Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording

Posted by: BEBOP

Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/04/02 11:46 AM

HI to ALL
I have just finished reading the above dissertation Carole aka Sissle was kind enough to email to me and I highly reccomend it to anyone comtemplating this awesome project. Yes, even those that have done it before, as you will no doubt learn something new or refresh your memory or at the very least have it available for the next person developing their learning curve.
This is an excellent job she has done and would certainly be a welcome standard and goal for those people that write manuals that leave everyone wondering what in the heck it said, excluding Alec's How Do I DO That, another must read.
Email Carol at Sissle@aol.com and ask her for this great public service manual she has just performed for all of us. It is free at this time but WHO KNOWS ABOUT TOMORROW?
THANK YOU SISSLE
BEBOP
Posted by: Sissle

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/04/02 04:30 PM

Hi BEBOP,

You embarrass the heck out of me! Thanks for the compliments, it makes it all worthwhile. Keep in mind that this training package is just one way of achieving the goal of recording from our instruments to CD. This just happens to be the way it works for me. The training package will always be free as I gained my knowledge from people like Shirley, Alec, Gunnar and several others. This is the only way I know how to tell everyone "Thank You" for the help and for being there for me on this wonderful Forum!
Carol

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/05/02 06:51 AM

Hi Everyone,
I have been receiving many requests for my training package. However, please be sure to include the word "Training" or "Burning CD's" in your subject line when you email me. I am the kind that goes through my email and deletes all the junk before reading anything. If I don't recognize your email address and the subject line doesn't give me a clue, I have a nasty habit of going delete, delete, delete! Almost did that to a few of the valid requests that I have received.

By the way, many of you folks I have never heard of before. That tells me you haven't been posting on the Forum. Please don't be shy! Step right up and join us even if it is just to say "HI". The more we have asking questions and contributing, the more valuable this Forum becomes. We value your input. No question is considered "dumb". There are many people on this Forum with a vast amount of knowledge who are more than willing to do whatever it takes to make your musical experiences as fulfilling as possible.
Carol
Posted by: gilbert

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/05/02 12:23 PM

Hi Sissle,

Many thanks for your generous contribution to the Tecnics Forum. Email on the way.
Best Wishes Gilbert
Posted by: Benno Kattenat

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/05/02 12:30 PM

SIZZLE

email is on the way

BENNO
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/05/02 12:40 PM

Everyone should have this manual in their reference library. It makes for fast set ups when you do not burn music CD's all the time and have a memory like mine.

Very well written Carole.

cheers,

Fran in Florida

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/05/02 05:54 PM

Hi Fran,
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I appreciate knowing that you like my work.
Carol
Posted by: gilbert

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/06/02 12:16 AM

HIi Sissle,
many thanks to your speedy reply to my E mail.Your manual is a great piece of work which has obviously been given alot of thought and effort.Even as a novice to computers I have no difficulty in understanding and following your well written instructions.It is only a pity that thoses responcible for producing the official Technics Manuals can not do likewise Well Done
Regards Gilbert

[This message has been edited by gilbert (edited 05-06-2002).]

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/06/02 05:43 AM

Gilbert,

Blush, blush! You flatter me, and I love it! (Might just as well be honest!) Just hope everyone else feels the same about this training as I do want it to be a valuable resource for all my music friends. Thanks for the public accolades! I appreciate it.

Carol
Posted by: Mike Harrison

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/06/02 12:39 PM

Hi Sissle
Would love to have your Dissertation on CD Recording, have been off line for a few days, hope Im not to late,thanks in advance.
Mike

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/06/02 02:21 PM

Hi Mike,

Never too late! I think you will already find it in your mailbox!

Carol
Posted by: Bert Aarts

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/07/02 12:08 AM

Hi Sissle,
Thanks for sending me the manual that quick. The way that it is written makes burning CD's very easy. I will surely give it a try within a short time. Thanks again,
Bert

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/07/02 06:40 AM

Hi Bert,

Glad you appreciate the simple way I wrote the training. It was such a struggle for me to learn the whole process that I wanted to make sure nobody had to go through the agony and frustration I did to finally acheive success. The idea behind writing the package was to speed up the learning curve by using explicit detail, simplicity, and step by step instructions with detailed graphics. I am thrilled with the responses I have received through personal email and also on this Forum. It makes the effort expended worth its while.

Carol

[This message has been edited by Sissle (edited 05-07-2002).]
Posted by: Chuck Piper

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/07/02 11:56 AM

I recommend everyone obtain a copy of Carol's "Burning CD's" manual even if you are not into that type of activity at this time. I've had considerable experience writing step-by-step technical/test procedures and manuals over the years and can assure you her manual is first class. I don't have Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 or Easy CD Creator but may buy them now that I have a well written manual to follow. The more I think about saving my work on a CD, the more I believe I need to be doing that. Doing so would enable me to share my music with family and friends and I like that idea.

Chuck
Posted by: Mike Harrison

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/07/02 03:06 PM

Hi Carol
Thank you so much for your tutorial, the amount of work you have put into it and the way you have laid it all out is absolutely superb, I am using Power Tracks Pro 7 and Nero 5, although they differ in layout the end result should be the same, I am quite new to this setup, and bought the Casio wk1800 to use with it, did not want to mess my 6500 up until I'm sure I know what I am doing, hope to try it out over the next few days.
Mike

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/07/02 05:45 PM

Hi Chuck and Mike,

I am so glad you find the training worthy of your fine comments. Sharing it with all my friends is the "icing on the cake" for me. I am even happier to find out that it will be posted to this website for all to use.

Carol
Posted by: Brian Goodison

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/09/02 05:51 AM

Hi Sissle
Many thanks for your speedy reply to my E-Mail. The manual is brilliant. I can't wait to get my CD hardware and give it a try
It's people like yourself ,and others on this forum, who freely give there time and
knowledge to us all that makes it all worthwhile Many thanks once again

Regards

Brian

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/09/02 12:32 PM

Hi Brian,

You are more than welcome! Hope you have success.

Carol
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/18/02 04:05 AM

I have posted this on another thread but I wanted to add it back to this thread as well.

Sissle's latest update of the CD Burning.doc is available online again.
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/20/02 05:40 PM

Hi Carol,

I e-mailed you as soon as I read your e address on this forum asking for a copy of your Training/CD recording method and going on this Forum you usually reply immediately so I guess I must have deleted your email as like you, I start with getting rid of the spam (I had 30 yesterday would you believe). Anyway, I'll send you another e-mail right now and I promise I'll not delete your reply this time.

Regards and many thanks!

Aud
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/20/02 11:59 PM

Hi Aud, just in case you did not notice,
the document is downloadable here as well.
Just look at the post above yours, then
rightclick the link for the document and
use "save as", and it is on your PC ready
to read.
Kind regards
GJ

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/22/02 06:24 PM

Hi Aud,

Sorry for the slow response. Been on a mini-vacation and just got back tonight. I just sent a copy off to you in case you didn't download from this website. I think the problem is because AOL was having glitches in their email system. I did send it to you before, and my AOL send box shows I sent it to you. But, I don't think it was you at all. Have had some other people tell me they never received what I sent them. Let me know if you have it.

Carol
Posted by: Audrey Turner

Re: Sissle's Dissertation on CD Recording - 05/22/02 11:32 PM

Hi again Carol,

I have e-mailed you privately but just in case you don't get it, this is to let you know I have downloaded your manual successfully.

Thank you again.

Aud