Hi Everyone ( it's been a while)

Posted by: rikkisbears

Hi Everyone ( it's been a while) - 02/29/04 02:19 PM

Hi All,
thought I better check back in ( before you all forget me (haahaa)) . It's been a while, and I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Hubby's still in hospital ( things went from bad to worse( thought for a while we might lose him), but finally things are starting to look up for him). Still got another 5 or 6 weeks to spend in hospital, but hopefully after his next operation ( Tuesday week) he should finally be on his way back home. ( fingers crossed).

best wishes
Rikki
Posted by: Walt Meyer

Re: Hi Everyone ( it's been a while) - 02/29/04 03:07 PM

Rikki, sorry to hear of your problems, but super glad that things are starting to look up. Tell your husband that all of us on the forum are rooting and praying for him. (I'm sure that I can say that for everyone).
Hang in there, and be sure to keep us updated.
Walt
Posted by: Chuck Piper

Re: Hi Everyone ( it's been a while) - 02/29/04 03:24 PM

Hi Rikki,

We have missed you. Glad you're back. My best wishes to you and may your husband have a speedy recovery.

Chuck
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: Hi Everyone ( it's been a while) - 02/29/04 03:37 PM

Hi Rikki, Great to see your 'Friendly Face' back again. I echo the sentiments expressed above and wish a speedy recovery for Hubby. It must have been a worrying time for you.

------------------
Willum
Posted by: lahawk

Re: Hi Everyone ( it's been a while) - 02/29/04 07:35 PM

Ditto...

Larry Hawk
Posted by: Mark And Michelle

Re: Hi Everyone ( it's been a while) - 02/29/04 09:15 PM

Hi,

As with the previous responses all our thoughts are with you at this time.

Take care, and with love,

Michie, Lucy & Mark
Posted by: Joan

Re: Hi Everyone ( it's been a while) - 02/29/04 11:47 PM

Hi Rikki - Very good to hear from you and to hear that the news on your husband is positive.

Good health is something that we too often take for granted and we forget sometimes that life is sweet and very precious. Joan
Posted by: shcox

Re: Hi Everyone ( it's been a while) - 03/01/04 05:09 AM

Hi Rikki,

I echo everyones thoughts and best wishes and I add my prayers for you and hubby.

Heather
Posted by: technicsplayer

Re: Hi Everyone ( it's been a while) - 03/01/04 05:56 AM

Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Hi Everyone ( it's been a while) - 03/01/04 06:25 AM

rikki ... Having had 2 major (but fortunately not life - threatening) surgeries within 12 months, I can sort of relate to what you and your husband are going through .. Our thoughts and prayers are with you ....
t.
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Hi Everyone ( it's been a while) - 03/01/04 11:21 AM

Most everything said already, and I'm joining the choir
GJ
Posted by: Bud Whipple

Re: Hi Everyone ( it's been a while) - 03/01/04 12:11 PM

And I'm standing right behind Gunnar!
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Hi Everyone ( it's been a while) - 03/01/04 03:18 PM

Hi,
thank you eveyone for your well wishes.

It has been a worrying time.

It's strange how things sometimes happen for the best.

He went in with blood poisoning from a pressure sore that wasn't healing, and they accidently discovered the aorta (to the stomach area, not near the heart was now nearly 100% blocked. Apparently it blocked 27 years ago when he had an accident & broke his back, and the blockage has gradually gotten worse.
Scary part is , he's enjoyed remarkably good health over all those years( especially for a parapalegic) and he's never been back to hospital in all those years.
According to the vascular surgeons who operated on him, it would have only been a matter of time, till it blocked totally, and he wouldn't have been with us anymore.

Apparently the spinal unit at the hospital is now reveiwing some of their procedures.
They're thinking that if hubby has managed to escape detection for all those years, there may be other patients out there from many years ago, who might also have escaped detection and have possible similar problems without knowing it.

Anyway, good part is, he's slowly getting better.

thanks everyone

best wishes
Rikki
Posted by: Marilyn Boissoneault

Re: Hi Everyone ( it's been a while) - 03/01/04 03:46 PM

Glad to see you back. I'm sure it's been a very stressful time. Glad all seems to be going well now. Sounds like it was touch and go for awhile. Hope you get a little time to relax with your KN7000 now. Music is wonderful therapy for stress.

Marilyn
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Hi Everyone ( it's been a while) - 03/01/04 04:26 PM

Rikki,

My wife Marg and my thoughts are with you and your hubby. We know what is is like.

Fran in Florida
Posted by: Scott Langholff

Re: Hi Everyone ( it's been a while) - 03/01/04 05:10 PM

Hi Rikki

Best wishes for you and your hubby.

Scott
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: Hi Everyone ( it's been a while) - 03/01/04 07:19 PM

Sorry to hear/read of your Hub's problems Rikki. It is good to know that a full recovery is in sight.
Best to you both,
Bebop