KN7000 Software Bug?

Posted by: manorcourt1991

KN7000 Software Bug? - 02/02/03 01:57 AM

Whilst attempting to replicate the settings of my KN6000 on my newly puchased KN7000 I came across an interesting problem. For my Home Page I use a screen with a picture insert. I have a floppy disk which has number of pictures to select from. All are 160w X 100h 256 color (8 bit) BMP files. On the 6000 all are displayed and any one of them can be loaded for use in the home page. On inserting the same disk in the 7000 only one file is displayed. Which file this is appears not connected to the alpha-numerics of the file name or the the date & time it was created. In fact when the same files were copied to another floppy a different file appeared at the 01: position but again only one file was displayed. The only way to be able to load a specific BMP file is to have it as the only file of this type on the disk. It would appear that the sub-routine for listing these files is terminating after finding only one such file. Any comment?

Cheers

Len C.
Posted by: John North

Re: KN7000 Software Bug? - 02/02/03 02:20 AM

Hi Len
You're quite right. I always include a picture on my KN7 that includes amongst other things, my Post Code etc (my feeble anti-theft device )
I discovered early on that the KN7 only recognizes 1 bmp file on a floppy at any oane time. I don't know the technical reason but it's not kept me awake at night
John
Posted by: Crysyl

Re: KN7000 Software Bug? - 02/02/03 03:37 AM

Hi,

it's no secret: Homepage settings and sound arranger datas from KN6000 or KN6500 cannot be loaded in the KN7000.

Best regards

Crysyl
Posted by: John North

Re: KN7000 Software Bug? - 02/02/03 07:14 AM

Hi Crysyl
Len is not necessarily referring to homepage settings from the KN6x00 models. It is simply that when several Bmp images are saved onto a floppy disc (whatever their source) and then the floppy is put into the KN7, the KN7 sees only one bmp image.
John

[This message has been edited by John North (edited 02-02-2003).]