>New And Its Says The Same Thing. I Formatted It To 720k And Its says
>The Same Thing, I Format the Floppy Using The Keyboard It Recognized
>It But When I Try To Transfer The Midi From My Computer To The
>Floppy The Computer Does Not Recognized The Floppy And Ask Me To
>Format The Floppy. Need Help Please
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/08/07 07:23 AM

Hello Kelmijoel,

When I download midi files, I save it to 'Desktop' then I insert a new floppy disk, right click, scroll down to 'Copy Disk' and press o.k. Once the data has been copied to the floppy, put it in the KN2000 and load making sure you are loading to SMF
(Standard Midi File) and NOT to Technics Format.

Hope this helps.

Audrey
Posted by: kelmijoel

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/08/07 08:02 AM

Its Still The Same Thing, Same Message, Like The Floppy Its Not For This Keyboard
Even If I Put A New Floppy I Including Put A Tape On The Floppy And Its Still The Same Problem, If I Format The Floppy Using The Keyboard The Keyboard Recognized The Floppy Really Good, But When I Go To The Computer To Put A Midi In The Floppy The Computer Doesnt Reconized The Floppy And Ask You To Format The Floppy And How Do I Make The Keyboard Look For SMF.

Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
Hello Kelmijoel,

When I download midi files, I save it to 'Desktop' then I insert a new floppy disk, right click, scroll down to 'Copy Disk' and press o.k. Once the data has been copied to the floppy, put it in the KN2000 and load making sure you are loading to SMF
(Standard Midi File) and NOT to Technics Format.

Hope this helps.

Audrey
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/08/07 08:40 AM

Hi

Your problem may be similiar like what's described and
solved in this post:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/004350.html

Good luck and Happy Playing
GJ

Btw, this sort of problems are most likely due to bad
compability between old and new OS and hardware.
It's a big step from old 8 or 16 bits OS and software to
i.e. 64 bits Vista etc.

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 07-08-2007).]

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/08/07 03:51 PM

Hello again,

I think the problem could be the floppies you are using. If I remember correctly the first keyboards to use floppies for data storage used 2DD, so if you are using 2HD whatever you do will not work because they will not be comapitable with your KN2000. Sadly the 2DD floppies are no longer available in the shops but you could try Cash Converter, Second-hand shops or even car boot sales.

I once got 10 fully loaded 2DD floppies from a car boot sale for my friend whose old organ used them. All we did was re-format them in his organ after which he was able to use them in the normal way.

Good luck!

Audrey
Posted by: Anthony Johnson

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/09/07 07:00 AM

Modern floppy Disks have two holes
The old original floppy Disks (when the KN2000 and SMAC 1200 were introduced) only had one.
Try covering the left hand hole with sticky tape - worked many times for me.
Best wishes,
Tony Sheffield

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/09/07 09:11 AM

Thanks Tony But I Already Did That Ans Its Still The Same Thing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Johnson:
Modern floppy Disks have two holes
The old original floppy Disks (when the KN2000 and SMAC 1200 were introduced) only had one.
Try covering the left hand hole with sticky tape - worked many times for me.
Best wishes,
Tony Sheffield

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/09/07 02:45 PM

I Will Try To Get The 2DD Floppy Another Question It Is Important To Have Windows 98 For Transfer And Format Floppy For Midi And Use It On KN2000 Or It Could Be Any Windows Cause I Have Windows Vista.
Quote:
Hello again,

I think the problem could be the floppies you are using. If I remember correctly the first keyboards to use floppies for data storage used 2DD, so if you are using 2HD whatever you do will not work because they will not be comapitable with your KN2000. Sadly the 2DD floppies are no longer available in the shops but you could try Cash Converter, Second-hand shops or even car boot sales.

I once got 10 fully loaded 2DD floppies from a car boot sale for my friend whose old organ used them. All we did was re-format them in his organ after which he was able to use them in the normal way.

Good luck!

Audrey

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/09/07 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kelmijoel:
.... Another Question It Is Important To Have Windows 98 For Transfer And Format Floppy For Midi And Use It On KN2000 Or It Could Be Any Windows Cause I Have Windows Vista.

Hi.

In my reply above I refer to another tread who discuss similiar
problem as you have.
The solution that time was to use Win98. (Win2000 will do fine too)
It's all about bits and bytes.

Happy Playing
GJ

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/11/07 11:32 AM

I Got A New 2DD Floppy And I Put It In The Keyboard And It Doesnt Work It Says The Same Message If I format The Floppy On The Keyboard It Work But When I Put It In My Computer I Doesnt Work The Floppy

Quote:
Hello again,

Good luck!

Audrey

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/12/07 05:59 AM

Hello I Hope You Can Tell Me More Tips To Resolve My Issue, I Got A 2DD Floppy And Format It On The Keyboard And Its Working On The Keyboard I Went To A Friends House To Transfer Midi Files From CD To Computer And from Computer To Floppy Using Windows 98 Cause I Tried Using My Laptop That Have Windows Vista And It Doesnt Recognized The Floppy, Well I Tried To Put Midis To The Floppy On Windows 98 It Goes On Blue Screen Saying That Unable to Write On Disk I Put Another One New And the Same Thing, We Tried To Use A Standard 2HD Disk Format It To 720k And The Same Thing, I Open Microsoft Word And Write Something And Save It To The Floppy And It's Saving On The Floppy So The Floppy Drive Is Working Fine What Can I Do?

In my reply above I refer to another tread who discuss similiar
problem as you have.
The solution that time was to use Win98. (Win2000 will do fine too)
It's all about bits and bytes.

Happy Playing
GJ[/B][/QUOTE]

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/12/07 08:20 PM

Hi.

Try download the files to your friends PC with Win98.
Format the diskette by use of Win98, then copy the files
stright to the diskette. Then try load into your KN2000.
I think it may be a compability problem because of old
and new DOS, not any faulty diskette or hardware.

Good Luck & Happy Playing
GJ

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/14/07 11:59 AM

If I Use A New And Format The Floppy Using The Computer The Keyboard Doesnt Reconized The Floppy And Give Me The Same Error Code 00 The Data On The Disk That You Are Using Is For A Different Product. I Have To Format The Floppy Using The Keyboard So The keyboard Recognize The Floppy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Hi.

Try download the files to your friends PC with Win98.
Format the diskette by use of Win98, then copy the files
stright to the diskette. Then try load into your KN2000.
I think it may be a compability problem because of old
and new DOS, not any faulty diskette or hardware.

Good Luck & Happy Playing
GJ
Posted by: Walter McLaren

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/15/07 12:17 AM

Vista, as XP, may not Format DD Disc's. This works on XP. Copy and Paste is easier.

To Format HDD Disc's in XP, open a Command and enter,

Format a: /t:80 /n:9 /a:1024 & cover 1.44 hole if needed

Walter.

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/15/07 03:21 AM

Thanks But I Did Everything And I Think This Keyboard Doesnt Work With Floppy Format It On Computers Case It Gaves Me The Same Error It Has To Be Formatted On The Keyboard Cause I Format The Floppy On Computers With 98, ME, 2000, XP And Vista And When I Put It On The Keyboard Its Says The Same Error 00 With The Message The Data On The Disk That You Are using Is For A Different Product.

Quote:
Originally posted by Walter McLaren:
Vista, as XP, may not Format DD Disc's. This works on XP. Copy and Paste is easier.

Walter.
Posted by: abacus

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/15/07 05:49 AM

I have just had a good read of your post, and what you may not be aware of is the fact that there is more then 1 type of Midi file, and not all keyboards (Particularly older models) can read all the different types, (An error message normally appears) therefore download some other Midi files from other sites and see if your KN2000 recognises these.
Hope this helps

Bill

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/15/07 11:28 AM

You're absolutely right abacus.
There are usually two types midifiles, format 0 and format 1.
If I remember it correctly, KN2000 can load and playback both, but
only "direct play" one of the types.

Cheers
GJ

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/15/07 12:43 PM

Let Me Rephrase It

I Did Everything And This Keyboard Doesnt Work With Floppy Formated On Computers Even New Ones, Cause It Gaves Me The Same Error It Has To Be Formatted On The Keyboard Cause I Format The Floppy On Computers With 98, ME, 2000, XP And Vista And When I Put It On The Keyboard Its Says The Same Error 00 With The Message The Data On The Disk That You Are using Is For A Different Product. If I Format The Floppy On The Keyboard And Load The Disk The Floppy Works But When I Put The Floppy In The Computer (Windows 98) And Try To Put Midi Its Goes On Blue Screen With The Message Unable To Write On Disk Even I I Download The Midi Over The Internet And Save It To Floppy Its Says The Same Thing If I Format The Floppy Using The Dos Prompt Command And Format The Floppy 2HD To 720 It Format The Floppy Ok But After The Floppy Has been Formated In The Pc And Put On The Keyboard With Nothing (Empty Floppy) It Gaves Me The Error 00 That Ive Been Telling

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
I have just had a good read of your post, and what you may not be aware of is the fact that there is more then 1 type of Midi file, and not all keyboards (Particularly older models) can read all the different types, (An error message normally appears) therefore download some other Midi files from other sites and see if your KN2000 recognises these.
Hope this helps

Bill
Posted by: abacus

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/15/07 02:28 PM

Are you using the supplied Technics software on the computer, as without it the computer would probably not recognise the Technics disc file format, which is used by the keyboard?
Hope this helps

Bill

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/15/07 02:31 PM

No I Dont Have Any Technics Software Can You Send Me One Or Where I Can Get it

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Are you using the supplied Technics software on the computer, as without it the computer would probably not recognise the Technics disc file format, which is used by the keyboard?
Hope this helps

Bill

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/15/07 02:48 PM

When I Tried To Format Hdd Disk On XP Using the Command Format a: /t:80 /n:9 /a:1024 If I Cover The hole It Doesnt Work If I Not Cover The Hole Theres An Error I Tried Twice With New Floppy

Quote:
Originally posted by Walter McLaren:

Walter.

Re: Sorry Its Floppy Load Problem - 07/19/07 03:18 AM

I always, but always, format my new disks/
SDs in my KN before using it. This ensures the KN can read it.

Go to MY COMPUTER, find the 'A' DRIVE, RIGHT CLICK on it and you should get a drop down box on which there is "COPY DISK" Click on this and you will be asked to "INSERT SOURCE DISK.

Load the Floppy Disk you want to copy and when the PC has finished copying it, you will be asked for the "DESTINATION". Here you should be able to copy either to another Floppy or to the PC hard-drive (or wherever you wish).

Try it, it just might work.

Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 07-19-2007).]