Americana SD Style Card

Posted by: Anonymous

Americana SD Style Card - 01/26/05 09:39 PM

Has anyone purchased the 170 new rhythm styles of the Americana series? I already have the Viking SD card that I purchased from Technote for $119.99.I was pleased with them. I'm curious if anyone has used the Americana series.Does the 30 banks of new performance pads work on my Kn2600? Also, do the 170 new styles have good presets? Are they really "new" styles? I'd like your input.
Posted by: Sandgroper

Re: Americana SD Style Card - 01/27/05 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnie:
Has anyone purchased the 170 new rhythm styles of the Americana series? I already have the Viking SD card that I purchased from Technote for $119.99.I was pleased with them. I'm curious if anyone has used the Americana series.Does the 30 banks of new performance pads work on my Kn2600? Also, do the 170 new styles have good presets? Are they really "new" styles? I'd like your input.

Hi Arnie
Yes I got them and I'm quite happy I did.
They are a re-release of an older series of Americana styles which were very expensive at the time. I got one of them for our KN3000 a few years ago and it cost about $70 Australian, only 5 styles on it so the whole set would have cost a fortune then.
Also got some great "solos " on them which can give you some ideas. The revoicing is pretty good too.
Regards
Eddie
Posted by: lahawk

Re: Americana SD Style Card - 01/27/05 02:51 PM

Being that the 2600 was released after the 7000, I would think that the 2600 would be able to play any style that the 7000 can.
I'm not sure if the "sounds' would be exactly the same on both however.

Usually compatible Technic keyboards search and try to substitute sounds as close as possible as to what was intended.If for an example the Americana disk used a rotor organ in one of their styles, and the 2600 does not have that exact rotor organ sound, it will substitute the closest matching sound.

So, as far as I know, they should work, although they may sound slightly different.
I would certainly double check with whoever you intend to purchace from before shelling out any money.

Larry Hawk
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: Americana SD Style Card - 01/27/05 04:26 PM

Hi Arnie,

I thought you might like to know that I had this Americana SD Card bought for me by my family for Christmas and although I haven't tried all that is offered on it yet, I have tried all the CUSTOMS and the PADS which can be found at the end of the Folders and they are brilliant particularly the Jazz Pads. Tonight I have been trying some of the Country styles offered and whilst some I already have on Technics Floppies, they do sound better on the KN7000. The write-up on this SD card in my TechPlus magazine does state that it has been produced specially for the KN7000 and KN2600 so you should be able to use it on your KN2600 without problems.

I must admit it is very expensive in England selling at £99.00 (about $198 I think) hence the reason the family got together to buy it for me, bless em!

Yes! it is well worth having.

Hope this helps.

Aud (U.K.)
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: Americana SD Style Card - 01/27/05 09:11 PM

I JUst figured out the perfect solution.
I have copied this thread and mailed it to my wife at her office with a reminder that my 73 rd birthday is exactly one month from today
That might just work. Only time will tell.
I just finished wining and dining her 9 days ago for her XX birthday so she is still in a birthday mode.
Yup, it might work.
I have 4 or 5 of those americana floppies for the Kn3000 and I recall they were really well done.
Back then they were 5 to a disc and about 40.00 a disc.
Thanks for this info y'all. Now I shall hope for a month
Bebop
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Americana SD Style Card - 01/28/05 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnie:
......Does the 30 banks of new performance pads work on my Kn2600? Also, do the 170 new styles have good presets? Are they really "new" styles? I'd like your input.

It looks like it will work just fine, here is some additional info:

Quote Technote:

Our Price : £99.00 GBP
List Price : £600.00 GBP
You Save : £501.00 GBP (84%)

This is the ultimate 34 Disk Collection on one 32MB SD card. This brand new SD card features no less than 170 new rhythm styles from the fabulous Americana series. This complete collection has been optimized for use in your KN7000 or KN2600 keyboard. Along with 170 new styles are 30 banks of new performance pads, also custom style files are on the card to load multiple styles in one go! http://www.technote.com/

End Quote.

Happy playing
GJ

Re: Americana SD Style Card - 01/28/05 11:24 AM

Thanks to you posters for your imputs on this Americana SD Card,
I got a favorable request for further info from wife Jann this morning. She wanted Simon's phone number in Florida. Now that is really encouraging.
I got an Email from Simon this morning and he states that my cost is exactly $199.00 US Dollars, no shipping and no exchange rate conversion. They must ship US customers from Florida. That is good.
I love these styles. They are the best I ever used.
I have the KN7000 Reprise disc that has all the best styles from the various keyboards KN2000 to KN6500. That is a good value also and I reccomend it to everyone.
Thanks again
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 01-28-2005).]

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 01-28-2005).]
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: Americana SD Style Card - 01/28/05 02:58 PM

Quote : "I have the KN7000 Reprise disc that has all the best styles from the various keyboards KN2000 to KN6500. That is a good value also and I reccomend it to everyone."
All of these styles are still available 'for free' on the KN7000 Website : http://www.technicskn7000.com/home.asp
Posted by: hbinfo2001

Re: Americana SD Style Card - 01/28/05 04:14 PM

Hi Did you try to download the 682 styles (64mb) directly to the sdcard from the site http://www.technicskn7000.com The styles are from the kn2000,3000,5000,6500 and kn2600.You have the pads with it and its very good.

Re: Americana SD Style Card - 01/28/05 08:53 PM

I have all the styles from the technics webpage for my KN7000 and KN2600. I also have the reprise disc from Technote for the same two keyboards.
I will now have the Americana Series on the Sd card as soon as my birthday gets here per my generous wife
Best to all
Bebop
Posted by: Joan

Re: Americana SD Style Card - 01/29/05 03:34 AM

Hi Bebop - I hope you do get your Americana software for your birthday - you seem convinced that you will.

I had a friend who was convinced that her husband was buying her a saphire and diamond ring and she was very very disapointed when he actually bought her a footwarmer!!!

Joan
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Americana SD Style Card - 01/29/05 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joan:
I had a friend who was convinced that her husband was buying her a saphire and diamond ring and she was very very disapointed when he actually bought her a footwarmer!!!

That lady probably don't live in "winterland".
GJ

Re: Americana SD Style Card - 01/29/05 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Joan:
Hi Bebop - I hope you do get your Americana software for your birthday - you seem convinced that you will.

Joan

HI JOAN,
I am confirmed. Jann and I have a simple solution to birthdays. Either we ask for something specific or if the birthday rolls around one takes the birthday person on a shopping trip and buys them wantever they want. No suprises or hurt feelings here, unless the person asks for a rolls royce. Keyboards are ok
christmas is an entirely different matter and all suprises
I anxiously await the arrival of the birthday present, AMERICANA SERIES SD

Bebop