KN5000 Electric piano voice

Posted by: Brian Shearer

KN5000 Electric piano voice - 12/06/03 11:37 PM

I find teh KN5000 does not have the best electric piano sounds. Does anyone know where I can obtain the Electric piano1 sound off the Technics P50 keyboard so it will play on the KN5000?
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: KN5000 Electric piano voice - 12/07/03 03:52 AM

Hi Brian and welcome to the forum.
It is not really possible to transfer the basic sound from one keyboard to another since all basic sounds, in all the Technics keyboards are unique samples, which are stored in 'read only' system memory chips. You can modify the processing parameters which are applied between the basic sample and the actual sound which you hear when you press a key, by using the 'Sound Edit' facility, but you cannot change the actual basic sound sample.
It is often worthwhile spending some time experimenting with the 'Sound Editor' where you can produce 'New' sounds, using mixtures of the basic sounds. For instance, you can combine up to four basic samples in the 'Tone Select' screen of the editor, then change the Envelope shape, harmonic structure etc.
Your 'New' sounds can then be stored to disc.
Hope this helps.....

------------------
Willum
Posted by: Brian Shearer

Re: KN5000 Electric piano voice - 12/08/03 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Hi Brian and welcome to the forum.
It is not really possible to transfer the basic sound from one keyboard to another since all basic sounds, in all the Technics keyboards are unique samples, which are stored in 'read only' system memory chips. You can modify the processing parameters which are applied between the basic sample and the actual sound which you hear when you press a key, by using the 'Sound Edit' facility, but you cannot change the actual basic sound sample.
It is often worthwhile spending some time experimenting with the 'Sound Editor' where you can produce 'New' sounds, using mixtures of the basic sounds. For instance, you can combine up to four basic samples in the 'Tone Select' screen of the editor, then change the Envelope shape, harmonic structure etc.
Your 'New' sounds can then be stored to disc.
Hope this helps.....

Thanks for that & I'll give it a try.

Brian