EXPAND MODE FILTER

Posted by: Bernie9

EXPAND MODE FILTER - 03/31/03 03:41 AM

I have set up three banks of panel memories saved to SD with all items off except reverb and effects. They allow me to change instruments when playing midi tracks. It works fine when the expand filter is set to off.
The problem is I have to switch from all items on to off and it takes some time. For example, if the filter is all on, I can't change my panels at will without involving tempo and parts eventhough the panel memories were loaded from SD saved with filters off.

I tried to find a way in "Custom Panel" to set it up for a quick switch,but couldn't see how to.

Is there a way to quickly change filter settings, as you apparently have to in order to mix midi tunes with normal play ? The filters have to be on to load normal panels.

Re: EXPAND MODE FILTER - 03/31/03 08:13 AM

I have found a partial solution. If I turn the tempo and parts 1-16 off, it doesn't seem to change much.

Bernie
Posted by: technicsplayer

Re: EXPAND MODE FILTER - 03/31/03 12:41 PM

the filter settings are saved in current panel, so just save a current panel file on sd card for midi play. When you load any technics file you get back to your normal settings.

Re: EXPAND MODE FILTER - 03/31/03 02:59 PM

Alec
I saved a bank, one at a time, with off settings(exc rev,effect)in the exp mode. I hit SD save,p.2:current panel,3 bank, sound memory,effect memory=ON.Sequencer,composer etc.=OFF. Saved on SD. Loaded normal panel settings from elsewhere on SD.
Expanded Mode settings remained the same.
I tried it in reverse and manually turned all back to ON, reloaded midi settings;no change.

Sorry to be obtuse, but, why won't the stored settings on EXP MODE be recalled ?
Posted by: technicsplayer

Re: EXPAND MODE FILTER - 04/01/03 03:27 AM

you must have your data protection switched on.

go to the customise menu and switch panel memory expansion filter off in data protection.

then all you need to save is just the current panel on its own to bring back your favoured filter settings on top of any other panel settings.

Re: EXPAND MODE FILTER - 04/01/03 04:38 AM

Wonderful, Alec,
What a guy. It works great. Thank You.

Bernie