KN2400 and SD Cards

Posted by: Rinus

KN2400 and SD Cards - 09/24/07 11:51 PM

Hi there!

For two weeks now I am the proud owner of the KN-2400. Now I would like to add some new styles. I have found the TOTAL KN700064.zip file which (as they say) contains many styles suitable for KN7000 and it's baby brother KN2400. However, the unzipped file is an SD-card backup and cannot be transfered to floppie without extracting.
Does anybody know how to extract this file and save the styles to floppie suitable for KN2400?
Posted by: technicsplayer

Re: KN2400 and SD Cards - 09/25/07 02:55 AM

It's a pity the official technicskn7000.com site has gone since I made all the styles on that site for download including all the floppy versions. I could email them to you if you have an account with large inbox but it would take several mails since the total would be something over 20MB and require 35 blank floppies for copying.

Two things you can do. The supplied free song manager program can restore the sdb file, just choose a folder on the pc as the destination instead of an sd card. The disadvantage of this is the raw files are within a folder structure without the index, you can drag and drop each folder contents to floppy but lose the names.

Alternatively Fred's pay program http://vision-4-life.nl/SDExplorer.htm can extract the sdb file to a folder on the pc keeping the names, so you just drag from the program window to a blank floppy.

[This message has been edited by technicsplayer (edited 09-25-2007).]
Posted by: Rinus

Re: KN2400 and SD Cards - 09/26/07 04:44 AM

Thank you very much! Everything works perfect and I can't keep my hands from the keyboard. I expect major problems when my wife comes home. Any suggestions for rapid housekeeping en cooking?
Posted by: technicsplayer

Re: KN2400 and SD Cards - 09/27/07 03:23 AM

you're very welcome