/07/07 06:50 PM

thank you Doron,
Bebop
Posted by: RJB

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 03/08/07 05:30 PM

Hey there mr. Bebop, here comes your friendly vet offering a very tardy happy ! happy ! Better late than never. Hope you three are enjoying the coach. Dick Bergin

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 03/09/07 08:55 AM

HI there Doc Bergin,
I wonder what had happened to you. I have not heard from you in a year and note that you have now dropped off my email list through attrition.
Thanks for the BD greeting.
Hope you are well,
Best to you and yours,
Bebop
Posted by: RMepstead

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 03/09/07 10:39 AM

Hi Bebop - maybe I'm the youngest...do you think...!
Rog

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 03/10/07 09:20 AM

Well Roger, if you are not the youngest don't despair because you sure are one of the nicest
when you coming over to San Jose to visit us again?
If you are going to the East Coast Jam, maybe you could just run by here too
Best to you and all my technics friends in this forum
Bebop
Posted by: fmlk

Re: O.T.....Bebop's 75th Birthday today - 04/12/07 10:12 AM

Hi Bill

In vain I tried to send email and the link to your website also fails. Do you have problems with your provider? Or other problems? Since 22-March I lost contact and get worried a bit.

------------------