New here.. Help please

Posted by: Anonymous

New here.. Help please - 06/21/06 02:48 AM

Just located your "Technics Forum" whilst chasing up info for SX-KN2000, without success, did'nt know "Technics" was even out of production as I've not played for a considerable time.. Have the keyboard out of mothballs and all was working great after I gave is a thorough service and clean out.. Just set it up for some practice and bumped the floppy disc I had sitting the disc drive, guess what drive no does not "see" a diskette as being in the drive, may have disturbed alignment. Problem is I have all service manual from every keyboard I've had but they're packed away and I cannot seem to locate them.. Is there anyone out there that would have a kn2000 service manual that could email me the pages relevant to repair/service of the floppy disk drive, hopefully I can then get it working, also I guess I should ask does anyone have a spare 720k DD drive for sale, or is it possible to fit a hard drive or external floppy to these as an alternative..

Any help greatly appreciated as I cannot access 15 years of saved work on my floppies otherwise, nor can I practice so I can play a special song or 2 for my daughters coming wedding. Many Thanks Rob
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: New here.. Help please - 06/21/06 03:06 AM

Hi Rob,

Try Here :
http://www.manuals-in-pdf.com/advanced_s...cc5da7&x=22&y=4

------------------
Willum
Posted by: Joe Baron

Re: New here.. Help please - 06/21/06 08:21 AM

posted by SilvaSurfa:
all was working great after I gave is a thorough service and clean out.. Just set it up for some practice and bumped the floppy disc I had sitting the disc drive, guess what drive no does not "see" a diskette as being in the drive,

Hi SilvaSurfa.
I had the same problem.I am sure the drive will be OK. The fault will a slipping belt on the floppy disk drive or a broken belt.
when the belt slips the floppy sends queer messages to the KN2000 screen, no disk in drive, for different keyboard, ETC.
Good luck!! the KN2000 is a great keyboard.
Kind regards.
Joe
Posted by: Bazz Woods

Re: New here.. Help please - 06/21/06 09:48 AM

Ahh Joe,

Good to see your still playin.

Cheers Barry