Any Tom Jones fans out there?

Posted by: Jean Olivia

Any Tom Jones fans out there? - 02/10/03 01:33 PM

I am endeavouring to create a song backing for one of my "old guys" who wants to sing "Funny familiar forgotten faces" as in the Tom Jones style, but I am having trouble in (a) finding the sheet music at a price we can afford without buying an expensive book and
(b)finding the appropriate COUNTRY WALTZ STYLE as on the C.D with the count 1 2 3 +1 2 3 with the + very clearly defined.The COUNTRY WALTZ (2) that I have are all 1 2+3 and I cant get the "feel" correct. I hope I have made this clear- it is very easy if you hear the C.D. Can anyone suggest where I could find a style more like Toms please. These "old guys" do a wonderful job for local causes and I like to help out wher possible and as this is to be more of an "impression"-I would like to get the backing right. Any help or advice greatly appreciated.I have a 6500. Cheers, Jean.

[This message has been edited by Jean Olivia (edited 02-10-2003).]

Re: Any Tom Jones fans out there? - 02/10/03 06:45 PM

Walter. A big Thank you for your E-mail. Now I only need the right style. What a great help you all are. This forum has been such a wonderful help to me.Reguards to all. Jean.
Posted by: Bud Whipple

Re: Any Tom Jones fans out there? - 02/12/03 11:38 AM

Jean, I'm not familiar with the song, but I will send you some country waltz styles to see if we can get closer to the "feel".

Re: Any Tom Jones fans out there? - 02/13/03 03:05 PM

Thank you Bud. I have E-mailed you. I think I can "fiddle' with the fourth one to get close enough to the result I want. Thank you for all your help. It is wonderful. Cheers Jean.