"World Premiere" KN7000 at Frankfurt....

Posted by: Nimrod

"World Premiere" KN7000 at Frankfurt.... - 02/03/02 03:54 PM

Well, I'm not sure if everyone has seen this bit of info, but it looks like the KN7000 will be announced at Frankfurt (13-17 March - Messe Musik)

Here is the Text from the Site translated in English:

World premiere

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"""""""""Technics presents for the first time on the Frankfurt music fair 2002 the new Top Keyboard sx-KN7000.
In the context of 15-minute presentation Shows in hall 5,0, status B 16 one can provide a first impression of the new Technics flagship, which starting from "autumn 2002" should be available.

If you require closer information to the new sx-KN7000, then you can be able to be registered here. As soon as folders are present to the new Top model, get these then sent"""""""

Link to the site Taiyo Music

Main Page

Well, its the first I've heard of a KN7000. (I've already registered my name for a brochure

Nimrod

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited 02-03-2002).]
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: "World Premiere" KN7000 at Frankfurt.... - 02/03/02 08:14 PM

Nimrod ..... does taiyo have an English language site? I would love to register for a brochure.......
thnx,
t.
Posted by: Bob Hendershot

Re: "World Premiere" KN7000 at Frankfurt.... - 02/03/02 08:50 PM

If the release in Europe is Autumn, those of us in the U.S. will probably have to wait till about Christmas 2002. I had hoped for an earlier production release.
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: "World Premiere" KN7000 at Frankfurt.... - 02/03/02 09:47 PM

At last we got a sign, and we don't have to
speculate about if there will be any more new
Technics KN's. Now we can start ponder about
what new features it will be.....
.. and Bob, you know, time go fast, it's only
11 months before St.Claus is coming back to
town
GJ

Ooppss..... correction, and even better,
it's 'only' 10 1/2 months.....

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 02-04-2002).]
Posted by: Bud Whipple

Re: "World Premiere" KN7000 at Frankfurt.... - 02/04/02 09:23 AM

My dealer told me last Friday that a new KN7000 was on the way, but couldn't get any info on the introduction date or even any new features. There was mention of a mass storage device, but he couldn't find out if it was a HD or a CD-RW. Either one would make me consider trading in. One can only hope. Maybe an onboard computer that could tell me when I'm doing something wrong and make suggestions to correct my ignorance. Beam me up, Scottie!
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: "World Premiere" KN7000 at Frankfurt.... - 02/04/02 10:56 AM

Nimrod: Wonderful to read finally 'in print' that the KN7000 will finally be released in Autumn. More exciting is the prospect that the KN7000 will be unveiled at Musik Messe in Germany next month (March). Is anyone here planning on attending? It would be great to get a report and see some pics of the KN7000 as well.

Bud: I don't know if you were refering to me or not, but I'm certainly BEAMING with excitement about the upcoming KN7000.I just hope and pray that Technics learned their lesson and will include a hard drive this time (or at least give us the user the option to install our own) instead of requiring us to purchase that exhorbantly overpriced proprietary hard drive, and then have to pay even more for the hard drive backup/managament software too. Arranger keyboard competitors (Yamaha 9000pro, Ketron Solton SD1, Korg PA80 etc) allow you to install MUCH cheaper 'off the shelf' generic type hard drives. Unless Technics follows suit, they may lose the ongoing arranger keyboard battle. It will also be interesting to see if the KN7000 will include the CD-RW audio recording cababilities that the upcoming GEM Genesis sports. The speculation and debate continues

- Scott http://scottyee.com

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 02-04-2002).]
Posted by: Bob Hendershot

Re: "World Premiere" KN7000 at Frankfurt.... - 02/04/02 11:35 AM

I would be happy with removable flash memory like a standard compact flash card that could be moved to and from a computer. You can get a lot of stuff on a 128Meg module, and they're dirt cheap.

[This message has been edited by Bob Hendershot (edited 02-04-2002).]
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: "World Premiere" KN7000 at Frankfurt.... - 02/04/02 10:52 PM

After following Nimrod's link, I repeated
the essense of the message about the new KN
at Technote's forum.
Shortly afterwards I got a mail from Germany
where I was asked to correct some info in my
post who was wrong. This info is added.

Quote:
In August leaflets and detailed informations
will be there at first. The KN7000 will be
there for sale in autumn, perhaps september,
perhaps november...
End quote.

So as we see, the scedual for when we will
see it by the dealer is a kind of "wide".
Some years ago a similiar presentation was
done in Frankfurt, not sure what KN, but then
the keyboard was availiable here at June
Anyway, it's always exciting to see what's
coming up.
Hopefully all the work to fill my KN's HD is
not wasted in the way that it will not be any
good conversions if I deside to buy the new
one.
GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 02-04-2002).]
Posted by: Nimrod

Re: "World Premiere" KN7000 at Frankfurt.... - 02/04/02 11:55 PM

Gunner, I think it will be worth waiting for - whenever it comes out. If it takes longer to come in the shops, then I will have more cash to spare. If we are talking late in the year, then Technics may be resorting back to their "flagship "KN" every two year" approach.

Oh and as for the link Gunner, they seem to be having a hitch or two!.

Nimrod

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited 02-05-2002).]