Kn7000 site Down?

Posted by: AnthonyCian

Kn7000 site Down? - 08/06/05 08:42 AM

Anyone know why the http://www.technicskn7000.com/home.asp is down? This has happened before but came back online. Just curious to know if this temporary or permanent.

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 08-06-2005).]
Posted by: KeithB

Re: Kn7000 site Down? - 08/06/05 04:13 PM

see: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/kn7000/message/4055

Keith
Posted by: AnthonyCian

Re: Kn7000 site Down? - 08/06/05 10:43 PM

Thanks Keith!!!
AC
Posted by: technicsplayer

Re: Kn7000 site Down? - 08/08/05 01:45 AM

technicskn7000.com has gone forever since no more hosting fees will be forthcoming.
Posted by: lahawk

Re: Kn7000 site Down? - 08/08/05 11:58 AM

What about Technote.com ?
Nothing.

I know they changed to Technotemusic.com to promote their own organs but does that mean the original Technote site is finished?

No more software and accessories from Technote for Technics?

I quess all these Technics sites shutting down truly mark the end.

Thanks
Larry Hawk
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: Kn7000 site Down? - 08/09/05 04:13 AM

Hi Alec,

Further to your recent post, indicating that the web site has closed, I have around 90 MB of webspace currently available, which is free from any hosting fees. I would be willing to make this space available to post the files, if you still have the basic file data which was on the KN7000 site. If 90 MB is not sufficient space, I can obtain another complete website with total space of 150 MB - again free of hosting fees.

I realise that most current members of Synthzone have probably downloaded many of the files which were available, but it seems a shame not to make them available to people who have not had this privilege.

I don't know if there are any copyright issues...........

What are your thoughts ??

Cheers

------------------
Willum

Re: Kn7000 site Down? - 08/09/05 04:19 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lahawk:
[B]What about Technote.com ?

they are changing servers so will be down a few days but can still be reached via http://www.musicextras.com/home.asp

Re: Kn7000 site Down? - 08/09/05 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
[B]Hi Alec,
What are your thoughts ??
/B]

the styles will still be Panasonic copyright even though EMID has closed. I would not imagine they would mind but can't say for sure, but you would have to disclose sources etc to remain legal. The original customs are all on the cd that came with my 'Getting The Most From Your KN7000' book, and naturally I have all the updates archived. However just the 2 main sd backup files are nearly 50MB, so without actually working it out 150MB may not be enough for everything.
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: Kn7000 site Down? - 08/09/05 05:02 PM

Thanks for your reply Alec. I've emailed Panasonic outlining my offer and asked for their reaction. Meanwhile, I've had a look at the content of your CD and would suggest the following files be included - subject to Panasonic's permission.
Backups Folder : 21.7MB
KN2000 preset styles Folder : 2.98MB
KN3000 preset styles Folder : 2.34MB
KN5000 preset styles Folder : 4.71MB
KN6500 preset styles Folder : 2.91MB
KN7000 new styles Folder : 2.63MB
Cleared Custom Folder : 302KB
Adding the KN2600 preset styles, in .sdb format, which I downloaded from the kn7000.com site some time ago : 3.72MB

Total space approx 41.5MB

Including the 'Total KN7000 64MB Card' file in Zip format, would add a further 17.13MB, raising the total required space to around 59MB.

I realise that there is some duplication of files, but this does allow some flexibility to users, who may only require styles from particular KN models.

The above does not include the Promotional Slideshow, .WAV and MP3 files, which are on the CD. However, I don't recall these being available on the KN7000.com website.

I tried to contact you by email, rather than clog up the forum with this content, but my message was bounced back as undeliverable - I assume you have changed your address

------------------
Willum

Re: Kn7000 site Down? - 08/09/05 05:37 PM

the book cd has contents, demos and "music in screen" slideshows exclusive to the book, obviously this content is not applicable to this discussion, and is copyrighted and should not be reproduced.

The original styles in custom and single custom format and sd backups require around 40MB of space. Additionally the styles were increased later and composer/panel memory versions added in self extractor (and zip for Mac owners) versions for PR piano as well as 7k/2400 etc. This requires maybe 80MB of space. The sd backups require maybe an additional 50Mb of space. Since Technote had exclusive rights to retail a sd card pre-copied with the styles their permission would also probably be required.
Posted by: shcox

Re: Kn7000 site Down? - 08/11/05 06:06 AM

Hi all,

This is so sad. Now that Technics has stopped supporting the site our Technics Instruments are truely without a home.

Yet it is now when we will need that support the most. But alas they can not continue to put money into dead products.

They have moved on I guess we need to also.

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54
Posted by: Walt Tenay

Re: Kn7000 site Down? - 08/12/05 08:08 AM

Hi Heather,

All is not lost, although Technics keyboard division has faded into the sunset there are
still a large supply of info available from our members for newbies, I continue to sell
Technics - from trade-in etc, and all the products unique to Technics like SD cards, styles, expression pedals, sustain pedals, parts, boards, keys, cases and will continue as long as items are available.

The How Do I Do That - extended manual keeps on going and going - Amazing!!!

Remember how those long lost TV shows that
were buried in a vault somewhere showed up.
I have the last of the KN7000 videos, USA and KN6000 Part One and Two. These videos will not be reproduced.

The Getting To Know Your KN7000 book has been discontinued and no reprints are expected due to cost per book.

Parts for the KN7000 still remain available
and also for the KN6000/KN6500. Most parts can be purchased from the National Parts Ctr at: 1-800-833-9626. If you dont know your part number they will get one for you.

Some parts must be ordered with a control number from Tech Service at: 1-800-458-5397, and may have to be ordered from a dealer or repair person.

With regards to the free style site that has hosted and supported by Technote, it had been up for over 18 months, and nothing unfortunately nothing last forever.

My last conversation with Technote USA recently indicated to me they have no plans to offer these styles for free any longer or
wish to offer them to any non commercial web site, since as someone mentioned in an earlier post, they are now and have been for sale on three different cards for the KN7000/KN2600 along with floppy diskS for other models.

We can still think of moving on, with our trusty mount, but perhaps will less apprehension.

Regards,

Walt Tenay
Walt Tenay Keyoard Studios

Quote:
Originally posted by shcox:
Hi all,

This is so sad. Now that Technics has stopped supporting the site our Technics Instruments are truely without a home.

Yet it is now when we will need that support the most. But alas they can not continue to put money into dead products.

They have moved on I guess we need to also.

Posted by: asky

Re: Kn7000 site Down? - 11/20/05 11:24 AM

can anyone tell me where i can find KN2000 preset styles??

I really really need it!!!
Posted by: nsr007

Re: Kn7000 site Down? - 11/20/05 06:06 PM

You guys are not only incredibly helpful but also generous. I recently purchased a UK KN7000 that is currently being converted to a US model. I STRONGLY recommend that members not buy a keyboard with this problem. It is not only costly but also time consuming. Anyway, I am still without the KN7000 but should soon have it with the conversion in place. I have a very capable man doing the conversion. Unfortunately, he is 120 miles away from me. With all this said, I will be much interested in the styles of the previous KN keyboards, along with other styles available. With your posts, I hope I am not too late in acquiring everything. You may see a post or two, begging on a street corner for help in the near future. :confused Thanks for everyone's generosity on this forum.