A Library of Sounds ?

Posted by: Jean Olivia

A Library of Sounds ? - 03/28/06 10:03 PM

Greetings from beautiful Melbourne.
I am trying to catalogue all my sounds which I have gathered over the years from various sources,eg. 40 guitar sounds in one sound memory file and so on. Is there a way to do this? I am not having much success. I have a KN6500. I'm sure it is easy,in fact I think I have done it before, but I am missing something somewhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?Cheers. Jean.
Posted by: nsr007

Re: A Library of Sounds ? - 03/29/06 07:18 AM

Jean,

Bring up SAVE on the disk and go to page 2 and click all options to "NO" but SOUND MEMORY - that should be "YES" and hit SAVE.

S

Re: A Library of Sounds ? - 03/29/06 01:39 PM

What I am trying to do, nsr007, is to to load a sound memory file from Disk A. Now I only want to save ONE voice from this sound memory file onto disk B. Then I want to load Disk C sound memory and save only ONE voice from this disk to disk B and so on until I have a sound memory of all my chosen voices, in this case guitars. I must have 20 or more guitar voices all in different sound memories, and I just want them to get together in one sound memory file. The procedure you suggested I have performed a million times, but it does not relate to this problem. I hope this makes it clearer. I am sure many of the guys have found a way to do this and it is probably staring me in the face but I can't see it.Thankyou and Reguards. Jean.
Posted by: technicsplayer

Re: A Library of Sounds ? - 03/29/06 02:29 PM

use page 3 of the load screen, set the MODE switch to SOUND, now you can load a single sound memory from different sources to a single slot in the sound memory. The source files must be 7k format, thus 6k or 5k etc disk files need to be loaded and immediately saved to convert to 7k format to enable the single load function to work.
Posted by: manorcourt1991

Re: A Library of Sounds ? - 03/29/06 03:44 PM

Hi Jean,

Good to see you on the forum again. I presume you are still using the KN6500 in which case files will need to be in 6k format not 7k, other than that the procedure described by Alec is exactly the same for the 6500.

Cheers
Len
Posted by: technicsplayer

Re: A Library of Sounds ? - 03/29/06 05:36 PM

not knowing which machine Jean has it should be obvious you need the native format of the machine you are performing the single load. The principle is the same all the way back to the KN3000 I believe.

Re: A Library of Sounds ? - 03/29/06 08:19 PM

Thanks a Million Alec and Len. I was on the right track, but I was trying to save single sounds from the TECHNOTE STYLE FILES without first saving the disk on the 6500 and of course the MODE would not change to sound memory - that was the missing step!! I hope to catch up with the "KNOGGERS" soon, Len, but at the moment I am terrorising all the Seniors groups on the peninsular. The keyboard is very busy, but I wish they would make a lighter one for ladies. I also take a SOUNDCRAFT GIG RAC and a JRX100 Amplifier. Cheers. Jean.
Posted by: Bud Whipple

Re: A Library of Sounds ? - 03/30/06 12:07 PM

Jean, if you are archiving your sound files, you may want to consider going one step farther, especially if you do a lot of playing or recording. When you have gathered all your different sounds into memory banks, pick out the ones you like the best for certain catagories, (latin: soft latin, loud latin, brassy latin, etc.)(ballads:strings, piano, acoustic guitar, etc.)(country:slide guitar, steel guitar, country guitar, etc.), and assemble them into groups you then save to disk. You will end up with 20 different groups of 8 different sounds that will blend together for that particular rhythm style. It takes seconds to load the sounds and you won't have to fiddle with techni-chord or any other settings. It's an easy way to play using unique sounds you've gathered over the years, or with your own creations, and not have to remember what disk you put them on or with what song or style. Load your style, load your sounds, and you're good to go. You will know exactly what you're getting with no surprises, like glass flutes when you really want cello. Works for me!

Re: A Library of Sounds ? - 03/30/06 07:10 PM

Great idea, Bud, and as you say, it works for you.
I work a little differently in that for all songs that I perform,I pre-record the chord and control track, so there is no room for error.This means that I can sing,smile and crack jokes without having to press a button.
I do put a lot of time into selecting the right voices when pre-recording, also the technicord and effects, so that the backing is always the best I can do and never varies. this is why I need a library of sounds so that I can find the right one without fiddling with a great pile of disks.
I don't use step record or sound edit,and this pretty well works for me, but your idea is practical for me too.Cheers.Jean.