Style&Song convert

Posted by: WishToFly

Style&Song convert - 08/23/02 02:08 AM

Hi
Does anybody know where i can download a program to convert technics styles ?

and does anybody know how much a harddisk for a KN3000 costs ?

mfg
Posted by: technicsplayer

Re: Style&Song convert - 08/23/02 03:16 AM

do you mean conversion from other manufacturers formats like http://www.emc-software.de ?

hard drive for 3000 out of production 5 years now, will only be available used if you can find someone with one to sell.
Posted by: WishToFly

Re: Style&Song convert - 08/23/02 02:42 PM

I think of a program which can convert for example Styles and Songs from a KN800 to a KN3000 or from a KN3000 to a KN6000.
Just like the software of emp-software, but this program costs 99Euro - i'm searching a program for free if it's possible.

I don't mind taking a used harddisk. someone told me that i can just insert a normal notebook-harddisk into the KN3000. Does this work ?????

bye
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Style&Song convert - 08/23/02 10:51 PM

If you have a KN5000 and up, you'll find a
convert disk enclosed who take care of the
style convert for you.
There are no such programs as EMC downloadable
as freeware as far as I know about, only a
demo version.

No, you can't "just insert" a normal HD, it
would not work, unless you're a "genius" who
manage to rebuild and format the disk to work
with the KN3000.
Happy playing
GJ
Posted by: RMepstead

Re: Style&Song convert - 08/25/02 02:56 AM

Hi there
EMC software is a lot of money but for me it's been worth every penny...not only does it convert KNxxx to KNxxxx but it also converts Yamaha Solton Korg Roland etc etc style files to Technics KN.
In addition it makes a passable attempt at converting Midi files to style files which can be invaluable if only as a reference to lead you to the best standard rhythm.
If there are any KN style files that you particularly want converted send them to me (not millions!) telling me what they are currently and what you want them converted to...
Best wishes
Roger Mepstead - UK