Mic Reverb Setting

Posted by: Bernie9

Mic Reverb Setting - 11/30/06 11:23 AM

I know this thread was posted a while back, but I cannot figure out how to freeze a mic setting. Every time I load a new style it reverts back to default.

One more time please.

Bernie
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: Mic Reverb Setting - 11/30/06 02:11 PM

Try a Forum search using 'mic settings' as the search string - there are lots of topics....
for example : http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/000525.html
Posted by: bruno123

Re: Mic Reverb Setting - 12/01/06 12:29 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bernie9:
[B]I know this thread was posted a while back, but I cannot figure out how to freeze a mic setting. Every time I load a new style it reverts back to default.

One more time please.

Hi Bernie, I struggled with the same problem – If I am remembering correctly I found my answer in the protection/freeze area and in the Registration memory. I did have it working without losing my settings, but---- there were times when I loaded a file from another person the reverb settings changed.

I posted this before;
I needed to send a signal to my JBLs powered speakers A and B (Stereo) I also needed to send a third signal to a sub, I used the sub outlets of my Kn7.

Worked fine – I took it to the party I was playing, set up my keyboard and all worked just fine, the two speakers and my sub did what I wanted them to do. The dancer really seemed to like the sub set-up, they were really getting into it. Then---- I loaded a midi file – which I really do – the music started, the dancers turned towards me --- the sub had stopped operating. Aaaaaah.

Same problem, somewhere, somehow the sub settings had to be set to freeze.

John C.

Re: Mic Reverb Setting - 12/01/06 04:10 AM

Thank you for your response, but all has failed. No matter what I do in extended mode and data protection has kept the mic settings the same when I load new regs from SD card.

Maybe someone like Alec has the answer.
Posted by: technicsplayer

Re: Mic Reverb Setting - 12/01/06 06:05 AM

not really enough information for an answer but try this:

initialise the 7k.
save a normal performance save in a temp file.
press and hold panel set, confirm in expand with page 2 mic set to off.
press customise, data protection, set mic to on and ok in the screen.
press and hold mic and confirm the default of room, 99, 100, this is what is saved and will be loaded from your temp file.

change to karaoke, 30, 20.

press load, temp file, page 2, set effect memory to no, and load.
press and hold mic - settings remain and have not changed to those in the loaded file.

Re: Mic Reverb Setting - 12/01/06 06:58 AM

Thanks Alec

It works as you said,but when I load another file,it changes, presumably because it was saved in extended mode with p2 effects "on". Of course, if I remember to go to p2 and switch effects off before loading, I am okay.

Re: Mic Reverb Setting - 12/01/06 07:46 AM

I never saw this for a VERY long time because I always selectivley save and there are so many hundreds of preset effects that I almost never had to edit a dsp etc to achieve what I wanted so almost never saved the effect file with all my files. Thus without loading effect I never had a mic problem.

Re: Mic Reverb Setting - 12/01/06 07:56 AM

Right you are,Alec.
The only small consolation I have is that I am not alone. I know of many members that automatically keep effects checked, and save in extended mode.

It looks like my only recourse now is to deselect effects before loading, or resave my vocal files.
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: Mic Reverb Setting - 12/01/06 02:44 PM

Technote did a feature on mic setting in the TechPlus magazine a few months ago and I followed their instructions and then saved to Floppy Disk (as suggested by them). By doing this, you can have as many varied settings as the floppy will hold and always, but ALWAYS be assured to get your choice on loading.

I still have the magazine somewhere, if I can find it, I'll let you know and maybe post on this site - if space will permit.

Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 12-01-2006).]

Re: Mic Reverb Setting - 12/02/06 02:47 AM

maybe in the Dec 03, Feb 04 and Apr 04 issues?... one guess who wrote them

Re: Mic Reverb Setting - 12/02/06 10:25 AM

Thanks Audrey

I don't know if it would help me with the missaved files, but I would like to see it nontheless.

Bernie
Posted by: Fran D

Re: Mic Reverb Setting - 12/03/06 02:24 AM

Bernie,

I have all of the Techplus issues and Alec's great tutorials. If Audrey cannot find the articles I will forward or bring to the Florida Keyboard Convention in March.

Fran in SC
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: Mic Reverb Setting - 12/03/06 02:48 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have looked through my TechPlus magazines which only go back to 2002 and those mentioned by Alec are missing, so I can only think that one of the Keyboard Members have them. I will ask at our next meeting but meanwhile perhaps you would like to take Fran up on the offer to take them to the next Florida Keyboard Convention - if you're going of course.

I also have a CD with TechPlus back Isues and Workshops on it. I'll take a look at that as well. Unfortunately, I'm extremely busy at the moment preparing for Christmas parties and 'gigs' so can't say exactly when I'll get around to it. If that sounds like I'm complaining, believe me I am not. I love Christmas time, not so much the glitter and glamour but the silly things like the Snoman that shivers, The Pig that sings "Santa Baby" etc., We have two small children (3 & 6yr old) living next door to us and we always invite them in to have a look at the Christmas Tree (where if they're lucky! they might find a small present that arrived early) and to see their little faces brings back so many happy memories of my own children when they were young. Yes! Christmas is definitely my time of the year.

Hope you get what your're looking for Bernie.

Audrey
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: Mic Reverb Setting - 12/04/06 03:50 AM

Hi Bernie,

I've got all three copies of Alec's tutorials. If it's OK with him, I'll scan them and email to you.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

Re: Mic Reverb Setting - 12/04/06 03:57 AM

Audrey,

Bernie will be at our Jam...He is one of the Star attractions.

Bernie,

I have all three issues regarding the microphone. I will bring to the Jam for you and others interested. If you need it sooner, let me know.

Alec,

Thanks for the reference. With my memory I would have to go thru each issue.

Fran in SC

Re: Mic Reverb Setting - 12/04/06 04:33 AM

Thank you all for your offers of help.

Bill
Luckily, there is a work around for most things,and I am running vocals direct through the Bose until I can get it sorted out. Since Alec and/or Technote may have a problem with reproduction, I wouldn't want you to go out on a limb. Your offer is most appreciated.

Fran

It might be a good topic anyway for the jam. March is fine.

Audrey, you are a dear. Enjoy your Christmas.

Best Wishes,
Bernie

Re: Mic Reverb Setting - 12/04/06 05:58 AM

Technics Player,

I would have e-mailed you but I have lost your address. Request permission to copy the three articles regarding the microphone in TechPlus rather than carry the magazines to the Florida Keyboard Convention.

I have received permission from Walt Tenay to make copies of "Editing Patterns in the Composer", "How Do I Do That", for use at the Convention.

Fran in SC

Re: Mic Reverb Setting - 12/04/06 08:57 AM

the copyright is owned by Technote Fran, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind a plug at your convention

Re: Mic Reverb Setting - 12/04/06 10:02 AM

Thanks Alec. Will give recognition like we do for Walt and your self.

Happy Holidays,

Fran in SC